Windows 10: When I downloaded and ran windows 10 upgrade from windows 7, I lost my bookmarks

Discus and support When I downloaded and ran windows 10 upgrade from windows 7, I lost my bookmarks in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I downloaded and ran windows 10 upgrade from windows 7, I lost my bookmarks. Can anyone tell me how retrieve my old bookmarks from windows 7? 16052 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by in19, Aug 13, 2015.

1. in19 Win User

When I downloaded and ran windows 10 upgrade from windows 7, I lost my bookmarks

When I downloaded and ran windows 10 upgrade from windows 7, I lost my bookmarks. Can anyone tell me how retrieve my old bookmarks from windows 7?

:)

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

When I downloaded and ran windows 10 upgrade from windows 7, I lost my bookmarks

Are you referring to internet favorites? What browser do you use?

Rocky, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

1. When I downloaded and ran windows 10 upgrade from windows 7, I lost my bookmarks - Similar Threads - downloaded ran upgrade

2. I can not upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 1930

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can not upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 1930: Hi, I'm having problems updating from Windows 7 to Windows 1903 using MDT. When I reached 75% update, the machine restarted 3 times and performed the "Rollback". I have been reviewing the "logs" but I do not see anything. The "Rollback" is performed on the second restart. I...
  3. Lost bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost bookmarks: I have lost my bookmarks in Windows 10. Also lost my toolbar. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-bookmarks/c0427a3d-b8b6-4cbe-b561-7a40074f4cdb"
  4. Lost my license when I installed the windows 10 from boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost my license when I installed the windows 10 from boot: Hello, I lost my windows 8.1 license when I installed windows 10 from boot on my new laptop 3 years ago. When I bought this laptop, it was installed windows 8.1 on it with a digital license. How can I find that license? And can I transfer it to windows 10?...
  5. Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 - lost my main account HELP !

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 - lost my main account HELP !: Hello every one, i just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I had two accounts in my desktop computer. One was the main administrator account and second was the account for my wife. After upgrading the windows 10 boots only in the wife account. I have no idea what happend...
  6. lost my bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    lost my bookmarks: all of my bookmarks and saved log on/passwords are gone. i've been reading how to restore the bookmarks from the backup json file, but can't get it to work. i use firefox and windows 10 79569
  7. Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?

Can I upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate?: Because i've heard that if you have ultimate you will get pro edition. But it says I need sp1. So do I actually need sp1 or I can just upgrade from ultimate to pro? 61120
  8. I lost all of my administrator rights when I downloaded Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    I lost all of my administrator rights when I downloaded Windows 10: I have no rights to save to anywhere or do anything, iTunes wouldn't let me sync because I "didn't have enough access privileges" but apparently that was something to do with the pictures, which then links back to me no longer having the rights to do anything on my computer....
  9. If i upgrade to windows 10 will i loose my files from windows 7?

If i upgrade to windows 10 will i loose my files from windows 7?: Hey guys i wanted to ask if i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 with a disk because my pc didnt show me the message to upgrade due to a activation problem i had a long time ago and now im planning on to upgrade through a disk to windows 10 will i loose my files? and do i...
  10. If I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7,would windows 7 be a 2nd os?

in Windows 10 Support
    If I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7,would windows 7 be a 2nd os?: I'm asking this because this problem occurred once on my PC and it was VERY laggy, and I needed to uninstall one of them wich was very hard. And if anyone can respond to this thanks! 59931