Windows 10: When I Enable Sysmain Superfetch My Windows 10 Laptop is Stuck On Restarting When I Restart.

Discus and support When I Enable Sysmain Superfetch My Windows 10 Laptop is Stuck On Restarting When I Restart. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I Enable Sysmain Superfetch My Windows 10 Laptop is Stuck On Restarting When I Restart and I Have to Press The Power Button . When I Do that I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rigid_429, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Rigid_429 Win User

When I Enable Sysmain Superfetch My Windows 10 Laptop is Stuck On Restarting When I Restart.

When I Enable Sysmain Superfetch My Windows 10 Laptop is Stuck On Restarting When I Restart and I Have to Press The Power Button . When I Do that I am Finding Corrupted Files. Temporarily I Disabled it and My Laptop is Properly Restarting now . But I Need Sysmain because it literally increases my system perfomance. I Would be Greatful For Any Help.

:)

Rigid_429, Aug 26, 2021
  2. steve108 Win User

SysMain no activity without internet connection?

Hello @RoasterMen *Smile
    I have not understood SysMain to be an internet specific related task, so what you observe is interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not suggesting you delete it : Enable or Disable SuperFetch in Windows

- - - Updated - - -

What are you using to determine that SysMain is active or not? Are you saying SysMain service does not start until you connect to the internet?

steve108, Aug 26, 2021
  3. grandekid Win User
    Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Aug 26, 2021
  4. When I Enable Sysmain Superfetch My Windows 10 Laptop is Stuck On Restarting When I Restart.

superfetch has been deleted on my laptop.

Hello.

To enable SuperFetch in Services follow the steps below:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type services.msc into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Services.

2. Double click/tap on the Superfetch service.

3. Change the Startup type to Automatic.

4. Click/tap on the Start button.

5. Click/tap on OK.

6. Close Services.

Or enable SuperFetch in Command Prompt

1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, press Enter

sc config "SysMain" start=auto & sc start "SysMain"

3. Close command prompt.

Or enable SuperFetch in PowerShell

1. Copy and paste the command below into the elevated PowerShell, press Enter

Set-Service -Name "SysMain" -StartupType Automatic -Status Running

2. Close PowerShell.

Or enable from Registry

1. Hold the Windows Key, while pressing “R” to bring up the Run dialog box.

2. Type “Regedit“, then press “Enter“.

3. The Registry Editor window appears. Navigate to the following location in the Registry.

- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

- SYSTEM

- CurrentControlSet

- Control

- Session Manager

- MemoryManagement

- PrefetchParameters

4. On the right side, double-click on “EnableSuperfetch“. If this value doesn’t exist, right-click the “PrefetchParameters” folder, then choose “New” > “DWORD Value“.

5. Give “EnableSuperfetch” one of the following values:

0 – to disable Superfetch

1 – to enable prefetching when program is launched

2 – to enable boot prefetching

3 – to enable prefectching of everything

6. Select “OK“.

7. Close the Registry Editor.

Let me know how it goes

Mark St..., Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

When I Enable Sysmain Superfetch My Windows 10 Laptop is Stuck On Restarting When I Restart.

1. When I Enable Sysmain Superfetch My Windows 10 Laptop is Stuck On Restarting When I Restart. - Similar Threads - Enable Sysmain Superfetch

2. my laptop restart when i turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop restart when i turn it on: when i updated windows my laptop restart when i turn it on so i run a troubleshooter on windows update and it detect WaaSMedicService Issues remediated by :AutomaticCorruptionRepairPlugin;ResetRepairPlugin what does it mean? And how to fix it?...
  3. my laptop restart when i turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop restart when i turn it on: when i updated windows my laptop restart when i turn it on so i run a troubleshooter on windows update and it detect WaaSMedicService Issues remediated by :AutomaticCorruptionRepairPlugin;ResetRepairPlugin what does it mean? And how to fix it?...
  4. my laptop restart when i turn it on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When I turn off my laptop it restarts.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I turn off my laptop it restarts.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer it immediately starts again, like a restart. Can someone explain to me why does it happen? If I should worry? and, how to fix it?...
  6. My windows 10 restart all the time when I on the pc it restart again and again when it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 restart all the time when I on the pc it restart again and again when it...: The above subject is the problem I can't get into the desktop and when I go to system restore it shows no system restore create and when I saw that create a system restore it shows system protection is available only in online system so what should I do...
  7. When I restart my laptop it looks 'new'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I restart my laptop it looks 'new': Issues: 1. Backgrounds removed home screen, lock screen, etc. 2. Chrome isn't default browser 3. Files that I had in the documents and downloads tabs are gone But my drives are fine 4. I'm logged out of things I should be logged into These are the only issues I've...
  8. Sysmain / superfetch disabled not working ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sysmain / superfetch disabled not working ?: I have 8 GB Ram and windows 10 pro 64 bit , i have disabled ram cache by disabled sysmain service and set starup to disabled , also disable it in registery files - memory managment - superfetch = 0. even after disabling it when i run windows in beginning ram usage is always...
  9. My update is stuck at pending restart, when I press the restart now button my PC restarts...

My update is stuck at pending restart, when I press the restart now button my PC restarts...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/areT33 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hr9j5b/my_update_is_stuck_at_pending_restart_when_i/
  10. Sysmain or Superfetch Help please

Sysmain or Superfetch Help please: So I disabled Sysmain(previously known as superfetch) then I noticed when I try to copy data from my laptop to my phone via USB memory usage goes to 100% and freezes my laptop So I decided to enable it again Then it worked perfectly copying files was successful no spikes in...