Windows 10: When i enter a fullscreen application (games in specific) and go back to desktop my screen...

Discus and support When i enter a fullscreen application (games in specific) and go back to desktop my screen... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have tried reinstalling driver, updating them, only fixed it for a couple of days. Its very annoying to alt+tab and certainly my screen is in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Idk_tbh1337, Apr 6, 2021.

1. When i enter a fullscreen application (games in specific) and go back to desktop my screen...

I have tried reinstalling driver, updating them, only fixed it for a couple of days.

Its very annoying to alt+tab and certainly my screen is in a wierd ass resolution and it also makes alt+tab very slow because the monitor and gpu have to change resolution.

Most solutions ive tried are temporary.

submitted by /u/Idk_tbh1337
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Idk_tbh1337, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.

Hi Syrius,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have clarity on this issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information.

• Is the issue specific to a game or does it occur on all the games?
    • Is the issue specific to only games or does it occur while playing full screen videos?

If the issue occurs while playing videos in full screen, you may want to uninstall and reinstall the video card drivers to see if it helps.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device manager.

• Expand Display Adapters, right click on your video card driver and choose
      Uninstall.
    • Check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the machine for Windows to automatically reinstall the drivers.

If the issue is specific to games, it could be a compatibility issue. I suggest you to refer to the article
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows and run the games
    in compatibility mode to see if it helps.

If the issue persists, it could be due to the full screen optimization. As you’ve already updated the drivers, I would suggest you to disable the same and check if it works.

• Open Settings and go to System > Display.
    • On the right pane, click on the Advanced graphics settings
      hyperlink.
    • Uncheck Enable fullscreen optimizations
      and exit Settings.
    • Restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Fullscreen program minimises everything on specific screen

I have 3 screens, Games run on screen 1 and other stuff on 2 and 3.

When i open anything in fullscreen all the windows on screen 3 minimizes

Dont tell me to use borderless as it is not a viable option in this specific case(adds a ton of lattency over fullscreen)

https://i.imgur.com/0eqljfO.png

rubijox..., Apr 6, 2021
  4. When i enter a fullscreen application (games in specific) and go back to desktop my screen...

Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

When i enter a fullscreen application (games in specific) and go back to desktop my screen...

1. When i enter a fullscreen application (games in specific) and go back to desktop my screen... - Similar Threads - enter fullscreen application

2. when i enter fullscreen on any website my screen gets wobbly and when i exit fullscreen the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i enter fullscreen on any website my screen gets wobbly and when i exit fullscreen the...: i had to type something here so yeah... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-enter-fullscreen-on-any-website-my-screen/8f144acb-a077-46ee-bffd-641eccf1456e
  3. when i enter fullscreen on any website my screen gets wobbly and when i exit fullscreen the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i enter fullscreen on any website my screen gets wobbly and when i exit fullscreen the...: i had to type something here so yeah... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-enter-fullscreen-on-any-website-my-screen/8f144acb-a077-46ee-bffd-641eccf1456e
  4. when i enter fullscreen on any website my screen gets wobbly and when i exit fullscreen the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lag When I Put A Application On Top Of A Fullscreen Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag When I Put A Application On Top Of A Fullscreen Game: So when I play a game its called fall guys and i play it on Fullscreen It Is great quality And I run a stat tracker in the background when i play it its still great quality but when i pit the overlay feature on. the fps goes really down. so if anyone could hep with that it...
  6. Lag When I Put A Application On Top Of A Fullscreen Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag When I Put A Application On Top Of A Fullscreen Game: So when I play a game its called fall guys and i play it on Fullscreen It Is great quality And I run a stat tracker in the background when i play it its still great quality but when i pit the overlay feature on. the fps goes really down. so if anyone could hep with that it...
  7. Screen goes black for a few seconds when going fullscreen in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen goes black for a few seconds when going fullscreen in games: I recently got a new laptop, and I am trying to play a game on it Minecraft, but whenever I go fullscreen, my screen goes black for a few seconds. This only happens on an external monitor. I keep my laptop screen closed and just use the second monitor, but if I change my...
  8. Black screen in games when fullscreen

Black screen in games when fullscreen: Hello, i just downloaded windows 10 latest update and updated drivers, but then i started playing. I got black screen when in fullscreen but not in windowed....
  9. Games are switching resolution when entering fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are switching resolution when entering fullscreen mode: Hi I have a problem where When I open a game like apex legends or fortnite, My monitor resolution jumps up to 3840 by 2160 witch is only supported as 30 htz. But I want my games to run at 1920 by 1080 at 144htz because that is my monitors refresh rate. Does anyone know...
  10. Screen lag when entering fullscreen or using Game Bar

Screen lag when entering fullscreen or using Game Bar: Hi all, As of a few weeks ago, I've noticed considerable screen lag on my Windows 10 PC occasionally (but not always) upon performing certain actions. These are: when I open a full-screen or borderless full-screen program; open a video in full-screen; open Windows Game Bar;...