Windows 10: When I first got my PC it used to require a password after the display timed out not sleep....

Discus and support When I first got my PC it used to require a password after the display timed out not sleep.... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Title, basically. I know how to require a password on wakeup from sleep, but specifically I want my PC to, after the display times out, require a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChucksNSuch, Dec 5, 2020.

1. When I first got my PC it used to require a password after the display timed out not sleep....

Title, basically. I know how to require a password on wakeup from sleep, but specifically I want my PC to, after the display times out, require a password upon resuming. I've googled all over and the only results I get back have to do with sleep.

:)

ChucksNSuch, Dec 5, 2020

2. password requirement after sleep

To assist you with your concern, you may refer to the steps below on how to skip password prompt after sleep:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Choose Never from the drop-down menu under Require sign-in to complete the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 5, 2020
  4. When I first got my PC it used to require a password after the display timed out not sleep....

Require Password after sleep not working.

Hi,

About your concern in removing the password in your PC. Please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Click “Start”, type “Power Options” in the start search box, and press “Enter”.
    • Click on “Require Password on Wakeup” on the left pane.
    • Select the option “Change settings that are unavailable”.
    • Select the option “Don't require a password".

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

When I first got my PC it used to require a password after the display timed out not sleep....

1. When I first got my PC it used to require a password after the display timed out not sleep.... - Similar Threads - got used require

2. I Got BSOD for first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Got BSOD for first time: Hello, i have been using my laptop for a year. Never gotten a BSOD. This is my first time and i am worried. I am playing overwatch and then i closed it to open chrome and i just got BSOD i only have one dump file: https://files.catbox.moe/ju6fm1.dmp...
  3. I Got BSOD for first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Got BSOD for first time: Hello, i have been using my laptop for a year. Never gotten a BSOD. This is my first time and i am worried. I am playing overwatch and then i closed it to open chrome and i just got BSOD i only have one dump file: https://files.catbox.moe/ju6fm1.dmp...
  4. Pc turning on but no display the first time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc turning on but no display the first time.: My pc is turning on but there is no display the first time I do it, but when I hard restart long pressing the power button and turning it off and then turning on the pc immediately after, it works just fine . I have tried completely reinstalling windows, wiping the hard drive...
  5. Pc turning on but no display the first time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc turning on but no display the first time.: My pc is turning on but there is no display the first time I do it, but when I hard restart long pressing the power button and turning it off and then turning on the pc immediately after, it works just fine . I have tried completely reinstalling windows, wiping the hard drive...
  6. Pc turning on but no display the first time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. pc wont sleep after the first time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc wont sleep after the first time: WINDOWS 10 I've built this Pc back in June and back then it wouldn't go to sleep at all. i fixed that issue by disabling a bunch of stuff like keyboard mouse and network adapters. now i got a new problem on my hand. my pc goes to sleep just fine the first time but when i...
  8. pc wont sleep after the first time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc wont sleep after the first time: I've built this Pc back in June and back then it wouldn't go to sleep at all. i fixed that issue by disabling a bunch of stuff like keyboard mouse and network adapters. now i got a new problem on my hand. my pc goes to sleep just fine the first time but when i wake it up i...
  9. Require password after sleep.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Require password after sleep.: I need my Windows 10 computer to require my windows password after waking from sleep. All answers on the web point to either the 'Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options' menu or the 'Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options' menu. I have checked both and the...
  10. Password Required after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password Required after sleep: I have suddenly got a power management problem. On first boot up the laptop fires up Win Home and does not require a password input. However if I close the lid, the laptop goes to sleep. open the lid press space bar and it now asks for the login password. I have run...