Windows 10: When I first turn my PC on it works fine but if I leave it for just a couple minutes, the...

Discus and support When I first turn my PC on it works fine but if I leave it for just a couple minutes, the... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Please help me to fix the problem above in " Subject"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BrendaPowell3, Mar 19, 2019.

1. When I first turn my PC on it works fine but if I leave it for just a couple minutes, the...

Please help me to fix the problem above in " Subject"

:)

BrendaPowell3, Mar 19, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

When I first turn my PC on it works fine but if I leave it for just a couple minutes, the... [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

3. laszlo Win User
    Do you leave your PC on when you are out?

at office yes i leave it on but at home never only if i step out for max a few minutes otherwise i don't have any reason to leave it running i think this is why we have power on & off option

and to be green i can recommend : http://localcooling.en.softonic.com/ a small piece of soft which turn off unused components when the pc isn't used;at office f.ex. i reached 10 saved trees energy equivalent

laszlo, Mar 19, 2019
  4. When I first turn my PC on it works fine but if I leave it for just a couple minutes, the...

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

When I first turn my PC on it works fine but if I leave it for just a couple minutes, the...

1. When I first turn my PC on it works fine but if I leave it for just a couple minutes, the... - Similar Threads - turn works fine

2. Windows 11 works just fine unless I leave the pc alone for a few hours. Then the desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 works just fine unless I leave the pc alone for a few hours. Then the desktop...: Windows 11 works just fine unless I leave the pc powered on and Windows open alone for a few hours. Then the desktop icons do not respond to a click and the square around the icons that usually appears as the mouse moves over the icon, does not show when I move the mouse over...
  3. Windows 11 works just fine unless I leave the pc alone for a few hours. Then the desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 works just fine unless I leave the pc alone for a few hours. Then the desktop...: Windows 11 works just fine unless I leave the pc powered on and Windows open alone for a few hours. Then the desktop icons do not respond to a click and the square around the icons that usually appears as the mouse moves over the icon, does not show when I move the mouse over...
  4. PC works fine until I close a steam game, a couple of minutes later it restarts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC works fine until I close a steam game, a couple of minutes later it restarts.: My PC is working fine, all drivers up to date. It never misses a beat, it plays any game in steam. But when I exit steam a short while later the PC restarts, not a crash it's just as if I have pushed the soft restart button, I don't get a blue screen or any error messages. It...
  5. PC works fine until I close a steam game, a couple of minutes later it restarts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC works fine until I close a steam game, a couple of minutes later it restarts.: My PC is working fine, all drivers up to date. It never misses a beat, it plays any game in steam. But when I exit steam a short while later the PC restarts, not a crash it's just as if I have pushed the soft restart button, I don't get a blue screen or any error messages. It...
  6. PC works fine until I close a steam game, a couple of minutes later it restarts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My PC doesn't recognise an OS on I drive that was fine just minutes ago.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC doesn't recognise an OS on I drive that was fine just minutes ago.: So, I switched my 120GB SSD to a 1TB one, and reinstalled Windows on the 1TB drive. After that, I started booting from the new drive, and it was all fine. I made backups, etc, formatted the 120GB drive, and now I wanted to take the old one out of the system (so that it saves...
  8. Turned on my PC for the first time in months, and after a few minutes this popped up and I...

Turned on my PC for the first time in months, and after a few minutes this popped up and I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RacingFan34810 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k81kbi/turned_on_my_pc_for_the_first_time_in_months_and/
  9. When I turned on my PC (not logged in yet just on start screen) 5 minutes later this...

When I turned on my PC (not logged in yet just on start screen) 5 minutes later this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/raaad9000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvgmua/when_i_turned_on_my_pc_not_logged_in_yet_just_on/
  10. I just built my first PC

I just built my first PC: so the setup is asking me to connect to the internet and my motherboard doesn’t have WiFi and the nearest Ethernet access point is on the other side of my room and I don’t want it to download a bunch of bloatware and also my dad pays for office 365 and OneDrive so can I...