Windows 10: When I focus on a game while it is in fullscreen it goes into high contrast mode without...

Discus and support When I focus on a game while it is in fullscreen it goes into high contrast mode without... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I recently got done with playing a few unity games which somehow was stuck in high contrast while in fullscreen, although there is no settings for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacob Harrison, Dec 28, 2020.

1. When I focus on a game while it is in fullscreen it goes into high contrast mode without...

So, I recently got done with playing a few unity games which somehow was stuck in high contrast while in fullscreen, although there is no settings for this. Since I played those games, I tried booting up Minecraft and Among Us and putting them into fullscreen, but this glitch or bug happened on them, but when I didn't have the computer focus on them, the bug or glitch stopped. I have high contrast mode turned off on purpose. I tried updating drivers, restarting, and a few other things people suggested to me with no luck. Please help me with this problem!

Laptop Specs:

Brand: Lenovo

Model: Ideapad 110-15ACL

P.S. Prior to these Unity games, I had no errors or bugs like this.

:)

Jacob Harrison, Dec 28, 2020

2. File Explorer Selective High Contrast mode

Hello Kacson, my name is Paul one of the community experts. I am sorry that you are having issues with your visual settings that is stuck in High Contrast Mode.

Kindly try these steps to check if it can resolve the issue.

Way 1: Turn High Contrast off via keyboard shortcut.

Press left Shift+left Alt+Print Screen to instantly turn it off.

Way 2: Turn off High Contrast through changing the theme.

Step 1: Enter theme in the search box and click Change the theme in the result.

Step 2: Choose a new theme from the offered themes excluding the High Contrast themes.

Way 3: Turn High Contrast off in High contrast settings.

Step 1: Type high contrast in the search box and tap High contrast settings in the result.

Step 2: Click the High Contrast theme (i.e. High Contrast #1, High Contrast #2, High Contrast Black or High Contrast White), choose None in the pop-up list and then hit Apply.

Please let me know if that above information's helped or not.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Dec 28, 2020
  3. how to turn off high contrast

Hi,

Follow these steps on how to turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows:

• Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn high contrast mode on or off from the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner and choose High Contrast.
    • To turn high contrast on or off from the keyboard, press left Alt + left Shift + Print
      Screen.

Keep us updated with the result.

Marvin Barc, Dec 28, 2020
  4. When I focus on a game while it is in fullscreen it goes into high contrast mode without...

High Contrast Mode in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to apply the changes from the settings option in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1) Type High contrast settings in the search box and then click on High Contrast settings.

2) In the right pane select the level of contrast choose a theme and check.

I also recommend you to update the graphic drivers of the computer and check if it helps.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

When I focus on a game while it is in fullscreen it goes into high contrast mode without...

1. When I focus on a game while it is in fullscreen it goes into high contrast mode without... - Similar Threads - focus game while

2. I can't disable high contrast mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disable high contrast mode.: I have searched up every shortcut and possible way to disable high contrast mode on windows 11 but none of them show up. When I go into the themes section where the high contrast settings are at, it says that it is already disabled. I Don't know how to fix this....
  3. Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode: Hello!I am using a laptop that has windows 10 installed and for a while, I noticed I am thrown out of any game that is in fullscreen. Simply browsing or watching movies in fullscreen is fine though.The issue behaves like this: I am gaming and suddenly my game shows a black...
  4. High contrast colors appearing when high contrast mode is off

in Windows 10 Customization
    High contrast colors appearing when high contrast mode is off: High contrast colors keep appearing in file explorer and many other windows apps, but things like taskbar and edge don't have these colors. High contrast mode is off. Sometimes when I reboot it disappears, but not always. It's really annoying and it seems to only happen on my...
  5. Chrome goes black on windows 10 high contrast mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome goes black on windows 10 high contrast mode.: Hi, recently chrome has started to go black on windows 10 high contrast mode, it didn't do this before. I managed to fix this in Firefox with "Override the colors specified by the page with your selections above" but chrome doesn't seem to have an equivalent? Please help....
  6. Stuck in high contrast mode!

Stuck in high contrast mode!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5150-5150 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h16bam/stuck_in_high_contrast_mode/
  7. High Contrast Mode(Bug?)

High Contrast Mode(Bug?): I turned on high contrast mode a while back thinking it would work like dark mode on my phone, I quickly realized I didn't like it so I turned it off. Now all of my search bars and my folders still display in HCM. How do I fix this? I have restarted my computer (probably...
  8. High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?

High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?: Can I set Office programs to high contrast individually without setting my entire system to high contrast? I have an OLED display, so I'm looking for as much black as possible and high contrast is perfect. submitted by /u/normiewageslave [link] [comments]...
  9. EXCEL high contrast mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    EXCEL high contrast mode: I I turned on high contrast by mistake. FOund out onw to und this and it sor of worked. In my EXCEL worksheet it is still high contrast... and unuseable. RIght here I cannot see what I am typing as the font is white and I cannot change it. What can I do?...
  10. High Contrast Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    High Contrast Mode: I turned on high contrast mode. Now it won't change back to normal mode no matter what I do. I tried selecting None in the dialog box for high contrast mode and all the other modes. Nothing works. Help please! 9661