Windows 10: When I get a drpdown list to insert a character, I click on a charater but it does mot...

Discus and support When I get a drpdown list to insert a character, I click on a charater but it does mot... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I get a dropdown list to insert a character, I click on the character but it does not appear in the box provided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dougy123, Jun 20, 2019.

1. dougy123 Win User

When I get a drpdown list to insert a character, I click on a charater but it does mot...

When I get a dropdown list to insert a character, I click on the character but it does not appear in the box provided

:)

dougy123, Jun 20, 2019

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 20, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Jun 20, 2019
  4. JeanWall Win User

When I get a drpdown list to insert a character, I click on a charater but it does mot...

How do I use or find Help for using Character Map?

My question on Character Map has not been answered. I have followed every suggestion and I still cannot get the character to insert into the word. I click Select and Copy; I put the curser into the word, but the character will not insert. There must be
    a step between Copy and to insert that is missing for me.

Jean

JeanWall, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. When I get a drpdown list to insert a character, I click on a charater but it does mot... - Similar Threads - drpdown list insert

2. How does 7Zip bypass the charater limit for Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How does 7Zip bypass the charater limit for Microsoft?: When using 7Zip to unzip files that would otherwise be too long for OneDrive, does 7Zip automatically rename folders/files or alter the files somehow? Basically, I want to make sure I am not losing anything in the unzipping process if I use 7Zip....
  3. How does 7Zip bypass the charater limit for Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How does 7Zip bypass the charater limit for Microsoft?: When using 7Zip to unzip files that would otherwise be too long for OneDrive, does 7Zip automatically rename folders/files or alter the files somehow? Basically, I want to make sure I am not losing anything in the unzipping process if I use 7Zip....
  4. How does 7Zip bypass the charater limit for Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I get the Replacement character when I use an ALT-code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get the Replacement character when I use an ALT-code: Hello, When I want to use an ALT code, for example, ALT+144 for É I got . Why it is not working? I am using my PC in French so I should be able to use this character with ALT code.How to fix this issue and make my ALT code work?Thanks in advance,Siméon...
  6. I get the Replacement character when I use an ALT-code

I get the Replacement character when I use an ALT-code: Hello, When I want to use an ALT code, for example, ALT+144 for É I got . Why it is not working? I am using my PC in French so I should be able to use this character with ALT code.How to fix this issue and make my ALT code work?Thanks in advance,Siméon...
  7. i am unable to insert a variety of unicode characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to insert a variety of unicode characters: despite having num lock enabled, pressing "alt" "+" and then the code does nothingfor example, U+203D is one of the characters I have triedit seems that the functionality for pressing "+" whilst entering strings when holding "alt" is completely missingunrelated, but i'm...
  8. i am unable to insert a variety of unicode characters

i am unable to insert a variety of unicode characters: despite having num lock enabled, pressing "alt" "+" and then the code does nothingfor example, U+203D is one of the characters I have triedit seems that the functionality for pressing "+" whilst entering strings when holding "alt" is completely missingunrelated, but i'm...
  9. i am unable to insert a variety of unicode characters

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. All of the programs I have listed when I click on the "Start" button

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of the programs I have listed when I click on the "Start" button: I am just an amateur when it comes to using these computers. I recently purchase a new because Windows 7 is going away big mistake. Anyway I now have Windows 10 and I have a list of god knows how many of what I think they call APPS or something like that. Mt question is:...