Windows 10: When I get notifications while playing, the game minimize and shows me the desktop, how to...

Discus and support When I get notifications while playing, the game minimize and shows me the desktop, how to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I play on my new laptop and I get notification, the game minimize and shows me the desktop. And even when I'm in Chrome recording screen, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Just_another_user129, Nov 19, 2020.

1. When I get notifications while playing, the game minimize and shows me the desktop, how to...

Whenever I play on my new laptop and I get notification, the game minimize and shows me the desktop. And even when I'm in Chrome recording screen, when I get notifications it's stop recording (what means that the chrome minimized or another app opened). Any idea how to fix this annoying issue?

submitted by /u/Just_another_user129
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Just_another_user129, Nov 19, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Game Notifications

Hi Pat,

May we know what games are you setting the notifications to show on your desktop?

We suggest that you check the settings of the game if it is set to show notifications to your desktop. We may suggest that you check the software developer's website on how to set the notifications of the game to appear on your desktop.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 19, 2020
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Snowie Win User

When I get notifications while playing, the game minimize and shows me the desktop, how to...

Windows 10 Minimizing Games to Desktop

Hi! I've had my custom built desktop for a few months now. It has Windows 10 Pro installed as the OS. The issue I am having is that when I try to play games in fullscreen mode, they will periodically be minimized to the desktop. It appears they are still running in the background, as I can hear the game sound even when it is minimized. I can re-open the games as I could if I had just tabbed out, but within a few minutes they will minimize again. I have tried disabling background programs such as Skype, Curse Voice, Origin, Steam, Windows Firewall, and Bitdefender, but the games will still minimize. If I have the games in windowed fullscreen mode, they will not actually minimize, but from time to time the edges of the window will be visible (as if I had tabbed out) until I click into the game again.

Obviously playing games in windowed fullscreen is a sort of band-aid for the issue, but not all games have the option of windowed fullscreen, so I can't just wait for a fix to come up anymore. I have looked for solutions to this problem, but haven't found anything that helps.

On a possibly related side note, when using Open Broadcaster Software to record gameplay, OBS will record only a black screen in "game capture" mode. I have to use "monitor capture" mode to force it to always record everything that happens on my screen. This might be related to the games minimizing, or might be something completely different. I only added this in case it was relevant to the games minimizing.

Snowie, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

When I get notifications while playing, the game minimize and shows me the desktop, how to...

1. When I get notifications while playing, the game minimize and shows me the desktop, how to... - Similar Threads - notifications while playing

2. Screen shows desktop for a second while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen shows desktop for a second while playing games: Video of issue 05-09 segWindows 11 i7 9700K16gbI've tried dsm / sfc scan now, clean reinstalled gpu drivers and searched for a lot of possible solutions but still don't know how to fix it. Also windows is up to date.It happens pretty often and its really annoying....
  3. Screen shows desktop for a second while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen shows desktop for a second while playing games: Video of issue 05-09 segWindows 11 i7 9700K16gbI've tried dsm / sfc scan now, clean reinstalled gpu drivers and searched for a lot of possible solutions but still don't know how to fix it. Also windows is up to date.It happens pretty often and its really annoying....
  4. How do i get notifications to show when im playing a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i get notifications to show when im playing a game: when im using google or have no applications open i can get notifications fine but when i open a game and start playing it i dont get any notifications submitted by /u/Top-hat-tom [link] [comments]...
  5. How to get to desktop while in game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get to desktop while in game: i play a lot of games on my single monster and sometimes i need to get to my desktop while in a game, any and all help will be appreciated submitted by /u/Ollie42invader [link] [comments]...
  6. Stop notifications while playing games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop notifications while playing games: Hello, How to disable this notification. I searched in dutch and english and there is no switch nor checkbox to disable this in the windows 10 home. Some sites direct you to setting -> notifications etc. and it's a dead end. To be honoust I am getting more and more annoid...
  7. Notification sounds while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification sounds while playing game: While i am playing pubg and i am using my WASD keys to move around and such it is selecting different app shortcuts on my home screen freezing my game for a second and making a ding noise and is rather annoying sticky keys is not on and i have no idea how to fix it...
  8. Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.: Chrome recently changed their notification settings to windows action center. I now get notifications while fullscreen playing a game. Is there a way to change that where I still get notifications but doesn't interfere while I'm playing a game?...
  9. Games minimizing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing to desktop: This is just a heads up in case you're suddenly finding your games minimizing to the desktop within the last couple of days. Up till yesterday, all my games ran great. Today, much frustration as games would open for 2 seconds then minimize, no matter which game I opened....
  10. Games minimizing to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing to desktop: It just started today. I haven't done anything, updated, downloaded, nothing along those lines. I've checked my keyboards, used 3 different ones. All have the same result. I do the same thing I've always done not closing background applications or windows on other...