Windows 10: When i go to run as admin it will not give me and option to click Yes only NO will pop up...

Discus and support When i go to run as admin it will not give me and option to click Yes only NO will pop up... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i tried changing my cmd name because i misspelled a word and i deleted it after i created a new one and most of my stuff is gone after i deleted the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AaronASAP, May 29, 2019.

1. AaronASAP Win User

When i go to run as admin it will not give me and option to click Yes only NO will pop up...

i tried changing my cmd name because i misspelled a word and i deleted it after i created a new one and most of my stuff is gone after i deleted the account but i'm still signed into my Microsoft account and now i cant download anything without errors popping up and can no longer run as admin i tried giving me admin on the guest account and System error 5 pops up

:)

AaronASAP, May 29, 2019

2. OSK popping up when software Run As Admin

Hi,

We are sorry that the issue still persists.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists in the Built-in Administrator account
    (hidden administrator account). To enable the account, follow the steps below:

• Right Click on Start and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Accept the UAC prompt if required.
    • Type “net user administrator /active:yes” (without quotes).

Once you have enabled the account, you will see it listed in the user accounts control panel applet. Login to the account and check for status.

To disable the built-in Administrator account, follow the steps provided above and in step 3 type the command line provided below:

“net user administrator /active:yes” (without quotes).

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 29, 2019
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 29, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

When i go to run as admin it will not give me and option to click Yes only NO will pop up...

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. When i go to run as admin it will not give me and option to click Yes only NO will pop up... - Similar Threads - run admin option

2. I got a stop running this script pop up. Do I click 'Yes' or 'No'?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I got a stop running this script pop up. Do I click 'Yes' or 'No'?: I got a stop running this script message earlier today. I went into into IE options and selected the Disable script debugging option but the pop up is still there. My question is do I click 'Yes' or 'No' to the stop running this script error message? I am not able to x out of...
  3. I got a stop running this script pop up. Do I click 'Yes' or 'No'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a stop running this script pop up. Do I click 'Yes' or 'No'?: I got a stop running this script message earlier today. I went into into IE options and selected the Disable script debugging option but the pop up is still there. My question is do I click 'Yes' or 'No' to the stop running this script error message? I am not able to x out of...
  4. I got a stop running this script pop up. Do I click 'Yes' or 'No'?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is the "Run as admin" option not appearing when I right click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the "Run as admin" option not appearing when I right click?: For context, i was hopping back and forth between the new and previous version of Windows 11 This all started because when Windows 11 updates in the middle of me using it, certain apps just become unresponsive like Clip Studio Paint, then suddenly a lot of my files get...
  6. Why is the "Run as admin" option not appearing when I right click?

Why is the "Run as admin" option not appearing when I right click?: For context, i was hopping back and forth between the new and previous version of Windows 11 This all started because when Windows 11 updates in the middle of me using it, certain apps just become unresponsive like Clip Studio Paint, then suddenly a lot of my files get...
  7. I does not give me the sign in option when I click sign in on the microsoft store

I does not give me the sign in option when I click sign in on the microsoft store: i need help with signing into the microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-does-not-give-me-the-sign-in-option-when-i-click/d60561c2-e6e1-40ff-b65a-c90a211b9664
  8. everything seems to run as admin without me clicking "run as admin"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    everything seems to run as admin without me clicking "run as admin"?: a while back i had to give myself more permissions in order to bring files over from my old PC. i have no had any issues with this since, but have noticed some programs that point out to me that i am going to "run it as admin" even though i have no clicked the option to do so...
  9. when i click on onedrive it not give me sign in option plz fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when i click on onedrive it not give me sign in option plz fix it: I am not sign in to one drive plz fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-onedrive-it-not-give-me-sign-in/ecafa430-8ad9-4131-8766-129be5ea96b0"
  10. All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin"

All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin": I got this issue a few days ago, after my dad accidentally shared my entire hard drive. Now, whatever application I run, I have to right click it, and run as an admin, or I get an error or the application doesn't run at all. The thing is, I'm the only admin on my computer....