Windows 10: when I go to save a file only the same files types are visible in any folder?

Discus and support when I go to save a file only the same files types are visible in any folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I see all the files in a folder all of the time? I'm not talking about hidden files, but MIcrosoft hides every file type that doesn't match the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beeclarke, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Beeclarke Win User

when I go to save a file only the same files types are visible in any folder?

How do I see all the files in a folder all of the time? I'm not talking about hidden files, but MIcrosoft hides every file type that doesn't match the file type that you are saving.

:)

Beeclarke, Sep 11, 2019
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Sep 11, 2019
  4. when I go to save a file only the same files types are visible in any folder?

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

im trying to save a file to a folder located in program folder. but it says i do not have permision..... contact admin...... but i am the amdin of this computer! and it is the only account in this comp!

plzz help quick!!!!

nevermind.... got it.

HiddenStupid, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

when I go to save a file only the same files types are visible in any folder?

1. when I go to save a file only the same files types are visible in any folder? - Similar Threads - save file same

2. When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type: All images saved from Chrome are being saved with the file type "File" regardless of the original file type of the image i am saving.I have tried from different browsers and they are saved in the correct format.I've contacted Google support and they say this is a Windows...
  3. When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type: All images saved from Chrome are being saved with the file type "File" regardless of the original file type of the image i am saving.I have tried from different browsers and they are saved in the correct format.I've contacted Google support and they say this is a Windows...
  4. When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Name Overrides Chosen "Save as type" Extension When Saving Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Name Overrides Chosen "Save as type" Extension When Saving Files: A customer uses the Windows Snipping Tool often.He'll capture something and when he clicks on "Save As" he'll see the default file name:Capture.PNGHe then changes it to:Project 11.2022Even though the "Save as type" is .PNG, the file is saved as .2022 and obviously won't open...
  6. File Name Overrides Chosen "Save as type" Extension When Saving Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Name Overrides Chosen "Save as type" Extension When Saving Files: A customer uses the Windows Snipping Tool often.He'll capture something and when he clicks on "Save As" he'll see the default file name:Capture.PNGHe then changes it to:Project 11.2022Even though the "Save as type" is .PNG, the file is saved as .2022 and obviously won't open...
  7. When in Save As interface I cannot see any of my files/folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When in Save As interface I cannot see any of my files/folders.: When I am in the Save As interface on all programs I cannot see any of my files/folders. For example when saving a photo from google. Though when I look through File Explorer all my files are there? Is there any fix because its getting really annoying having to move a file to...
  8. save and save as file types

save and save as file types: I save/download very few websites/documents. I want them to appear in File Explorer in only one place such as quick access, this pc, libraries, pictures, etc. Any EXCEPT OneDrive. Where, how can I do this using Edge or IE browser? I do not save enough to bother with...
  9. Can't save a file with the same name as a folder in the same directory

Can't save a file with the same name as a folder in the same directory: So lets say I want to save my excel file to my documents folder. I want to name the file "data", but there is already a folder with the name data in the documents directory. When I type the word "data" into "File name:" and hit save, the file explorer opens up the data folder...
  10. Any way to rename the "File folder" type?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to rename the "File folder" type?: I want to organize files by type but have shortcuts and folders on top. I was able to rename the Shortcut file type to .shortcut with the help of the Types app, which puts it on top, but I'm unable to rename the "File folder" type. Any way to change this type too? Or any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. to save as any other file type you will complete the same steps and just choosethe file you need.