Windows 10: when I go to save a file only the same files types are visible in any folder?

Discus and support when I go to save a file only the same files types are visible in any folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I see all the files in a folder all of the time? I'm not talking about hidden files, but MIcrosoft hides every file type that doesn't match the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beeclarke, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Beeclarke Win User

when I go to save a file only the same files types are visible in any folder?

How do I see all the files in a folder all of the time? I'm not talking about hidden files, but MIcrosoft hides every file type that doesn't match the file type that you are saving.

:)

Beeclarke, Sep 11, 2019
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Sep 11, 2019
  4. when I go to save a file only the same files types are visible in any folder?

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

help! how to have permision to save file in folder?

im trying to save a file to a folder located in program folder. but it says i do not have permision..... contact admin...... but i am the amdin of this computer! and it is the only account in this comp!

plzz help quick!!!!

nevermind.... got it.

HiddenStupid, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

when I go to save a file only the same files types are visible in any folder?

1. when I go to save a file only the same files types are visible in any folder? - Similar Threads - save file same

2. Thumbnails not visible when viewing my picture files. Only and Icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not visible when viewing my picture files. Only and Icon: I only see an Icon when browsing my pictures. If the screen refreshes, I momentarily see the photo but then they all return to a blue mountain Icon. I checked in "options" and made sure that the box in "view" stating "always show icons, never thumbnails" was not checked....
  3. Administrator Access to Move Any File/Save Files

Administrator Access to Move Any File/Save Files: A few months ago I got a new laptop (HP Spectre x360) and immediately set up my own account through my Microsoft account so settings were synced. I quickly noticed that any time I wanted to move a file, the pop-up asking for administrator permission would appear. This quickly...
  4. Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file

Desktop folder slow "Working on it" when I save a file: Hello, I am trying to fix a problem that two users are experiencing. They are using different browsers and programs when they are trying to save/upload a document to/from the desktop folder and it takes quite a while to load what is in the folder and says "Working on it.."....
  5. One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network

One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network: I have three computers in the same workgroup, my main computer (Desktop), a barebones system (Server), and a laptop (Laptop). Desktop and Server are both are connected by ethernet to the same router, with Laptop connecting to it via WiFi. Server and Laptop both see each...
  6. Windows 19 - File explorer hangs when preview on only for Office file types

Windows 19 - File explorer hangs when preview on only for Office file types: New Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with Windows 10 - Explorer hangs when you click an office file (left or right mouse button) only when preview is on -and this is only on office files - pdf and others work fine - surely Microsoft can get info to resolve this - I see many people with...
  7. Edge will not save files in a folder

Edge will not save files in a folder: When I want to save a web site in a new folder, I click on the star and when I click on save in new folder, it creates a new folder but does not open up the folder to place the web site in the folder. I have about 10 folders called new folder. We should be able to click on...
  8. Unable to 'save' any files to folders, resetting read-only doesn't wor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to 'save' any files to folders, resetting read-only doesn't wor: since installing Windows 10, I can not save updates to word files or anything to a folder. I've read I should change the user settings that default to 'read-only' in the system folder. I've done this 3 times. The fix doesn't work. Help! 15985
  9. Strange 'file not found' type error when saving at times?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange 'file not found' type error when saving at times?: Hey Everyone! Hope you're having a great holiday season and are spending it in good health! Let me get straight to the point. As the title implies I get an issue when trying to save things. I get a strange issue where a text box will pop up telling me that [the file I'm...
  10. Is there ANY Way to Save a Tiny File to a Restricted Folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there ANY Way to Save a Tiny File to a Restricted Folder?: HELLO ! As you all know, there are some folders in Win10 in which MS disallows any edit (Example:: Normally, you Can't Save a file to folder "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps"). I have a ZERO-byte (Empty) file that I have (for Many Hours) been trying to figure out a way (with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. to save as any other file type you will complete the same steps and just choosethe file you need.