Windows 10: When I go to the SEARCH box, I suddenly see that every single word I type almost every word...

Discus and support When I go to the SEARCH box, I suddenly see that every single word I type almost every word... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This morning I discovered to my amazement that every time I type anything into the SEARCH box -- the words are automatically underlined in red. Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ivana Holmes, Jan 26, 2023.

1. When I go to the SEARCH box, I suddenly see that every single word I type almost every word...

This morning I discovered to my amazement that every time I type anything into the SEARCH box -- the words are automatically underlined in red. Not every single word but just about. I am NOT MISSPELLING ANY WORDS; it just started doing this today. I don't have a Word Program on my computer and do not TYPE any letters as I don't have a Word Processing Program. It is doing this in Search and also in Messenger in Facebook, including anything I type on my Page there!! Does anyone know how to MAKE THIS STOP??

:)

Ivana Holmes, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Am360 Win User

Suggestion on enhancement of typing Amharic words

To those who developed Amharic typing/keyboarding system. I have one comment/suggestion on it.

"Enter" or "Space" key is used frequently when Amharic words are typed. These keys help to select the right word from displayed options. To make Amharic typing fast and easy please enhance it to take the first choice when the user press any other key that
    is not listed as options. For example to type the word "ሚስጥር" here are the steps on the current Amharic typing system

1. pressing "m" and then "i" and then space/enter keys (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" and then space/enter keys (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." and then space/enter keys (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" and then space/enter keys (to type ር)

I suggest to have a possibility not to use space/enter keys to write the same word ("ሚስጥር"). That means when I press "m" and then "i", I have two available options "ሚ" and "ሜ". space/enter key is used to type "ሚ" and "e" is used to type "ሜ". If the user
    type any other keys (other than "e" or space/enter), it will not write anything on the screen because it is out of the available options. What I am suggesting here is that - when the user types any key which is not in the available options, let it take the
    first option.

if you apply the above suggestion here will be the steps to type the word "ሚስጥር"

1. pressing "m" and then "i" (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" (to type ር)

This will make typing Amharic words very easy and fast.

Am360, Jan 26, 2023
  3. [ Pete ] Win User
    How do you type a word like "Crossway" with word flow?

Word Flow will typically suggest common words, and will only list the first eleven commonest matching words in the suggestion bar. I find that it's almost impossible to live my life through Word Flow, but it picks up the vast majority of common words
    very satisfactorily.

[ Pete ], Jan 26, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

When I go to the SEARCH box, I suddenly see that every single word I type almost every word...

three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

When I go to the SEARCH box, I suddenly see that every single word I type almost every word...

1. When I go to the SEARCH box, I suddenly see that every single word I type almost every word... - Similar Threads - SEARCH box suddenly

2. Almost all words I type are shown as misspelled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Almost all words I type are shown as misspelled.: When filling in almost all information, almost all of the words are underlined in red to indicate that they are misspelled. For example, in the previous sentence, 15 words were underlined....
  3. Almost all words I type are shown as misspelled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Almost all words I type are shown as misspelled.: When filling in almost all information, almost all of the words are underlined in red to indicate that they are misspelled. For example, in the previous sentence, 15 words were underlined....
  4. When I go to the SEARCH box, I suddenly see that every single word I type almost every word...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I go to the SEARCH box, I suddenly see that every single word I type almost every word...: This morning I discovered to my amazement that every time I type anything into the SEARCH box -- the words are automatically underlined in red. Not every single word but just about. I am NOT MISSPELLING ANY WORDS; it just started doing this today. I don't have a Word Program...
  5. Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...: When I press START BUTTON and then SPACE, I see this picture.Please make it go away.Normally, I wouldnt care. But now, it flashes very briefly for EVERY Start Button search.Please help....
  6. Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...

Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...: When I press START BUTTON and then SPACE, I see this picture.Please make it go away.Normally, I wouldnt care. But now, it flashes very briefly for EVERY Start Button search.Please help....
  7. Suddenly I see a flash of web results in the START BUTTON every time I search - How to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. When typing in the text box, the words get smaller

When typing in the text box, the words get smaller: When trying to type in the text box over a picture, the first time it worked great. Then I tried to do it on the 4th picture, and the text got smaller when I'm using it on 72 size. No matter what font I use, it's still the same. When i tried making a new one with no picture,...
  9. Can't type more than one word in the search box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type more than one word in the search box: Hi all, Like the title said, after the lastest update I can't type more than one word in the search bar, Windows blocks there. And I can't undo the word also. It's getting annoying for me. Anyone knows how to fix it? Thanks! submitted by /u/PresqueSchierke [link]...
  10. UAC query every time I open Word

UAC query every time I open Word: I have Office 365 and Windows 10. Every time I open Word 2013 I get the UAC query. Is there any way to get this to stop? It doesn't happen with any other Office apps. 16068