Windows 10: When I have a window open with a long list of files or folders, I can only scroll down so...

Discus and support When I have a window open with a long list of files or folders, I can only scroll down so... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mister_Eleganza [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mister_Eleganza, Nov 22, 2019.

1. When I have a window open with a long list of files or folders, I can only scroll down so...

/u/Mister_Eleganza, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2019
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Nov 22, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

When I have a window open with a long list of files or folders, I can only scroll down so...

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

When I have a window open with a long list of files or folders, I can only scroll down so...

1. When I have a window open with a long list of files or folders, I can only scroll down so... - Similar Threads - window open long

2. Settings App crashes when i scroll down in "Add an optional feature" list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings App crashes when i scroll down in "Add an optional feature" list: So I was just checking out what the settings had to offer in Windows and came upon the optional features category, after clicking it and clicking the "view features" part on the right side, i had scrolled down and suddenly, the entire settings would crash.From what I've...
  3. Settings App crashes when i scroll down in "Add an optional feature" list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings App crashes when i scroll down in "Add an optional feature" list: So I was just checking out what the settings had to offer in Windows and came upon the optional features category, after clicking it and clicking the "view features" part on the right side, i had scrolled down and suddenly, the entire settings would crash.From what I've...
  4. Scrolling down long menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling down long menus: After one of the recent Windows updates, I find that I'm having a problem with a mission-critical app.I use a modular synth application called "VCV Rack" here in my studio. And this application, as you might imagine, has some rather long pulldown menus. However, somewhere in...
  5. Scrolling down long menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrolling down long menus: After one of the recent Windows updates, I find that I'm having a problem with a mission-critical app.I use a modular synth application called "VCV Rack" here in my studio. And this application, as you might imagine, has some rather long pulldown menus. However, somewhere in...
  6. Scrolling down long menus

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. files and folder scroll down when I tried to use from taskbar

files and folder scroll down when I tried to use from taskbar: Dear Support team,when I tried to use the files or folders or programs in taskbar and I move the mouse to use, the file going again to the taskbar,I tried all possible options, and different mouses, and the mouse options, but all was failed!Please I need support to resolve...
  8. Issues while scrolling in Folders with long list of Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while scrolling in Folders with long list of Files: This is one of the most annoying problems I've encountered with Windows 10. When looking at a long list of files using the File Explorer, no matter what I want to look at, it quickly jumps back to the top of the list. I know this is not a new problem my search shows a...
  9. Flat files from a long list of folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Flat files from a long list of folders: I downloaded my photos from google photos to use in a display frame. The frame expects a flat list of files with no directory structure. The archive I got from google has a zillion folders with a few files in each. How can I convert a directory full of folders into a flat...
  10. Password Manager list is so long

Password Manager list is so long: How do you sort entries in web credential manager? Mine is so long, it is nearly impossible to find a password when I look for it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/password-manager-list-is-so-long/3526f728-1d35-4e09-8388-24119e23dca1