Windows 10: When I have chrome open and open new page The browser shrinks

Discus and support When I have chrome open and open new page The browser shrinks in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I have chrome open and I try to open a new tab from either my password manager or a URL link chrome goes from a full-page to a half page and it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eaglepi, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Eaglepi Win User

When I have chrome open and open new page The browser shrinks

When I have chrome open and I try to open a new tab from either my password manager or a URL link chrome goes from a full-page to a half page and it does add the new page. I then have to maximize it again by double-clicking on the blue bar at the top. I'm not sure but I think this happens mostly when minimized but I just tested it not minimize than it did the same thing as anybody else had this problem?

:)

Eaglepi, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser

I use IE, Edge and Firefox, with IE as default browser. Edge/IE of course get Flash through Windows Update but periodically I have to install Flash for Firefox. I can confirm that the expected behaviour of the Flash installer is, on completion, to open your default browser at a page saying...
    This is just an advert, not a necessary step in the install, but it is labelled as 'Step 3 of 3'. Steps 1 and 2 were seen in Firefox, the browser I started the install from, as the first two steps in installing/updating Flash. The install requires the browser to be restarted to be complete, so it opens the 'Step 3' page itself in the default browser. It has always amused me that it opens IE and not the Firefox I was installing it for.

I don't have Chrome, so can't test the behaviour described, but I have never seen anything other than my default browser open. I've just tested reinstalling Flash in Firefox, only IE opened on completion.

Bree, Apr 5, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Chrome won't open any page [Solved]

I started my laptop and found out that chrome did not load any page for some reason, not even settings pages.
    I've tried re-installing chrome, and disabling comodo firewall, it does not help.
    Anyone having suggestions how to fix this?

P4-630, Apr 5, 2019
  4. When I have chrome open and open new page The browser shrinks

Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

I have my FF customized exactly how i want it. iGoogle is my homepage i see some news headlines, my to-do list, weather and calender as soon as i open the browser. If Chrome has the same sort of customization then i may give it a go.

WhiteLotus, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

When I have chrome open and open new page The browser shrinks

1. When I have chrome open and open new page The browser shrinks - Similar Threads - chrome open open

2. Notifications don't open on Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications don't open on Chrome browser: My notifications for instagram won't load/open in a new tab like it should. Now whenever I click on those notifications they just disappear...nothing happens. This only happens for instagram btw while the rest of my notifications from other platforms like youtube, gmail,...
  3. browser opening new tab when trying to open links

in Browsers and Email
    browser opening new tab when trying to open links: Hi, Not sure if this is the right thread, but here goes. My issue is this: whenever I click on a web site shortcut, whether in my task bar or on my desktop, my browser opens a new tab with my browser home page, rather than going directly to the web site I'm after. This...
  4. News and Interests pages open in Edge, but Chrome is default browser

in Windows 10 Support
    News and Interests pages open in Edge, but Chrome is default browser: Is there anyway to make the news pages in the news and interests panel on the taskbar open in my default browser (chrome) instead of edge? I'm running windows 10 home 20H2 64-bit. Thanks :) 181182
  5. Can't open chrome browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't open chrome browser: Just got a new laptop and tried to download and install Google Chrome browser using Microsoft 10 home operating system. For some reason, when I click on the icon, it seems like I can't open the browser. I have tried all the suggestions on the internet but still unable to get...
  6. When I have browser (Edge) on one virtual desktop and open link on another - it opens new...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I have browser (Edge) on one virtual desktop and open link on another - it opens new...: I have dedicated virtual desktop for all my messaging - slack, telegram, email, etc. And I have main desktop for work - browser and IDE. Of course I get many links in messages, so in few hours I have dozens of tabs opened on two desktops in two browsers and it's confusing,...
  7. Why does Chrome open a new icon on the taskbar when I open it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Chrome open a new icon on the taskbar when I open it?: On my work machine which runs windows 10 anything I open that is pinned to the taskbar just opens from the taskbar, so if I minimize it there aren't two different icons for that program on the taskbar, just the one with a grey line under it. However on my personal laptop,...
  8. Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome keeps opening new tabs when I am on certain web pages: Today morning I noticed than when I open Yahoo email or Facebook web pages, Chrome keeps opening new tabs. As a result, I cannot read or write an email. Other web pages seem OK for now. I scanned my laptop (windows 10) by defender and superantispyware and found nothing. Is it...
  9. When I open up second window in chrome the whole window shrinks

in Browsers and Email
    When I open up second window in chrome the whole window shrinks: When I have Chrome open fullscreen and then click on the link to open another page the whole full-page shrinks down to About one third the size of the full maximize Google screen with both tabs in the same small window. This just started happening yesterday. Would appreciate...
  10. Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Files Disappear When I Open Chrome, Chrome Disappears When I Open: Hi, I just updated to W10. If I open several files/documents I get the icon in the taskbar (the bar at the bottom of the page), hover over it and see the documents that are open. I then open Chrome and the Chrome icon appears in the taskbar and the documents open icon...