Windows 10: When i have microphone input, there is no output using headphones. What can i do?

Discus and support When i have microphone input, there is no output using headphones. What can i do? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using headphones SkullCandy Riff Wireless. When i am on Discord and i am connected to a voice channel, i only hear a buzzing noise. Not what my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sad-panda, Feb 1, 2021.

1. sad-panda Win User

When i have microphone input, there is no output using headphones. What can i do?

I am using headphones SkullCandy Riff Wireless.
    When i am on Discord and i am connected to a voice channel, i only hear a buzzing noise. Not what my friends say. They hear everything i say.

In the right lower part of my desktop, i have the microphone icon and when i put my mouse on it, it sais "Discord is using your microphone"

I have tried being on a call on another application Facebook messenger, but there it works fine.

What is strange is that if i go to Sound Control Panel, on the tab "recording", the exact same problem is occuring. I can't hear anything else but a buzzing noise, and on the microphone icon in the corner it sais "Sound is using your microphone"

So, from this, i figured the problem may be from the Windows settings, and not from discord. Or maybe from the headphones themselves.

Does anyone have any idea what can i do to solve this issue?

PS: i have another pair of headphones, of the exact same model as these ones, and they work perfectly fine.

:)

sad-panda, Feb 1, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input

If you don't have a setup like this:

When i have microphone input, there is no output using headphones. What can i do? [​IMG]

you may need extension cables or a usb adapter.

Edwin, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Microphone records input and output

I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks.

When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other sounds picked up by the microphone.

When I start another track the input records both the microphone and the playback audio, including all previously recorded tracks and the metronome.

Listen to device has been deselected. There is no environmental effects tab for the microphone. All other inputs and outputs have been disabled. I have customized and reset to defaults from both the Windows settings/sounds panels and the DAW. The inputs
    work, and the outputs work, I just want the input to ONLY record the microphone, not all other playback/output signals.

nigel666911314, Feb 1, 2021
  4. mnsdfhrug Win User

When i have microphone input, there is no output using headphones. What can i do?

HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input

It appears to be a headset icon. So it could work but I need an adatper. What about the ports on the back? Can headphone be plugged into audio "line out" (port 6) and microphone into port 7 (refer to image above)

mnsdfhrug, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

1. When i have microphone input, there is no output using headphones. What can i do? - Similar Threads - microphone input output

2. I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I...: I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I only have a headset. How do I connect the headset to both the headphones and the built-in microphone?...
  3. I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I...: I have a laptop that has a output and a input hole for a headphone and a microphone but I only have a headset. How do I connect the headset to both the headphones and the built-in microphone?...
  4. Microphone input to speaker output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone input to speaker output: Hi,I have a Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset with the USB External sound card. I also have two subwoofer speakers with the green audio wire. I am able to switch between the two without any issues, connecting to the sound card and the audio port on the system.However when I...
  5. Microphone input to speaker output

Microphone input to speaker output: Hi,I have a Logitech Pro X Gaming Headset with the USB External sound card. I also have two subwoofer speakers with the green audio wire. I am able to switch between the two without any issues, connecting to the sound card and the audio port on the system.However when I...
  6. Headphone input and output are not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone input and output are not working?: Plugging my headphones in to my pc no longer works and I am unsure on what to do. I am plugging them in, and selecting the Headphones and Mic In option when the pop-up on the bottom right shows, but the headphones are not working. When I go to the sound settings all it says...
  7. Headphone input and output are not working?

Headphone input and output are not working?: Plugging my headphones in to my pc no longer works and I am unsure on what to do. I am plugging them in, and selecting the Headphones and Mic In option when the pop-up on the bottom right shows, but the headphones are not working. When I go to the sound settings all it says...
  8. 2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 outputs when a headphone with a microphone is detected: I've noticed for a while whenever a pair of Bluetooth headphones are connected to my Dell XPS, 2 outputs show up. There is a "Headphone {headphone name} Stereo" and "Headset {headphone name} Hands-free AG Audio". The default is the Headphone output, but to use the microphone,...
  9. Headphones can't have input and output

Headphones can't have input and output: Hi. I have these headphones https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/quietcomfort-35-wireless-ii.html#v=qc35_ii_black or an older model, but essentially those ones. It connects via Bluetooth to the computer just fine, and I can set my output to it so...
  10. Microphone records input and output

Microphone records input and output: I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks. When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other...