Windows 10: When I hit enter while on a website, it opens a new tab to another

Discus and support When I hit enter while on a website, it opens a new tab to another in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This started around Christmas. It opens to a site to get my credit report or to buy something. I don't trust them and want to stop it if I can. Thank... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CarolA, Feb 7, 2019.

1. CarolA Win User

When I hit enter while on a website, it opens a new tab to another

This started around Christmas. It opens to a site to get my credit report or to buy something. I don't trust them and want to stop it if I can. Thank you in advance.I'm using Google

:)

CarolA, Feb 7, 2019

2. Open new tab / window in S60 browsers. 2 techniques

On my 5800 UK v5.0.005

1) Open web browser... brings up list of book marks

2) Options -> Go to -> New web page

3) enter www.newtab.co.uk, then press Go to

4) Press arrow icon in bottom-right

5) Options -> Subscribe to web feed

6) Select "New Tab"

That's the set up.. Now to use it

1) Open google.com

2) Select Options -> Go to -> Web feeds

3) Select "New tab" from the feeds list

4) Select "Open new tab" from list

5) Select "Open new tab" from top of web page

Now there are two windows

Try deleting the feed from your phone, then following those steps.. let me know how you get on

cpitchford, Feb 7, 2019
  3. "Open link in new tab" opens a new tab but also replaces the page I was on

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Internet Explorer. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• When you say that "Whenever I click open link in new tab", are you referring of opening link in the new tab or clicking on link in a particular page to open in new tab?
    • When you say that "the link opens in a new tab but also in the page I'm on", is the link opens in the new tab near to the open websites?

I suggest you to send the screenshot of the issue in the next post.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 7, 2019
  4. When I hit enter while on a website, it opens a new tab to another

How do I open aa BLANK New Tab, without thumbnails of websites visited With Win 10 - IE11

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to follow the below steps:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type "inetcpl.cpl" and press Enter key.
    • Click on "Tabs".
    • Now select "A blank page" under "When a new tab is opened, open"

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

When I hit enter while on a website, it opens a new tab to another

1. When I hit enter while on a website, it opens a new tab to another - Similar Threads - hit enter while

2. When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...: When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit backspace key it types \\++ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-hitting-enter-it-types-56-565-similarly/10195f22-d857-4975-8ea5-a4c15d2af847
  3. When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...: When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit backspace key it types \\++ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-hitting-enter-it-types-56-565-similarly/10195f22-d857-4975-8ea5-a4c15d2af847
  4. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  5. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  6. Sleep mode when I hit Enter

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode when I hit Enter: Every time I use the ENTER key my laptop goes to sleep. Today is the first time it has happened, and rebooting hasn't resolved it. I haven't installed anything new, don't use this laptop often. How do I make this stop happening?...
  7. Sleep mode when I hit Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode when I hit Enter: Every time I use the ENTER key my laptop goes to sleep. Today is the first time it has happened, and rebooting hasn't resolved it. I haven't installed anything new, don't use this laptop often. How do I make this stop happening?...
  8. Sleep mode when I hit Enter

9. Opening a website directly in a new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening a website directly in a new tab: Hi When I open a new tab in Microsoft Edge 87.0.x for Windows 10 20H2, how do I open a website directly? Thanks Bye 171423
  10. When I hit enter while on a website, it opens a new tab to another

in Windows 10 Support
    When I hit enter while on a website, it opens a new tab to another: This started around Christmas. It opens to a site to get my credit report or to buy something. I don't trust them and want to stop it if I can. Thank you in advance. 126799

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome tabs open when hitting enter

2. HITTING ENTER OPENS NEW TAB

3. when i press enter it opens a new tab

4. i hit enter and it opens another webpage,
  5. hit enter in chrome opens in new tab,
  6. iwebsite opens new tab,
  7. enter opens new tab,
  8. new ab opens when I hit enter,
  9. hitting enter opens webpage,
  10. when i hit enter a new window opens