Windows 10: When I hit PRINT, the PRINT TO FILE box comes up even though it is not selected, and I...

Discus and support When I hit PRINT, the PRINT TO FILE box comes up even though it is not selected, and I... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since about a week ago, right after an update to MY OFFICE, I am not able to print. Nothing is wrong with my printer. I hit PRINT, and the PRINT TO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StanthemanSOX, Mar 1, 2020.

1. When I hit PRINT, the PRINT TO FILE box comes up even though it is not selected, and I...

Since about a week ago, right after an update to MY OFFICE, I am not able to print. Nothing is wrong with my printer. I hit PRINT, and the PRINT TO FILE box opens up even though I have not selected it, and I cannot print anything. HELP!

:)

StanthemanSOX, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User

Print to file active even when not selected Brother HL-2270DW

I have a Brother HL-2270DW. The Print to file box is not selected, yet every time I print I get the Print to File save window.

I've tried selecting Print to file, printing, then un-selecting and printing, no help.

Tried printing to another Brother printer which does not have the problem then printing to the laser, still same problem.

I'll have uninstall and reinstall the drive next but I hate doing that as I have the same printer setup as two devices, one for Duplex, one not and I always have to figure out how I did it last time. When I get it working this time I'll write it down so the next time will be easier.

I'll wait a bit in case anyone has a suggestion. This was working fine night before last. I'm suspecting an update as the cause. Maybe I'll check and roll back if one was applied recently.

Ztruker, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Rick2021 Win User
    Color printing

I would suggest the following steps:

In Word, click on "File" - "Options".

Click on "Display" - Select the box which says "Print background colors and images".

Click Ok to save the settings and then try to print.

Rick2021, Mar 1, 2020
  4. BulldogXX Win User

When I hit PRINT, the PRINT TO FILE box comes up even though it is not selected, and I...

selection printing

Examples:

Microsoft Word

Highlight the text you want to print

Press CTRL+P

In the Print dialog, find the print selection dropdown box

From the dropdown, choose "Just what you selected."

Microsoft Excel

Highlight the cells you want to print

Go to File > Print

Find the print selection dropdown box

From the dropdown, choose "Print selection."

Google Chrome - many ways to do this; here's one:

Select the text you want to print.

Press CTRL+C

Open Microsoft Word to a blank page.

In the Home ribbon and the Clipboard group, find the Paste dropdown icon.

From the dropdown list, choose how you would like the copied text to look (formatted, not formatted, etc.)

P.S. Everyone should be concerned about wasting paper and ink. That's why it's best to save in PDF format rather than printing on paper. Most third-party PDF readers install a printer driver that lets you 'print' to PDF just as you would otherwise
    print to paper. You can also save to OneNote.

BulldogXX, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

When I hit PRINT, the PRINT TO FILE box comes up even though it is not selected, and I...

1. When I hit PRINT, the PRINT TO FILE box comes up even though it is not selected, and I... - Similar Threads - hit PRINT PRINT

2. i can not print to printer even though booth are i same wieless net work, but when i print...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can not print to printer even though booth are i same wieless net work, but when i print...: i can not print to printer even though booth are i same wieless net work, but when i print from Moble it printlap top and printer are not comunicating, even when i try to scan document to the computer, it does not send to the computer....
  3. i can not print to printer even though booth are i same wieless net work, but when i print...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can not print to printer even though booth are i same wieless net work, but when i print...: i can not print to printer even though booth are i same wieless net work, but when i print from Moble it printlap top and printer are not comunicating, even when i try to scan document to the computer, it does not send to the computer....
  4. When I want to print a document, the”same as” comes up instead of print. Also have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I want to print a document, the”same as” comes up instead of print. Also have...: When I want to print the save as prompt comes up and ask me to save again. Also maybe related problem is file extensions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-want-to-print-a-document-thesame-as-comes/4d38df55-e74f-4616-9bbb-adcf912bb8fb
  5. The command to print selection box.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The command to print selection box.: The print command box where it gives print options such as printer selection, Photo/landscape , paper size etc. used to show picture size such as 4x6, 5x7 etc.. It no longer does. can anyone help?...
  6. when selecting 'print' it goes to 'Print to File' not the printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when selecting 'print' it goes to 'Print to File' not the printer: I had a major Windows 10 crash unknown cause, assume automatic update Managed to get to function properly after booting safe mode. Can't find where to change the setting from 'Print to file' to print to my printer driver and settings OK. Thanks for any suggestions. Natalie...
  7. When I print it is coming out blured and double print on top of the print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I print it is coming out blured and double print on top of the print: I am having probems with my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-print-it-is-coming-out-blured-and-double/ba0e395d-3e7d-4690-a042-33c4ba99a083
  8. When I hit PRINT, the PRINT FILE TO box comes up even though it is not selected, and I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I hit PRINT, the PRINT FILE TO box comes up even though it is not selected, and I...: Since about a week ago, right after an update to MY OFFICE, I am not able to print. Nothing is wrong with my printer. I hit PRINT, and the PRINT TO FILE box opens up even though I have not selected it, and I cannot print anything. HELP!...
  9. Print to file active even when not selected Brother HL-2270DW

in Windows 10 Support
    Print to file active even when not selected Brother HL-2270DW: I have a Brother HL-2270DW. The Print to file box is not selected, yet every time I print I get the Print to File save window. I've tried selecting Print to file, printing, then un-selecting and printing, no help. Tried printing to another Brother printer which does not...
  10. WHEN I HIT PRINT IT GOES TO SEND A FAX

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHEN I HIT PRINT IT GOES TO SEND A FAX: WHEN I HIT PRINT IT GOES TO SENS A FAX https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-hit-print-it-goes-to-send-a-fax/bc35aa93-b67d-4a3a-8118-a1e974c295c9