Windows 10: When I hit reset to black screen

Discus and support When I hit reset to black screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11, latest public release. When I reset my PC through the start menu, it goes to a black screen and never turns off. I have to manually turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Travis1620, Aug 13, 2022.

1. When I hit reset to black screen

Windows 11, latest public release. When I reset my PC through the start menu, it goes to a black screen and never turns off. I have to manually turn off and back on again. Never had any error messages, and works great other than the reset to black screen and having to manually turn off and back on again to get it to come on. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

:)

Travis1620, Aug 13, 2022

2. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

When I hit reset to black screen

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

When I hit reset to black screen

1. When I hit reset to black screen - Similar Threads - hit reset black

2. I done a full reset and screen is black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I done a full reset and screen is black: I done a full reset and my screen went black straight away. The tower is still running but everything else is off, including keyboard and mouse. Is this Normal?...
  3. When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...: When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit backspace key it types \\++ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-hitting-enter-it-types-56-565-similarly/10195f22-d857-4975-8ea5-a4c15d2af847
  4. When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...

When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit When i am hitting enter it...: When i am hitting enter it types 56, 565 similarly when i hit backspace key it types \\++ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-hitting-enter-it-types-56-565-similarly/10195f22-d857-4975-8ea5-a4c15d2af847
  5. Black Screen And Loud PC Fans When hitting the table.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen And Loud PC Fans When hitting the table.: I've used my PC for over a year now, I've had this problem before and I got it fixed by a computer repair technician. But It's happening again.I was in a middle of an competitive game and lost my temper and I smashed the table top. After I did, my screen would go black and my...
  6. Black Screen And Loud PC Fans When hitting the table.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen And Loud PC Fans When hitting the table.: I've used my PC for over a year now, I've had this problem before and I got it fixed by a computer repair technician. But It's happening again.I was in a middle of an competitive game and lost my temper and I smashed the table top. After I did, my screen would go black and my...
  7. Black Screen And Loud PC Fans When hitting the table.

8. When I hit reset to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I hit reset to black screen: Windows 11, latest public release. When I reset my PC through the start menu, it goes to a black screen and never turns off. I have to manually turn off and back on again. Never had any error messages, and works great other than the reset to black screen and having to...
  9. Black screen when resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen when resetting windows 10: I am trying to reset windows 10 with Keep my files option. After confirming the reset the system reboots once and only a black screen is showing. No keys are working. Please help. Unable to understand what to do....
  10. When I hit Backspace my screen zooms?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I hit Backspace my screen zooms?!: I don't know what happened, but now whenever I hit backspace my screen zooms in. Any helpful input on how to change it. Talk about annoying! Thanks!...