Windows 10: When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key

Discus and support When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having an issue for a couple of months where when I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key whilst holding shift at the same time. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jacob7666, May 15, 2022.

1. Jacob7666 Win User

When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key

Hi, I've been having an issue for a couple of months where when I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key whilst holding shift at the same time. This is very annoying when I'm typing things and searching up stuff. Please help me out here.

:)

Jacob7666, May 15, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Any suggestion how to remap keyboard [Enter] > [Shift-Enter]?

I've used SharpKeys successfully to remap keys.
    - I remapped Delete key to the Insert key when the former was defective
    - On another computer, I remapped t to ` [again because a key was not working correctly]
    You would remap Shift-Enter to Enter

When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key [​IMG]

You can select keys from the list or, as illustrated here, you can select Type key and press the key / key combination you want.

But you do realise that you'll lose the ability to press Enter?
    - You don't say why you want to do this so I can only guess that the 'normal' Enter function would sometimes be needed.
    - You could also remap Enter to Shift-Enter so you would still have the function available for use.

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. Try3 Win User
    Taskbar acts as if Shift key is pressed when it's not?

1 I agree that this is a problem. That context menu should only appear if shift-right-click is pressed.

2 I assume you do not have any utilities like Classic shell running that affect the user interface?

3 I suggest going to your computer maker, getting a new copy of the graphics driver & installing it.

4 Does this problem affect others users? If you don't know then create one and test it.

5 Do you have an alternative mouse/touchpad that you can try?

6 Are there any warning triangles in Device manager or any group calledOther devices?

When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key [​IMG]

Denis

4. When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key

shift key acting like it's stuck, ctrl and num keys don't work

Hi janieneh,

There's a possibility that the keyboard issue that you're experiencing may be due to having an outdated driver or could be a software conflict. However, there's also a chance that sticky keys may have been enabled on your laptop. Before we try to troubleshoot
    the software side, please try the following workarounds and see if one on the list addresses the problem:

• Turning off Sticky Keys.
      • If this feature is turned on, then have it turned off. Just navigate to
        Settings > Ease of access > Keyboard > Sticky Keys
        , then toggle it
        Off
    • Holding down both Shift keys.
      • Press and hold down both Shift keys at the same time for 4 to 5 seconds.
    • Perform full shutdown
      • To perform a full shutdown, click the Windows key > Power Icon > Shutdown. Once computer is off, press the power button to boot it up.
    Please let me know if the issue persists after performing the steps above by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 15, 2022
Thema:

When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key

1. When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key - Similar Threads - hit shift acts

2. Enter key behaves like shift+enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter key behaves like shift+enter: When doing anything, like typing in Word or typing into the Google search bar, my Enter key doesn't do what it normally would do, like creating a new paragraph in Word or searching in Google. Instead, it acts like shift+enter. This also happens with the on-screen keyboard....
  3. Enter key behaves like shift+enter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter key behaves like shift+enter: When doing anything, like typing in Word or typing into the Google search bar, my Enter key doesn't do what it normally would do, like creating a new paragraph in Word or searching in Google. Instead, it acts like shift+enter. This also happens with the on-screen keyboard....
  4. When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key

When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key: Hello, I'm having this error with my keyboard wherein I'd I press shift+m it will work as enter, it is really annoying when I'm doing my research since when I want to make a capital M it will enter instead. What to do?...
  5. When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key: Hello, I'm having this error with my keyboard wherein I'd I press shift+m it will work as enter, it is really annoying when I'm doing my research since when I want to make a capital M it will enter instead. What to do?...
  6. When I hit shift + m it will work as enter key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key

When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key: Hi, I've been having an issue for a couple of months where when I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key whilst holding shift at the same time. This is very annoying when I'm typing things and searching up stuff. Please help me out here....
  8. When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key: Hi, I've been having an issue for a couple of months where when I hit shift + m it acts like the enter key whilst holding shift at the same time. This is very annoying when I'm typing things and searching up stuff. Please help me out here....
  9. wINDOwS IS aCTInG LIKE THE SHIFt KEy IS StUCK But ITs NOt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wINDOwS IS aCTInG LIKE THE SHIFt KEy IS StUCK But ITs NOt: I DOnT HAVe REdDiT ON mY PHONE BUT IM noT SURe HOW TO FiX THIS AT All ALL ACCESSIBILitY SeTTINGS ARE OFF AND tHE ONLY wAY ThiS PROBLEM GeTS fIxEd iS IF I ShUt DoWN My COMPUTeR AND START It BACK UP bUT SOMeHOw IT aLWAyS COMES BACk PLEASE HeLP submitted by /u/braysu...
  10. My enter key is acting like a left click.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My enter key is acting like a left click.: Anytime I press the enter key, not the one on the number pad, it acts like a left click and brings up the paste/copy window and I cant find out how to fix it. any help would be appreciated, thanks....