Windows 10: When i hold a button my pc freezes!

Discus and support When i hold a button my pc freezes! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am able to fix this problem. But i dont wanna restart my pc everytime i face with this. - Everything is up to date (windows 10, drivers etc) - I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TeymurQasımov, Oct 17, 2018.

1. When i hold a button my pc freezes!

I am able to fix this problem. But i dont wanna restart my pc everytime i face with this.
    - Everything is up to date (windows 10, drivers etc)
    - I tried doing factory reset but it didnt help.
    - It happens when i hold a button for 2 or 3 seconds. I couldn't find anything about this problem. All of the other sources are too
    old like 2010 or older. So they didnt help.
    - It doesn't matter which game im playing, it also happens when i just hold a button on desktop screen.

:)

TeymurQasımov, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

The power button on a PC is temporary push switch. It makes contact as long as you hold the button down. Quick press and release triggers a smart relay on the MB to turn on or off, depending on default or OS state, such as cold on, sleep on, turn off, sleep off, etc. Holding the button down for a long time is a default hardware power kill switch. If it's not working, suspect the MB. Reset the BIOS is a good suggestion, but prolly won't work.

Sasqui, Oct 17, 2018
  3. stevenboh Win User
    Pc randomly freezing, have to hold PWR restart

Hi,

My pc is starting to randomly freeze, I am unable to move mouse, CTRK + ALT + DEL or anything

I have to hold the power button down and restart the PC

Can anyone please help me figure out what is going on, I assume it may be a driver or something

Thank you, Steven

stevenboh, Oct 17, 2018
  4. vinsterX Win User

When i hold a button my pc freezes!

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

When i hold a button my pc freezes!

1. When i hold a button my pc freezes! - Similar Threads - hold button freezes

2. PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off: Hello,My computer has had this issue for the longest time, but is becoming more and more frequent. Whenever I load into a game call of duty, Assassins Creed, etc. after 5-10 minutes of playing, my entire pc becomes completely frozen and I have to hold the power button for it...
  3. PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off: Hello,My computer has had this issue for the longest time, but is becoming more and more frequent. Whenever I load into a game call of duty, Assassins Creed, etc. after 5-10 minutes of playing, my entire pc becomes completely frozen and I have to hold the power button for it...
  4. My PC keeps completely freezing and i am unable to do anything but hold the power button...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps completely freezing and i am unable to do anything but hold the power button...: Hello,I have been having this issue for a bit now and I cannot seem to figure out what the issue is. I have a custom built gaming PC and for a few months now it has been completely locking up. It will just randomly freeze without warning it most happens when i am gaming but...
  5. My PC keeps completely freezing and i am unable to do anything but hold the power button...

My PC keeps completely freezing and i am unable to do anything but hold the power button...: Hello,I have been having this issue for a bit now and I cannot seem to figure out what the issue is. I have a custom built gaming PC and for a few months now it has been completely locking up. It will just randomly freeze without warning it most happens when i am gaming but...
  6. PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button: It started one day after i was done playing minecraft and my pc just froze and flashed colors at my face and i had to hold down the power button.Yes i've done SFC /scannow what ever it wasand dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but both said "theres no corrupted files...
  7. PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button: It started one day after i was done playing minecraft and my pc just froze and flashed colors at my face and i had to hold down the power button.Yes i've done SFC /scannow what ever it wasand dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but both said "theres no corrupted files...
  8. PC freezes and flashes colors and forced to hold down the power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button: Hello, I was getting ready to sleep for the night and I told my little brother to hold down the power button on my hp all in one computer to turn it off and I saw that it wasn’t turning off and got confused and we were brought with a bsod that had an error code of...
  10. NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE When holding down power button: Hello, I was getting ready to sleep for the night and I told my little brother to hold down the power button on my hp all in one computer to turn it off and I saw that it wasn’t turning off and got confused and we were brought with a bsod that had an error code of...