Windows 10: When I hold any letter on the keyboard + spacebar diacritics appear! How can I disable them?

Discus and support When I hold any letter on the keyboard + spacebar diacritics appear! How can I disable them? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I hold any letter on the keyboard + spacebar diacritics appear! So when I am in a game I can not move forward "w" key and jump "space" in the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andrei Popovici1, Mar 27, 2023.

1. When I hold any letter on the keyboard + spacebar diacritics appear! How can I disable them?

When I hold any letter on the keyboard + spacebar diacritics appear! So when I am in a game I can not move forward "w" key and jump "space" in the same time because diacritics appear! How can I disable them?

:)

Andrei Popovici1, Mar 27, 2023

2. Disable Win+Spacebar Keyboard language switch?

How can I disable win + spacebar switch keyboard language.

NOT all shortcuts, NOT win + spacebar shortcut as it is (im using it for power tools search).

JUST disable it from switching my keyboard language.

PawelGlücklich, Mar 27, 2023
  3. How to type these diacritics in Arabic keyboard?

Hi Monica,

I am developing an uwp app, in which the user should be able to type the those characters in the textbox shown in my app. For example, user will press letter l to type arabic letter م. Similarly user will type l then Q to type arabic letter م with diacritic
    fathha like this: مَ (Meem with Fathha). All things are well okay.

But I am unable to find the Long Alif & Madda diacritics. Where can I find those in windows keyboards?

NB: It is not programming oriented question. It is about, what keys user should press to get those diacritics, in any textbox or in search box of google in a browser, to name some scenarios.

MGBhadurudeen, Mar 27, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

When I hold any letter on the keyboard + spacebar diacritics appear! How can I disable them?

ENG INTL keyboard appeared! How to get rid of it?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which is your default keyboard language?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Press and hold the Windows logo key and then press the Spacebar repeatedly, you will be able to switch between the languages.

And also check how many languages installed in your system.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

When I hold any letter on the keyboard + spacebar diacritics appear! How can I disable them?

1. When I hold any letter on the keyboard + spacebar diacritics appear! How can I disable them? - Similar Threads - hold letter keyboard

2. How to resolve disappearing spanish diacritic letters when i change font type.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve disappearing spanish diacritic letters when i change font type.: Hi all. Pls this is really urgent. I have a spanish document in New Times Roman but whenever i apply a different font type, the diacritic letter suddenly disappears. So, the space for the letter just becomes white like i used a bar space. How do i correct this or make sure...
  3. How to disable "<letter> + spacebar" that changes a letter's accent in Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable "<letter> + spacebar" that changes a letter's accent in Win 11?: So, apparently there's something I hate in Win 11. And that's when you pressed one button and holding it for some time and press spacebar makes you change the letter style or accent? idk. Say for example I'm pressing "W" for gaming which is moving forward and want to jump by...
  4. How to disable "<letter> + spacebar" that changes a letter's accent in Win 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable "<letter> + spacebar" that changes a letter's accent in Win 11?: So, apparently there's something I hate in Win 11. And that's when you pressed one button and holding it for some time and press spacebar makes you change the letter style or accent? idk. Say for example I'm pressing "W" for gaming which is moving forward and want to jump by...
  5. When I hold any letter on the keyboard + spacebar diacritics appear! How can I disable them?

When I hold any letter on the keyboard + spacebar diacritics appear! How can I disable them?: When I hold any letter on the keyboard + spacebar diacritics appear! So when I am in a game I can not move forward "w" key and jump "space" in the same time because diacritics appear! How can I disable them?...
  6. When i hold any alphabet key and spacebar together it shows multiple letters. How do i stop it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i hold any alphabet key and spacebar together it shows multiple letters. How do i stop it: i never had this issue before, how do I resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-hold-any-alphabet-key-and-spacebar-together/d38c55b0-5e47-434f-8f1d-b9b334dd14c3
  7. When i hold any alphabet key and spacebar together it shows multiple letters. How do i stop it

When i hold any alphabet key and spacebar together it shows multiple letters. How do i stop it: i never had this issue before, how do I resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-hold-any-alphabet-key-and-spacebar-together/d38c55b0-5e47-434f-8f1d-b9b334dd14c3
  8. Keys will not repeat on my keyboard when I hold them down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys will not repeat on my keyboard when I hold them down: My wireless usb keyboard will not repeat keys when i press them down, if I wanted to delete something, instead of holding down backspace, I have to press it continuously over and over again until it deletes it. My keyboard on my laptop is fine, it's the wireless keyboard that...
  9. Keys will not repeat on my keyboard when I hold them down

Keys will not repeat on my keyboard when I hold them down: My wireless usb keyboard will not repeat keys when i press them down, if I wanted to delete something, instead of holding down backspace, I have to press it continuously over and over again until it deletes it. My keyboard on my laptop is fine, it's the wireless keyboard that...
  10. An US international keyboard with diacritics for more letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    An US international keyboard with diacritics for more letters: Recently I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and I tried to make characters like "ĉ" and "ŭ" which I was able to do in my school Chromebook with the "US international keyboard". The thing is that the "United States-International" keyboard of my Windows device doesn't let me...