Windows 10: When I hold down a key on keyboard it doesn't take the input like I'm holding it, it takes...

Discus and support When I hold down a key on keyboard it doesn't take the input like I'm holding it, it takes... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm a gamer. so, I basically play games on my pc. When I bought my PC I noticed this problem that whenever I hold down a key it doesn't take a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PrabirMondal1, Aug 2, 2020.

1. When I hold down a key on keyboard it doesn't take the input like I'm holding it, it takes...

I'm a gamer. so, I basically play games on my pc. When I bought my PC I noticed this problem that whenever I hold down a key it doesn't take a continuous input. Later I faced this problem in many of the games, like when I'm charging C4, unlocking locked doors; even when I'm running, the character runs a bit then walks then runs again, and sometimes stops running. Playing a game with this problem is just disgusting. I have AMD Ryzen 3 processor, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 120 GB SSD, and it's Windows 10. And I always check system requirements before downloading any game.

once I thought if it's really a gameplay performance issue, then I opened my PC's Notepad and hold down the 'A' key, what I got is like this: AAAAtakes some time like 0.5 sec, and thenAAAStops a bitAAAAAAAATakes some time, thenAAand continues like this.

So, I think It's not gameplay performance issue.

Please help me to fix this problem.

:)

PrabirMondal1, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Zzyzix Win User

Holding down keyboard buttons

Hello everyone.

I'm having an issue with a brand new keyboard on my PC. I recently bought Gembird KB-UMGL-01 keyboard and I'm having an issue when holding down a button. For example, whenever I'm playing World of Warcraft if I hold down W to walk forward it acts as if I'm pressing the button repeatedly. It's not specific to just some buttons, I've tried rebinding move forward to random keys and holding them down, same thing happens. I have also tried connecting the keyboard to multiple different USB ports on my PC, and the problem still presists. However, when I tried it on my laptop (also running Windows 10 pro) there was no issue at all.

I have checked manufacturer website, there is no drivers for this specific keyboard. I also tried googling about it, but the only things I managed to find are about specific keys (CTRL, Win, Shift etc.) acting as if they are stuck and the manual also doesn't say anything about this.

I hope that someone here can help me solve this. Thanks in advance.

Zzyzix, Aug 2, 2020
  3. AthanX Win User
    Holding down keyboard buttons

I was having the same problem with you. i just found it via the manual.

Just press Fn+Q once and you ve done! When I hold down a key on keyboard it doesn't take the input like I'm holding it, it takes... :)

AthanX, Aug 2, 2020
  4. GloVa Win User

When I hold down a key on keyboard it doesn't take the input like I'm holding it, it takes...

Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

For the past couple of months, as described in the title, I have been getting an issue on my Laptop with my keyboard that holds down a key (not physically) after I have held it down for several seconds. I first noticed this when I was playing Minecraft where
    after holding shift to crouch for several seconds, I'd let go and I was stuck in crouch for a couple of seconds. Even if I repeatedly press the key while it is happening, it doesn't fix the issue and I have to wait for it to stop holding the button down. From
    what I've seen, it can happen with multiple keys, holding shift in Minecraft and holding x in Celeste. It also doesn't start happening immediately, where for around the first 10 minutes of playing Celeste, this issue doesn't occur, but then starts happening
    out of nowhere. When it does start happening, I have tested it in other applications such as Google Chrome and Notepad, where the key is still repeatedly pressed for a few seconds after released.

I have looked at filter-keys and sticky-keys neither of which appear to be the issue. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver, this has not fixed it. Any ideas as to what could be causing the issue would be appreciated.

GloVa, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

When I hold down a key on keyboard it doesn't take the input like I'm holding it, it takes...

1. When I hold down a key on keyboard it doesn't take the input like I'm holding it, it takes... - Similar Threads - hold down key

2. When I hold down the control key, the spacebar doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I hold down the control key, the spacebar doesn't work.: I'm on Windows 11 and after quite a bit of research, I can't find much on this topic. The issue only happens when the control key is held down, not the shift or any other key. This happens globally and is not just in one app. Also, I am on the latest drivers for my device....
  3. When I hold down the control key, the spacebar doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I hold down the control key, the spacebar doesn't work.: I'm on Windows 11 and after quite a bit of research, I can't find much on this topic. The issue only happens when the control key is held down, not the shift or any other key. This happens globally and is not just in one app. Also, I am on the latest drivers for my device....
  4. Keyboard input lag when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard input lag when holding down a key: Hello everyone, I've got this issue with my keyboard since I built a custom PC, where it lags when I hold down a key. When I'm playing a video game, this gets annoying quick because I keep moving forward when hitting the W key, and have to wait before my spacebar hit...
  5. Keyboard input lag when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard input lag when holding down a key: Hello everyone, I've got this issue with my keyboard since I built a custom PC, where it lags when I hold down a key. When I'm playing a video game, this gets annoying quick because I keep moving forward when hitting the W key, and have to wait before my spacebar hit...
  6. Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...: Whenever I am using a program or game like, when I play Minecraft, and I hold down the W key to move or any other key, after holding it around 2 seconds, the framerates come to 0 and windows starts to hang but when I leave the key, all comes to normal. An the problem gets...
  7. Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...: Whenever I am using a program or game like, when I play Minecraft, and I hold down the W key to move or any other key, after holding it around 2 seconds, the framerates come to 0 and windows starts to hang but when I leave the key, all comes to normal. An the problem gets...
  8. Trackpad doesn't work when holding a key down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad doesn't work when holding a key down: For some reason, whenever I type or hold a key down on my laptop, my trackpad isn't usable until I let go of the key. Normally this isn't that big of a deal, but it makes it basically impossible to play games if where the trackpad and keys are both involved. Any idea if...
  9. Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.: For the past couple of months, as described in the title, I have been getting an issue on my Laptop with my keyboard that holds down a key (not physically) after I have held it down for several seconds. I first noticed this when I was playing Minecraft where after holding...
  10. My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer acts like I'm holding down the down arrow key.: Ok, so just yesterday my computer started acting like I was holding the down the down arrow key. I naturally thought this was just a faulty keyboard problem, so I unplugged my keyboard, and it still did it. I tried turning sticky keys, it was already off. I don't no if I need...