Windows 10: When I insert a DVD how do I turn it on please?

Discus and support When I insert a DVD how do I turn it on please? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I insert a DVD how do I play it please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnConnolly1, Nov 18, 2020.

1. When I insert a DVD how do I turn it on please?

When I insert a DVD how do I play it please?

:)

AnnConnolly1, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03370738

3. I get "Insert a Disc" message & DVD Media is ejected when DVD drive contains a DVD Media.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to update the DVD/CD driver by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD driver from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 18, 2020
  4. KKMISHRA Win User

When I insert a DVD how do I turn it on please?

dvd player is asking for insert disk while disk is already inserted

I upgraded to Win 10 back in July but have never tried to play a DVD until today.

When I insert a DVD: Windows DVD player fires up and asks me to insert a dvd and then, after a few seconds, closes down.

I have tried to fire up Windows DVD player first and then insert the DVD into the drive, but the same thing happens.

I figure the system "sees" the drive as it appears in the device manager list and I can play CD's but not the DVD.

KKMISHRA, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

When I insert a DVD how do I turn it on please?

1. When I insert a DVD how do I turn it on please? - Similar Threads - insert DVD turn

2. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted: My external DVD player is detected on Windows 10 when plugged in, but when I insert a CD or DVD it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with no reason. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with only one usb port. It actually worked the first time I used it, but now it doesn't if...
  3. setting a default dvd player when a dvd is inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting a default dvd player when a dvd is inserted: Ok. Here's the deal. Please read this carefully, as I am not talking about file types, I am talking about disk types. Windows 7 had a feature that would detect the content of any removable media placed in an optical drive and would ask you what to do with it. In Fact, it...
  4. Computer doesn't recognize it when I insert a CD or DVD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer doesn't recognize it when I insert a CD or DVD: When I insert a DVD or CD into the external CVS Player attached to my computer, there is no response, so I am unable to play or record discs. How can I correct this situation so that my pc acknowledges a disc or whatever else I might might want to enter....
  5. Have microsoft dvd player downloaded but when I insert DVD does not play.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have microsoft dvd player downloaded but when I insert DVD does not play.: Bought Microsoft DVD player downloaded but will not play my DVD home movies. Says something about finding or wrong 'D' Path? But does play one that I insert that was copied from USB to DVD okay?...
  6. MAPI TURNED OFF how do i turn on please

in Windows 10 Customization
    MAPI TURNED OFF how do i turn on please: turn on fax settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapi-turned-off-how-do-i-turn-on-please/22a8528b-efae-4d71-8e72-a3142f7961f7
  7. Microsoft Store opens when I insert a DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Store opens when I insert a DVD: I see that others have had this problem previously, but it is brand new to me as of this week. Something must have updated and caused a problem. I have tried following all of the previously posted suggestions and have restarted my computer and nothing - NOTHING - seems to...
  8. I have an installed DVD player in Win 10. Nothing happens when I insert a DVD

I have an installed DVD player in Win 10. Nothing happens when I insert a DVD: Have DVD player on Win 10. Nothing happens when a DVD is inserted. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-installed-dvd-player-in-win-10-nothing/9d983b2f-adf3-4206-b69e-973feddb820a
  9. blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner

blank DVD-R is not recognized when inserted in DVD burner: I’m running windows 10. In the past I’ve burned slides and videos onto blank DVD –R discs using Explorer and NERO. I’ve also burned slides onto CD-R discs. Now, for no apparent reason, neither of my 2 DVD drives will recognize a blank DVD-R disc. I’ve used blank SONY discs...
  10. Wrong icon when I insert a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM

Wrong icon when I insert a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM: Help me out here, each time I insert a DVD into my DVD player I get the wrong icon (yes, earlier today I installed Mafia III and it stayed that way. It's not supposed to...) How can I get my old icon back? As you can see, it doesn't match. Each game disc gives me the...