Windows 10: When I launch an app...

Discus and support When I launch an app... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I launch an app, it does not connect to the web, the rolling Ikon, just keeps rolling and does not connect, tried many times but always fails...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Oakenleaf, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Oakenleaf Win User

When I launch an app...

When I launch an app, it does not connect to the web, the rolling Ikon, just keeps rolling and does not connect, tried many times but always fails...

:)

Oakenleaf, Dec 28, 2018

2. Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Altidias Win User
    Get Started app wont launch

Their is no error message in opens for like half a second then closes, and the Option Windows Store Apps is not there

Thanks

Altidias, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

When I launch an app...

Windows 10 Apps are unable to launch

Hi Deep,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with launching apps. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect App settings.

• App is corrupt.
    Before starting the troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps. If not, try these steps:

Method 1:

Let's run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to re-register all Windows Store Apps by running the following commands in a CMD window started as Administrator:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
    "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

When I launch an app...

1. When I launch an app... - Similar Threads - launch app

2. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: Hi Microsoft Community, I really hope that you can provide a possible solution to my problem. I'm an employee working for an MNC and supporting internal users. One of my user has a problem with Windows calculator app. The Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes...
  3. settings app does not launch for a user

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings app does not launch for a user: Hi settings app does not launch . I did already add a new local admin and it is working for him. Created a new user and copied all for the new user. But after some time now, settings are again not working for the user. I can not always add new users and copy over....
  4. Microsoft Solitaire Collection App Closing after launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection App Closing after launching: This is my dad's computer and problem started today 8/26/2019. The Windows Microsoft Solitaire Collection App launches and then Immediately crashes/closes. Have tried many options from uninstall/install. reset. clearing caches. etc. nothing helps below is the system current...
  5. Microsoft Solitaire Collection App Closing after launching

Microsoft Solitaire Collection App Closing after launching: This is my dad's computer and problem started today 8/26/2019. The Windows Microsoft Solitaire Collection App launches and then Immediately crashes/closes. Have tried many options from uninstall/install. reset. clearing caches. etc. nothing helps below is the system current...
  6. Money app will not launch

Money app will not launch: When I try to launch Money, it does not complete the launch. I have it pinned to Start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/money-app-will-not-launch/0a6cb105-5c6d-4001-bb8a-8dd4884819c4
  7. Issues while launching Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management App

Issues while launching Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management App: Hello I recently downloaded all Intel apps on my computer and so all of them worked fine until this one failed to work. Is there any fix to this problem? [ATTACH] ***Original title: Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management App (Elevation problem?)***...
  8. after the May update, whenever I reboot and then try to launch most apps, they open as...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after the May update, whenever I reboot and then try to launch most apps, they open as...: I installed the big May update recently. Ever since, whenever I reboot and then try to launch certain apps (web browsers, Adobe apps, Spotify--pretty much any sizeable app), it appears as if those apps aren't launching, and Windows is just sitting there doing nothing. But if...
  9. apps not launching

apps not launching: Suddenly my calculator and photo apps will not launch. I can't open images that are sent to me. You seen the black screen and the spinning timer but then the screen goes back to the email where the image was attached. With calculator, I see the graphic blue calculator but...
  10. Microsoft To Do app is not launch in Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft To Do app is not launch in Windows 10: Hi All, Good day to you all. I have problem with opening microsoft To Do app. I installed it through the store. I can install it without issue. But it wont open at all. Try to uninstall and reinstall. But its not success. Can any one help me on this. Thanks...