Windows 10: When I left click anywhere a search bar appears

Discus and support When I left click anywhere a search bar appears in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I left click anywhere on my screen using my laptop mouse pad and buttons, be it in a document, on the web, on desktop, anywhere. A search window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rebeccajoanne, May 2, 2020.

1. When I left click anywhere a search bar appears

When I left click anywhere on my screen using my laptop mouse pad and buttons, be it in a document, on the web, on desktop, anywhere. A search window appears in the bottom left of my screen, it has recently saved files, all my accounts linked to my computer, recent activity, apps etc...

Its becoming very inconvenient when I am doing work and uni assignments as its starting to happen when i left click on my laptop more times than not.

Please can anyone help!?

:)

Rebeccajoanne, May 2, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting images while using the search bar in Google Chrome. I see that this a new feature that’s been introduced in Google Chrome version 75.0.3770.80.

However, I would like to let you know that you can take off the photos that are displayed while you search for something by following the steps listed below. Kindly follow the same and see if it works:

1. Open Chrome browser and copy paste the following string into the Chrome address bar:
      chrome://flags/#omnibox-rich-entity-suggestions
    2. Press Enter, and choose ‘Omnibox Rich Entity Suggestions’ option to
      Disabled from the drop down menu.
    3. Close the browser and relaunch it.

For further queries, I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Google support
    team and they will help you with this.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 2, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 2, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

When I left click anywhere a search bar appears

Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 2, 2020
Thema:

When I left click anywhere a search bar appears

1. When I left click anywhere a search bar appears - Similar Threads - left click anywhere

2. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click: A few weeks back my files began being deleted when I left click on their icons in my desktop / file explorer.Some times all files under a folder are deleted, if I click in the file list part of the file explorer. When that happens, if I click on the cancel button my click is...
  3. Top left volume bar not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Top left volume bar not appearing: When I try to see how low or how high or what song is playing on my computer, I'm not able to without seeing the application I'm streaming the sounds on, or going to the right of my taskbar and pressing on sound....
  4. Top left volume bar not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Top left volume bar not appearing: When I try to see how low or how high or what song is playing on my computer, I'm not able to without seeing the application I'm streaming the sounds on, or going to the right of my taskbar and pressing on sound....
  5. Top left volume bar not appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .: Hello, so recently I resetted my laptop because I wanted to organize my files from the start. One issue I found was finding apps like twitch and telegram in the search bar . But I could not open, it simply won't open . The icon is also not the icon, it's like a default icon...
  7. Whenever I left click on a google page, the writing bar appears

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I left click on a google page, the writing bar appears: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Alexelboi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lemf86/whenever_i_left_click_on_a_google_page_the/
  8. Keyboard is not working anywhere in windows from search bar to folder search or anywhere in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard is not working anywhere in windows from search bar to folder search or anywhere in...: I did the windows update few days back, and my keyboard has stopped working, it wont type anything in windows only, it types in other apps, regedit also won't open, onscreen keyboard doesnt work too, i have an optional update of keyboard standard that will never download no...
  9. dots or periods continually run in Windows search bar when I left-click to open aps window

in Cortana
    dots or periods continually run in Windows search bar when I left-click to open aps window: When I left-click on the Windows search bar to open the apps window, I get a continuous running line of dots or periods. This also happens when I try to type in browser search bars....
  10. Settings not appearing when I search for them in search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings not appearing when I search for them in search bar: Hi I Just bought a new XPS 13 (lowest end model) that came with Microsoft 10 pre-installed (bought it from Microsoft store). my problem is that I cannot search for settings in the main search bar or even the settings search bar, the settings search bar simply doesn't work...