Windows 10: When i left click my mouse to open any file/folder is deletes.

Discus and support When i left click my mouse to open any file/folder is deletes. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ok, so I have lost a lot of files due to my mouse deleteing stuff when left clicking! at first I thought it was a virus and I had already lost... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Outlawed Modder, May 12, 2020.

1. When i left click my mouse to open any file/folder is deletes.

Ok, so I have lost a lot of files due to my mouse deleteing stuff when left clicking! at first I thought it was a virus and I had already lost everything anyways so just did a factory reset..... it didn't help, so I moved on to troubleshooting ive tried 3 different programs that scan files to troubleshoot and none of them detected anything so then I moved to the internet in which discorvered the device manager in which I went to the mouse and pointer and attempted an update it said it was up to date so I uninstalled it and restarted my computer with no luck please help ive already lost all my files I don't want to buy a new computer.

:)

Outlawed Modder, May 12, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused When i left click my mouse to open any file/folder is deletes. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well When i left click my mouse to open any file/folder is deletes. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 12, 2020
  3. 0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown When i left click my mouse to open any file/folder is deletes. :(

lyndonguitar, May 12, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

When i left click my mouse to open any file/folder is deletes.

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 12, 2020
Thema:

When i left click my mouse to open any file/folder is deletes.

1. When i left click my mouse to open any file/folder is deletes. - Similar Threads - left click mouse

2. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click: A few weeks back my files began being deleted when I left click on their icons in my desktop / file explorer.Some times all files under a folder are deleted, if I click in the file list part of the file explorer. When that happens, if I click on the cancel button my click is...
  3. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click: A few weeks back my files began being deleted when I left click on their icons in my desktop / file explorer.Some times all files under a folder are deleted, if I click in the file list part of the file explorer. When that happens, if I click on the cancel button my click is...
  4. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. When I click left click on my Logitech G300s mouse it will open up microsoft office for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I click left click on my Logitech G300s mouse it will open up microsoft office for...: I tried everything I could, but it didnt work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-left-click-on-my-logitech-g300s-mouse/a1ffe2e6-44ad-4011-9b72-c707f2e4a807
  6. When I click left click on my Logitech G300s mouse it will open up microsoft office for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I click left click on my Logitech G300s mouse it will open up microsoft office for...: I tried everything I could, but it didnt work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-left-click-on-my-logitech-g300s-mouse/a1ffe2e6-44ad-4011-9b72-c707f2e4a807
  7. Cant open any file/loading cursor when i right click a file or when i left click a file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant open any file/loading cursor when i right click a file or when i left click a file.: When i want to open files from downloads, it puts me a loading cursor and the app just freezes. I have tried to end the task and i have restarted my computer multiple times to make it work so I can open my files, and it still doesn't work. The file app just freezes and...
  8. Everything is deleting when i double click the left mouse button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything is deleting when i double click the left mouse button: even after resetting the PC theerror appeared in 4 days so i thought ofreinstalling the OS, now after 2 weeks the same error pop ups. i don't know what to do now.please help me with this. when i double click the left button on some file,all of a sudden 10-15 window open up...
  9. Left-Click Mouse Causes Deletion files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left-Click Mouse Causes Deletion files in Windows 10: I have updated my system with Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. but the files get deleted automatically when left-clicking the mouse. If we left mouse click on any file like image, Doc, Excel, Notepad Application then it removes everything which we open instead of executing a proper...
  10. Mouse opens browser when i right and left click.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse opens browser when i right and left click.: my problem started a while ago like 2018 i have already tried resetting my pc from a flash drive but the problem is still there what i know about it is that when i turn off human interfaces the mouse doesn't open tabs but i cant left click while holding right click and that...