Windows 10: When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.

Discus and support When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a custom built PC (built last year) and recently when I lock my windows screen, after a few seconds it tries to go in sleep mode then it wakes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eeps24, Mar 4, 2017.

1. eeps24 Win User

When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.

I have a custom built PC (built last year) and recently when I lock my windows screen, after a few seconds it tries to go in sleep mode then it wakes itself up on its own then few seconds later it tries again.

1. I lock my screen
    2. after i lock it, it brings me to my lock screen ....it shows me the time and the temperature (its how i configured my lock screen via windows settings)
    3. after about 8-10 seconds my dual monitors go pitch black (the power buttons remain blue and don't go off).
    4. on its own, its as if its waking itself up, the monitors come back to my lock screen (also the monitor displays HDMI as if the monitor shut down and showing you the input its currently on).
    5. repeat steps 2-4 (if I leave my computer locked it just repeats this cycle on its own)

I dont know if its related or not, but when ever this happens, in my event viewer it shows "event 10016" The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID.

I have all my power settings to tell the PC not to sleep, I have all power savings options related to monitor and PC off. I have no screen saver. When I am logged in windows, if I let the PC just sit there, I don't have this issue. Its only when I lock my computer.

:)

eeps24, Mar 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 sleep problems

Well it worked for me sometimes. If when I turn the machine on and my old lock screen picture shows up. The Monitor will not sleep, however if I leave it long enough ??? today it took a long tome to go into sleep mode , I don't know how long because I
    went to the store the computer will eventually go into sleep mode and when I wake it up it goes to the Windows Spotlite lock screen and when I log in the Sleep mode aworks and the monitor goes to my screensaver at the proper time. Now if I boot the computer
    in the morning and the Windows Spotlight screen saver comes up then I know everything works. Anybody have any ideas?

Dave-LindaRoesler, Mar 4, 2017
  3. Why my PC go in sleep mode even when I disabled it in Power Management

Done all that.. and do better than that.. I put the delay to "never". The screensaver is also disabled.

I change to power settings to Performance and disabled the sleep and hibernate.

I'm expecting the PC to always be ON.

Survivant00, Mar 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member
Thema:

When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode.

1. When I lock my windows screen it tries to go in sleep mode. - Similar Threads - lock screen tries

2. My windows was not going in Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows was not going in Sleep mode: Hello,I'm Ayush from India, Recently I'm facing one Issue on my laptop Dell Inspiron 15z 5523 that my windows doesn't go in Sleep. Whenever I press sleep my monitor got off and in 5-6 seconds it automatically wakeup from Sleep even without disturbing mouse or Keyboard. Please...
  3. Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google: I'm using an Asus Zenbook Flip 14 with i5 8250, 8gb RAM, SSD.About 1-1.5 years ago I noticed that my laptop would not be able to go into standby anymore without requiring a hard reboot. Never bothered to fix it but now it really annoys me.When standby mode is activated...
  4. Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google: I'm using an Asus Zenbook Flip 14 with i5 8250, 8gb RAM, SSD.About 1-1.5 years ago I noticed that my laptop would not be able to go into standby anymore without requiring a hard reboot. Never bothered to fix it but now it really annoys me.When standby mode is activated...
  5. Laptop screen black when going to sleep mode - I tried *EVERYTHING* from Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows10 Shows Locking and go to sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows10 Shows Locking and go to sleep mode: [IMG] My laptop shows this screen continuesly going to sleep mood. How can i solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-shows-locking-and-go-to-sleep-mode/703c66e5-b9c8-454e-9a8b-8e02ec603b0c
  7. Sleep mode and lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep mode and lock screen: I have disabled sleep mode but now do not have a locked screen. How can turn this function on. I have gone to settings but only sleep mode is available for locked screen. Thanks....
  8. Lock screen showing up when going to sleep

Lock screen showing up when going to sleep: hi there, since at least 3 months I noticed that when I click the power button for having the PC go to sleep mode, the lock screen will pop up for like half second, and then it will go to standby. This definitely didn't happen when I set up the PC and some time ago it...
  9. Sleep mode locks the screen

Sleep mode locks the screen: When I click on Windows / Power / Sleep mode, it often locks the screen instead. When I repeat the procedure it finally makes my Dell XPS 13 notebook sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-locks-the-screen/496ae348-9ba0-4b59-a006-138444ffc174
  10. Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode

Lock screen showing up when PC going to sleep mode: hello, Since one of the latest updates, when i click the power button for sending the PC to sleep, the lock screen flashes for an instant then goes into sleep. it has never done like that say 6 months ago. With the most recent update that i have installed today, and i am...