Windows 10: When I lock the laptop it stops all the calculations in background

Discus and support When I lock the laptop it stops all the calculations in background in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a strange problem with my Win 10 Pro and newly purchased Dell Inspiron. When the screen is locked - either manually or auto - all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HamidrezaMirkhani, Dec 1, 2018.

1. When I lock the laptop it stops all the calculations in background

I have a strange problem with my Win 10 Pro and newly purchased Dell Inspiron. When the screen is locked - either manually or auto - all the calculations I have in the background go to sleep mode, i.e. the laptop goes to a semi-sleep mode, just waiting for any mouse or keyboard command to wake up. Once I login again, all programs - and my computing program - will resume to work again.

I have not had this problem on my other two laptops as I have developed a program that I need it to run in the background even if I lock the screen.

I already changed the power plans several times to ensure that it does not go sleep mode, but I am frustrated with this locking screen issue. Please advise how I can resolve this issue.

:)

HamidrezaMirkhani, Dec 1, 2018

2. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Lock Screen Background

Hi Jean,

It's possible that you are updating the wrong configuration setting. The
    Background
    setting under Windows Settings > Personalization will update the background picture that will be shown on your desktop where icons are placed. Meanwhile, the
    Lock screen setting will update the background picture that will be shown when you are logging in to your device.

To update your Lock scren setting, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    2. Type in Lock screen settings in the search bar and press
      Enter
    3. Under Background, make sure the it is set to Picture.
    4. Click the Browse button.
    5. Locate the picture that you want to set as lock screen background and click
      Choose picture

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Ferdz Amp, Dec 1, 2018
  4. When I lock the laptop it stops all the calculations in background

Lock screen background keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand your concern about lock screen background, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to personalize the lock screen and check if it helps:

Change your lock screen background:

• Right click on Desktop, click on Personalization, and on
      Lock screen in the left pane.
    • Here, under Background (click on the drop down arrow) you will see
      Windows spotlight, Picture, Slideshow.
    • Select Windows Spotlight, lock the screen (Press Windows key + L) and check if it helps.
    • Also, you can select Picture, Choose your picture, lock the screen and check if the issue persists.

For more information refer: Personalize your lock screen

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

When I lock the laptop it stops all the calculations in background

1. When I lock the laptop it stops all the calculations in background - Similar Threads - lock laptop stops

2. How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the background color change when changing the background image in...: I really don't like that yellowish tint. It's not a good color. I have tried editing color settings using color management, but it didn't change anything. Thanks for any pointers....
  3. How do I stop background apps from automatically stopping when I lock my PC in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop background apps from automatically stopping when I lock my PC in windows 11: Basically, whenever I lock my PC it suspends background apps that control my PC's lighting, resetting it to its default colors, how do I stop that....
  4. How do I stop background apps from automatically stopping when I lock my PC in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop background apps from automatically stopping when I lock my PC in windows 11: Basically, whenever I lock my PC it suspends background apps that control my PC's lighting, resetting it to its default colors, how do I stop that....
  5. windows 10 calculator stopped showing calculations

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 calculator stopped showing calculations: I noticed today that my calculator in windows 10 stopped showing the calculations I made before pressing enter to see the result of the calculations. I have windows 10 on my other computer and in it the calculator still works like it should. So for example if I write 1+2+3...
  6. Laptop WILL NOT stop locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop WILL NOT stop locking: Really long story short for some reason my laptop will NOT stop locking itself after a minute or two of being turned on, after fighting with it for awhile and turning the settings to never sleep never lock never turn off etc. it started to stay on and work properly but now if...
  7. All audio stops broadcasting when trying to stop background music in-game with Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All audio stops broadcasting when trying to stop background music in-game with Bluetooth...: Hey, Basically every time i'm playing a game using a Bluetooth headsets and playing music in the background i can't stop the music. Because if i try to stop the music using media keys or going manually into the software to stop it, all audio stop broadcasting to the...
  8. All programs close when I lock my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All programs close when I lock my laptop: submitted by /u/timothy5597 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ggb122/all_programs_close_when_i_lock_my_laptop/
  9. The calculator stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The calculator stopped working.: Since the last update, the calculator does not open correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-calculator-stopped-working/cdae88de-0f45-4ab8-9a5a-ce08c44b5e06
  10. Calculator stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calculator stopped working.: Since the last update, calculator does not pull up properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-stopped-working/49613736-632f-42a5-844b-97048ed40ea7