Windows 10: When I log in, the screen looks different. I cannot see all my apps

Discus and support When I log in, the screen looks different. I cannot see all my apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I typed my password into my computer today and when it opened, it only showed the start menu. I wanted to be able to have access to my shortcuts on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnicaPollock, May 14, 2020.

1. When I log in, the screen looks different. I cannot see all my apps

I typed my password into my computer today and when it opened, it only showed the start menu. I wanted to be able to have access to my shortcuts on my screen, but I am not sure how to change that. Does anybody know how to change the setting?

:)

AnnicaPollock, May 14, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, May 14, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, May 14, 2020
  4. N-Gen Win User

When I log in, the screen looks different. I cannot see all my apps

Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, May 14, 2020
Thema:

When I log in, the screen looks different. I cannot see all my apps

1. When I log in, the screen looks different. I cannot see all my apps - Similar Threads - log screen looks

2. When I look in Advanced App Settings, I don't see the option to change the app...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I look in Advanced App Settings, I don't see the option to change the app...: I've looked at a good number of articles and videos, and all of them pretty much boil down to "Switch out of S Mode", but I'm not in S Mode, I checked, and I don't know what to do. I'm just trying to play a fangame I saw in a video, and everytime I try, it won't let me...
  3. When I look in Advanced App Settings, I don't see the option to change the app...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I look in Advanced App Settings, I don't see the option to change the app...: I've looked at a good number of articles and videos, and all of them pretty much boil down to "Switch out of S Mode", but I'm not in S Mode, I checked, and I don't know what to do. I'm just trying to play a fangame I saw in a video, and everytime I try, it won't let me...
  4. what do i do when i see "cannot log into account" on my second account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do i do when i see "cannot log into account" on my second account ?: Hello, when i login to the second account thats on my laptop it says "cannot login to account"it looks like that. what do i do ive restarted my laptop ive signed out and signed into the other login i just dont know what to do...
  5. I cannot log in to PC - at ALL

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot log in to PC - at ALL: Let me be very clear. After upgrading from 1903 to 20H2 Windows 10, the first screen is the log in screen where you type in your PIN. Because there were security changes due to the upgrade, the PIN needed to be reset. The message appears: "Your PIN is no longer available...
  6. When I log into My Windows 10 PC, I see a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I log into My Windows 10 PC, I see a black screen with cursor: Hello Microsoft so 2 days ago I installed Windows 10 on my pc but then i saw this black screen 2 days later. What do i do to fix it?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-log-into-my-windows-10-pc-i-see-a-black/3316e617-ebf8-42c3-ad13-880382e3a501
  7. i have a different name on my log in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i have a different name on my log in screen: a Person named Leo D.... name shows up in my log in screen. I just bought this computer a few days ago. the time is off and everything. I have tried to contact Microsoft about this but the phone doesn't work and when I do the online thing they tell me they have detected...
  8. i Can't see my inbox when i log into my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i Can't see my inbox when i log into my account: I get the following error: Something went wrong We can't get that information right now. Please try again later. cId: 73522152CF9142C4B1F80072C0A9986Bapp: Mailst: undefinedreqid: undefinedwsver: undefinedefe: undefinedebe: undefinedet: ClientErroresrc: Scripterr: Error:...
  9. when I logged on I noticed my desktop was significantly different

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    when I logged on I noticed my desktop was significantly different: So I am not quite sure how to explain this. Last night I went to class and was working on an essay on my surface pro. Shut it down and everything was good. This morning when I logged on I noticed my desktop was significantly different. My school folder is no longer there, my...
  10. Cannot see account at log in screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot see account at log in screen: I am trying to add myself as a second user to my wife's PC (Windows 10). I have done that (as administrator) but my account does NOT show up at login. I cannot see the register key logonUI in the registry....