Windows 10: When I log in to Remote Desktop to access my work computer, all Google.com sites stop working

Discus and support When I log in to Remote Desktop to access my work computer, all Google.com sites stop working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My IT team has me using SonicWall NetExtender to log in the work computers, and then I launch a remote desktop profile that gives me access to my work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by softbanana55, May 7, 2020.

1. When I log in to Remote Desktop to access my work computer, all Google.com sites stop working

My IT team has me using SonicWall NetExtender to log in the work computers, and then I launch a remote desktop profile that gives me access to my work PC. When I'm connected, any Google sites google.com, Gmail etc. won't load. It also makes Slack temperamental. When I disconnect from NetExtender, Google sites work fine.

Any idea what could be causing this any how I can fix it?

Thank you

:)

softbanana55, May 7, 2020

2. Remote Desktop not working for my Windows/10 machine

I restored a computer to original Windows/10, set it to allow remote access, and still can't access it using Remote Desktop from another machine.

They are both network connected to the same wireless router.

I'm logged into the same Microsoft account on both.

I'm trying to access it using either computername or IP address - neither works.

I CAN successfully run TRACERT using either computername or IP address and both work.

Windows Firewall does not list an application named "Remote Desktop" (still doesn't connect even if I turn the firewall off).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

DaveFromNH, May 7, 2020
  3. NancyMB Win User
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working

the remote desktop ASSISTANT has stopped working and crashes immediately when I try to open it. Does anyone have any ideas?

I am using the google remote desktop in the meanwhile, but I would like to use the Microsoft version if I ever get it to work again.

NancyMB, May 7, 2020
  4. ShiBDiB Win User

When I log in to Remote Desktop to access my work computer, all Google.com sites stop working

Remote Desktop not working

First off, im unbanned wooo

I'm trying to use logmein pro to get windows remote desktop setup for my main computer back home, its 8.1 pro and the remote desktop option in the computer properties is activated. (Also the remote port has been changed in the reg as I have a home server that I remote to as well which works fine). All ports have been forwarded and there's no firewall issues.

The issue is I just completely cannot connect to it using remote desktop. Is this due to logmein being installed? I don't want to uninstall it to test my theory and then be completely cutoff from the pc for 2 months if I'm wrong.

ShiBDiB, May 7, 2020
Thema:

When I log in to Remote Desktop to access my work computer, all Google.com sites stop working

1. When I log in to Remote Desktop to access my work computer, all Google.com sites stop working - Similar Threads - log Remote Desktop

2. Log in to a work computer remotely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in to a work computer remotely: Log in to a work computer remotely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-to-a-work-computer-remotely/a1739706-971d-4b40-81c7-b422f7aad76a
  3. Remote Desktop Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Stopped Working: I've used Remote Desktop between the same two computers for many years. Today it isn't working. I don't know if this is because I changed my virus protection to Norton or if it was due to a Windows update. If I am behind my home router - that is, on the same network using...
  4. Remote Desktop Stopped Working

Remote Desktop Stopped Working: I've used Remote Desktop between the same two computers for many years. Today it isn't working. I don't know if this is because I changed my virus protection to Norton or if it was due to a Windows update. If I am behind my home router - that is, on the same network using...
  5. Remote Desktop Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Remote Desktop has stopped working and I cant access my remote server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop has stopped working and I cant access my remote server: All of a sudden remote desktop has stopped working and I cant access it. Some background first:The remote server is running the latest version of Windows 11. Normally when I try to login from the client I open "OpenVPN" create a connection and then run the MRD app. The client...
  7. Remote Desktop has stopped working and I cant access my remote server

Remote Desktop has stopped working and I cant access my remote server: All of a sudden remote desktop has stopped working and I cant access it. Some background first:The remote server is running the latest version of Windows 11. Normally when I try to login from the client I open "OpenVPN" create a connection and then run the MRD app. The client...
  8. Remote Desktop stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop stopped working: Remote Desktop stopped working suddenly, apparently after an update 1-14-21. I uninstalled it, re-downloaded from the store, restarted, and it still doesn't work. It keeps hanging at "Confguring remote PC..." I have Windows 10 Home, and had previously downloaded Remote...
  9. remote desktop stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    remote desktop stopped working: Windows 10 Pro machine at home, SBS Server 2012 (I think) at work. I have two remote desktop apps on my Windows 10 box, a Windows 10 themed newer app that has fewer features but a slicker interface, and an older version that allows me to transfer files. The latter I've been...
  10. Remote Desktop Stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop Stopped working: It used to work. I've changed nothing. Windows 10 computers. All of a sudden it gives a "Your credentials did not work" error. I've tried everything listed in these forums but nothing works. I'm trying to access my desktop over my lan with a a wireless laptop. I could do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop your credentials did not work