Windows 10: when i log off windows says other user logged in may los...

Discus and support when i log off windows says other user logged in may los... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so I really don't no whether this is a sign of a virus or not (I really don't know a lot about these things) but a few things: -when I logged off (to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by brendan1, Nov 9, 2016.

1. brendan1 Win User

when i log off windows says other user logged in may los...

so I really don't no whether this is a sign of a virus or not (I really don't know a lot about these things) but a few things:
    -when I logged off (to shut down) from my only account it said warning other users logged in my lose their work!
    -the terminal flash on the screen when my desktop first launches after a reboot (only for a few seconds and doesn't look like it has any writing (sort of like a program quickly ran that shouldn't have)
    -some times my screen seems to reboot randomly then I lose some control of my mouse like someone's on put vnc on my machine and is messing with me (ill admit this could be my mouse but why does my screen refresh! randomly like that is this normal of windows 10 display sever?)
    -other than a few performance issues (that could be configuration related) system operates at normal cpu/memory usage, all my partitions are normal, security settings are all high on router/ pc

thanks in advance

:)

brendan1, Nov 9, 2016
  2. Laurapx Win User

Windows 10 can't login

Hello,

I just downloaded Windows 10 and created other user account. But when I try to log in with the other user account, it automatically logs off. I put the password, it starts to log in, says greetings on screen, and then logs off. What can I do?

Laurapx, Nov 9, 2016
  3. When I log in to other accounts, it says "User Account failed the sign in, the Profile cannot be loaded"

The administrator account works fine, but when I created a new account and I log in, it says "User Account failed the sign in, the Profile cannot be loaded"

All types of accounts are occuring this problem

like the Child, Adult and other user account that is not included in the family

Jeanne Gabriela, Nov 9, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Run Task Manager the look at the Users tab to see who is logged in.

Steve C, Nov 10, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    There is one scenario, and as far as I know one scenario only to get that warning on a Windows 10 PC with just one single user. Could this be how you got it:

You lock PC without signing out:

when i log off windows says other user logged in may los... [​IMG]

You then shut down or restart from sign in screen:

If the above is how you are doing this, then this warning will be shown automatically:

If you read the text of that warning with thought, you'll notice it does not warn about other users being signed in. Instead, it says "... you and any other people...". Windows simply uses the same warning regardless if PC has only one user account or multiple users when it detects that at least one user is still signed in.

In this case you would still be signed in, having only locked the PC, and warning is addressed to you personally; you could (and will!) lose all unsaved documents if you proceed with shut down or restart.

If you look the second screenshot above (click it to enlarge) you'll notice that I am the only user on the machine screenshot is taken from, yet as the third screenshot shows I am getting the same warning because I am still signed in, PC being just locked.

This is not a virus, not an issue. It is totally normal, default way Windows warns the user trying to shut down or restart when at least one user (you in this case) is still signed in.

6. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    I agree with Kari's possible explanation.
    However, a terminal flash at login, random screen refreshes, loss of mouse control, etc., as you have mentioned, are cause for investigation.
    I suggest you run ADWCleaner and see if it finds anything. If so, post the log so we can evaluate.
    Also, sfc /scannow may be in order.

simrick, Nov 10, 2016
  7. brendan1 Win User
    Thanks kari your right! That's exactly what happened.

I ran afc scan and it was ok along with malware software as well. I decided to started over from scratch for a few other reasons and reinstalled windows on a formatted drive.

I ran into the same problem with the cmd poping up but according to windows the file I was getting was just error messages from a driver install and can de deleted.

What I still can't explain is the random screen refreshes before could this be my Nivida graphics card configuring. and also a new problem with windows defender scanner when I try to scan something it says can not scan while other scans in progress. I try again and it usually works??

brendan1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. when i log off windows says other user logged in may los... - Similar Threads - log off says

2. Other User Log In Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked but I regret doing it. The laptop has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to complete the task. Even worse, now...
  3. Other User Log In Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other User Log In Screen: Hello, I edited the registry Windows 10 Home OS in order to remove the previous owner's name from the log in screen. The registry edit worked. But big mistake. It has a Celeron chip and literally took hours for the computer to just get back to a log in screen. Even worse, now...
  4. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  5. How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?: Please help me how to switch user on HP Windows 10 desktop if the other user forgot to log off/exit out from log-in desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-user-if-the-other-user-didnt-log-off/c70cc2c3-c6cf-4b2d-a301-8081d34b9fc8
  6. How to bypass "Other users logged in may lose their work" when shuttin

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bypass "Other users logged in may lose their work" when shuttin: Hey Guys Anyone know how to get rid of the above message when shutting down? On the users tab of task manager it only shows my user account. It may be a Sophos account? Alternatively, how do you force log off all users without the prompt? Cheers. 131230
  7. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  8. New user logged off at log-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New user logged off at log-on: I have upgraded my Vaio laptop to Win 10 Home, and with my single admin user have created a new non-admin local user (not with a Microsoft account). When logging in with this local user the log-on screen immediately says "Signing out" and that's it. Nothing. I've been...
  9. OTHER USER log in problems

OTHER USER log in problems: Good day! I have my problem on my PC.. It's windows 10 and I clean and scan it to remove any virus. After that it requires to restart my PC, so I did. But when it comes to log in menu, I didn't see my account, OTHER USER which is I don't know the user and pass. And it...
  10. Other User log in problem

Other User log in problem: I decided to reset my computer and put it back to windows 8, everything went well except for the fact that this "other user" log in page popped up. I tried everything but it kept saying wrong password or wrong username. If anyone has any solution it would be very helpful....