Windows 10: When i login with other account currently logged should be logged out. Is there any option...

Discus and support When i login with other account currently logged should be logged out. Is there any option... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Currently I have two user account. If I login with user account other account should be logged out automatically if it is login.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Roushan Kumar Sharma, Jul 23, 2021.

1. When i login with other account currently logged should be logged out. Is there any option...

Currently I have two user account. If I login with user account other account should be logged out automatically if it is login.

:)

Roushan Kumar Sharma, Jul 23, 2021
  2. mora67 Win User

Black screen after login - other user gets logged in background

So I got these two issues, don't know if these are related. At least second must be a bug or other conflict between accounts etc.

1. Black screen appears after admin login, lasts about 6 minutes before desktop appears. And note: black screen appears only for the admin login, other basic user account logins shows desktop in less than 10 seconds from login.
    2. When switching of or rebooting from any account logged in, windows complains that there is another user logged in. Whatever has happened, there hasn't be a physical typing login of any other user. I started to see and realize this because my other family accounts has tried to switch of this PC but didn't notice that note of other user logged in and left the PC in that state without clicking don't mind; I see this when I log in next day with admin login details and switching off this other user note appears. And this happens also verse vice, just like admin gets logged in in background without me getting really logged in.

I got from Microsoft Finland community support advise that I should create a new admin account and then destroy current admin. But that would be a big mess because I have the whole MS family based on control from my current admin account. Also too many other services are depending of the control from this current admin account as Office 365 home accounts and security software.

mora67, Jul 23, 2021
  3. can not log in on home page

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to log-in to your desktop, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might be due to corrupted user account.

I suggest you to enter in to safe mode, enable built-in administrator account and troubleshoot the existing user account. Please follow the below troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.
    • Here select Change pc settings and then General.
    • Scroll down to Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    • Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built-in administrator account and try to troubleshoot the corrupted user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the link below to run user account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account troubleshooter

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 23, 2021
  4. WillRay Win User

When i login with other account currently logged should be logged out. Is there any option...

Auto logging into disabled account Windows 10

I was able to fix this by doing the following:

• Boot up the computer, then kill the power after startup is complete.
    • Do step #1 again. (Two crashes within two minutes after startup will cause Windows to boot into Safe Mode automatically.)
    • You will be forcibly logged in to Safe Mode with the Administrator account.
    • Enable the Administrator account, and setup your normal account as needed.
    • Restart again, you will auto login as the Administrator account (which has now been enabled).
    • Log out of the Admin account, and log in with the normal account.
    • Disable the default Administrator account once again.

WillRay, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

When i login with other account currently logged should be logged out. Is there any option...

1. When i login with other account currently logged should be logged out. Is there any option... - Similar Threads - login account currently

2. The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.: Hi,My corporate microsoft account was locked. The 30-minute waiting didn’t work for me also. The problem did not result from repeated incorrect password attempts.From what I remember, I used a different workstation/pc to log-in and this problem has started ever since. I...
  3. The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.: Hi,My corporate microsoft account was locked. The 30-minute waiting didn’t work for me also. The problem did not result from repeated incorrect password attempts.From what I remember, I used a different workstation/pc to log-in and this problem has started ever since. I...
  4. the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to: I just bought a new laptop and connected it to my microsoft account. Was able to set everything up and I was able to use it last night. When done, I shut down the computer and this morning when I try to log in again so I can use my laptop for work, it shows "the referenced...
  5. the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to: I just bought a new laptop and connected it to my microsoft account. Was able to set everything up and I was able to use it last night. When done, I shut down the computer and this morning when I try to log in again so I can use my laptop for work, it shows "the referenced...
  6. the referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Other microsoft account is logged in and I can't sign it out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other microsoft account is logged in and I can't sign it out: I have my microsoft account signed in on my laptop. My sister one day, logged in her hotmail account on microsoft word to sync her files and ever since then, I can't sign it out to sign in my account. The microsoft account signed in the laptop became hers including the...
  8. Logging out options

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging out options: Is it possible to add a log out button as the prominent control on the start menu? In addition, is it possible to activate automatic log out, if inactive for 5-7 minutes? I work with the elderly, and the location is a social hall. Frustrated users often walk away, rather than...
  9. Logging out options

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging out options: Is it possible to add a log out button as the prominent control on the start menu? In addition, is it possible to activate automatic log out, if inactive for 5-7 minutes? I work with the elderly, and the location is a social hall. Frustrated users often walk away, rather than...
  10. What Start Menu option to Log out current user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What Start Menu option to Log out current user?: Can't find how to log out a user in Windows 10.... ? I happen to know the command line option for this ("logout", I believe) so I can still do it - but why has MS removed it from the Power options and where is it now? Searching for it in the Start menu does not bring it up...