Windows 10: When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol...

Discus and support When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. What does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertArmstrong_657, Mar 18, 2023.

1. When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol...

When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. What does this mean and how do I correct this problem?

:)

RobertArmstrong_657, Mar 18, 2023

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Mar 18, 2023
  3. ShaneN17 Win User
    Duplicate D:\ drive

So my issue appears to be fixed and I did not end up having to format my D:\ drive.

What I did was click on the File Properties for the D:\ (with the Videos icon), not the one that is my DATA (D: ) which is the proper one, clicked on restore default location, said NO to the merge, then another window came up (which I think I might have said
    Yes to originally, which could be the original source of my problem - I know, this problem is a result of user error
    When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol... 011.gif
    ) and I said Yes (after fully reading it and understanding it this time. The second
    message is as follows (please ignore the name and the fact that it's to OneDrive, I obtained the picture from

Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations - Windows 10 Forums
    but the rest of the wording is what I saw).

When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol... [​IMG]

This seemed to disconnect (or what ever the heck was happening) the two listed D: drives. DATA (D: ) is normal. I still had D:\ with the videos icon kicking around. I made attempts to include this in the C:\User\...\Videos folder and then ended up with sub
    folders. Not EXACTLY sure where in the process of what I did fixed it, but at one point I closed the File Explorer window and when I reopened it everything was back to normal.

Normal DATA (D: ), Normal Videos folder in the proper location and no subfolder, and no random D:\ drive with the Videos icon. Did a full shut down and restart and everything is looking as it should!

No formatting of the D: drive either, so that's a bonus!

Thanks for the suggestion though, it was definitely my next step if I wasn't able to fix it otherwise.

ShaneN17, Mar 18, 2023
  4. When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol...

D drive

We'd like to ask few questions so we can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an external drive as your D drive?
    • Can you show us a screenshot of your File explorer?
    • When you say "something will come up and be like "Drive Removed", is this the actual error message?

Raymond Ave, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol...

1. When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol... - Similar Threads - Drive File explorer

2. When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol...: When I look at my d Drive with File explorer I get a D Drive with the normal drive symbol with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. What does this mean and how do I correct this problem?...
  3. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  4. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive d is not showing in my file explorer: Today when I opened my pc.. It was taking so much time to start! I waited for an hour...but nothing happened I tried force shutdown and then tried to restarted it.. It start somehow.. But i found in my file explorer d drive was missing.. And when I checked disk management...
  5. Drive d is not showing in my file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. i lost my d drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i lost my d drive: my laptop come with a C: and D: but when i shutdown my pc my D: was missing pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-d-drive/b2aa63e0-8424-418c-980a-80a54c5d98bf
  7. My D Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My D Drive: So I was using my laptop and suddenly boom, my entire D drive went missing. Tried restarting and turning pc on and off and the D drive is still missing. Please help. submitted by /u/TheUniqueUsernameLOL [link] [comments]...
  8. My Local Disk D drive is looked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Local Disk D drive is looked: Hi, I recently did a recovery on my surface pro 3 because it was slow so I thought about it's time to reinstall windows. However, after the recovery was done, my local disk D got locked. My C drive shows an icon of an open silver lock, however my local disk D drive shows a...
  9. Drive D

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive D: I don't have a D Drive, I think Im suppose to have one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/drive-d/7c9b1ef1-b701-4dc9-b8d9-46d3b6359bbd
  10. file explorer crashes when accessing d: drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    file explorer crashes when accessing d: drive: File Explorer is set to open in the Quick Access window. When I click on This PC, file explorer closes and the screen momentarily goes blank. When I type "D:" in the address window, the same thing happens. When I type "C:", I can see the C drive. I suspect something is...