Windows 10: When I move a desktop icon to center of screen it snaps right back to where it was. Any ideas?

Discus and support When I move a desktop icon to center of screen it snaps right back to where it was. Any ideas? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I believe I changed a setting accidentally.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by curtisseay, Nov 12, 2018.

1. When I move a desktop icon to center of screen it snaps right back to where it was. Any ideas?

I believe I changed a setting accidentally.

:)

curtisseay, Nov 12, 2018

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 12, 2018
  3. How to start File Explorer snapped to the left and right?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to use snap function. We will help you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better I would like to know whether you are able to use the feature in On Screen key board. Did you try the same using another keyboard?

I suggest you to follow the steps to open On Screen Keyboard.

• Right Click on Windows Logo.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Or, you may use the On Screen Keyboard.
    • Right Click on Windows, Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Ease of access center.
    • Click on Screen Keyboard.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists in the new account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 Insider Preview. Back up the files and programs before creating new user account.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 12, 2018
  4. When I move a desktop icon to center of screen it snaps right back to where it was. Any ideas?

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

When I move a desktop icon to center of screen it snaps right back to where it was. Any ideas?

1. When I move a desktop icon to center of screen it snaps right back to where it was. Any ideas? - Similar Threads - move desktop icon

2. Cursor Snap to Top Center when I move to the right edge window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor Snap to Top Center when I move to the right edge window.: I keep having my cursor automatically snaps into the mid top edge window when I drag them to the most right edges of the window. Videos attached.Recording 2023-03-18 131411.mp4I ran dsim, sfc, e.t.c to no avail...Any idea how to fix this? issues persist after downloading KB...
  3. Cursor Snap to Top Center when I move to the right edge window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor Snap to Top Center when I move to the right edge window.: I keep having my cursor automatically snaps into the mid top edge window when I drag them to the most right edges of the window. Videos attached.Recording 2023-03-18 131411.mp4I ran dsim, sfc, e.t.c to no avail...Any idea how to fix this? issues persist after downloading KB...
  4. My laptop icons move when I move my desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop icons move when I move my desktop icons: So when I download a new app, or move an existing icon on one device(desktop), it does the same thing on the other device(laptop). It’s getting kind of annoying and I want the 2 devices to keep their own apps independently, so does anyone know how to help? Much appreciated....
  5. Problem when I Right Click on a Desktop Icon or on any file

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem when I Right Click on a Desktop Icon or on any file: I have just sat and read through all 27 pages in case someone had already posted about my problem, but this is not the case. I upgraded to 20H2 yesterday. All very painless and relatively fast. However, I have a problem that when I Right Click on a Desktop Icon or on any...
  6. screen has moved to the right...how to re-center it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen has moved to the right...how to re-center it?: How to re-center the screen when it has moved to the right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-has-moved-to-the-righthow-to-re-center-it/fa19d65b-266b-410d-a5dc-c64ba8e1658c
  7. Positioning icons or folders on desktop where snap to grid is disabled.

Positioning icons or folders on desktop where snap to grid is disabled.: I'm looking for a way to disable the snap to grid when positioning icons or folders on the desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/positioning-icons-or-folders-on-desktop-where-snap/64b285c4-9989-43bf-8048-3d5f665ec77f
  8. Icons moving from right side of desktop

Icons moving from right side of desktop: [ATTACH] Hi, maybe someone had the same issue as me. Since Windows XP I always had my trash on the right bottom corner of the destkop. And everytime I move some icon to the right side, after restart it moves to the left (as you can see in the picture, my trash is moved...
  9. Any idea what this icon is?

Any idea what this icon is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Speedy_Panda [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds1ypg/any_idea_what_this_icon_is/
  10. desktop icons snap to grid

desktop icons snap to grid: How do I change the setting that causes the desktop icons to snap to grid, so I can place them randomly? I have Windows 10 Home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-snap-to-grid/272125f9-7cd0-41eb-97ba-c20677f665ac