Windows 10: When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old...

Discus and support When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was moving my game files to the D drive, since I have more space there. But when I pasted them on the new location, The same files reappeared on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aptmass, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Aptmass Win User

When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old...

I was moving my game files to the D drive, since I have more space there. But when I pasted them on the new location, The same files reappeared on the old destination.

Does anyone know how to not make them reappear again?

:)

Aptmass, Aug 3, 2020
  2. JanaDyck Win User

move files from my C drive to an external hard drive.

what steps do I take to move files from my C drive to an external hard drive. My C drive is almost full.

JanaDyck, Aug 3, 2020
  3. moving movie files

i installed a new hdd, installed windows 7 64 bit, did all updates. after that was done i hooked up the old hdd that was from a motherboard that went bad. i have 1.5TB of video files stored on the old hdd. i see the video files, but how do i move them to my d drive? i right click the file and go to send to but there is no option to send to d drive. i really need to move the files to my d drive. how do i do this? i am all confused. thanks in advance. sam

Samdbugman, Aug 3, 2020
  4. scopio Win User

When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old...

Moving Public Folder to another drive

I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space.
    The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files in the
    C:\Users\Public\SongPro5 folder and does not give the option to be installed software
    on another drive.
    I have searched the web if and how the Public folder can be moved to another drive and found that it can be done using the following steps;

1. COPY (don’t MOVE) the C:\USERS\PUBLIC folder to a different disk or partition
    2. Click the START button and type REGEDIT (not case sensitive) and press enter
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS NT > CURRENT VERSION > PROFILE LIST
    4. Double click on PUBLIC
    5. Correct the path
    6. Reboot the PC
    7. Go to C:\USERS\PUBLIC and delete everything
    Can someone here please confirm if the SongPro software is installed in C:\Users\Programs File (x86) (the SSD) and the path Public\SongPro5 folder moved to another folder will work?

When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old... [​IMG]

When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old... [​IMG]

scopio, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. When I move a file from my C Drive to another drive, The moved file reappears on the old... - Similar Threads - move file Drive

2. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  3. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  4. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to move windows from one drive to another or move Program files off C drive

How to move windows from one drive to another or move Program files off C drive: Hi, my pc has three drives a 2TB HDDD, a 112Gb 2.5" SSDC and a 500Gb m.2E drive. Stupidly I downloaded windows onto my C drive and all of my program files are stored on there too. it has got to the point where I have no storage left on that drive despite having nothing else...
  6. How to move windows from one drive to another or move Program files off C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move windows from one drive to another or move Program files off C drive: Hi, my pc has three drives a 2TB HDDD, a 112Gb 2.5" SSDC and a 500Gb m.2E drive. Stupidly I downloaded windows onto my C drive and all of my program files are stored on there too. it has got to the point where I have no storage left on that drive despite having nothing else...
  7. How to move windows from one drive to another or move Program files off C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10...moving files from C: to another drive

Windows 10...moving files from C: to another drive: My C: drive is relatively small, and I have a huge D: drive that is unused. What files/groups can I move safely from C to D without losing the support of Windows 10 updates?...
  9. Files moved from C: drive to external drive

Files moved from C: drive to external drive: H! My 13-year-old decided to make space on the computer by dragging files from the c: drive to an external drive. Now all the file paths are messed up. I don't know what he moved from where exactly and I don't want to just drag things back and make things worse. We are not...
  10. How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive: Hello Peepz My first post so hello to all. I have a windows 10 pc (x64) hence me joining the community ;-) I have a samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD ( C Drive ) & a Seagate FireCuda SSHD 1TB ( D drive ) I'm in a predicament where my kids play a lot of games on the PC, Fortnite being...