Windows 10: When I open a folder I have to click on the Maximize button to see the window full size.

Discus and support When I open a folder I have to click on the Maximize button to see the window full size. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; New windows, folders and files usually open in a small size. In order to see the full screen I have to click on the Maximize button. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kram86, Jul 1, 2019.

1. kram86 Win User

When I open a folder I have to click on the Maximize button to see the window full size.

New windows, folders and files usually open in a small size. In order to see the full screen I have to click on the Maximize button. How do I fix this?

:)

kram86, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Jacko28 Win User

When I open a folder I have to click on the Maximize button to see the window full size.

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. When I open a folder I have to click on the Maximize button to see the window full size. - Similar Threads - open folder click

2. I have a tab open that isn’t full screen. I can see the red, yellow, green buttons, but I’m...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a tab open that isn’t full screen. I can see the red, yellow, green buttons, but I’m...: Mac question. I have a tab open in partial screen. I can’t scroll to select the red yellow or green button. I can’t scroll off of this tab at all. The cursor is stuck within it. Just happened randomly...
  3. I have a tab open that isn’t full screen. I can see the red, yellow, green buttons, but I’m...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a tab open that isn’t full screen. I can see the red, yellow, green buttons, but I’m...: Mac question. I have a tab open in partial screen. I can’t scroll to select the red yellow or green button. I can’t scroll off of this tab at all. The cursor is stuck within it. Just happened randomly...
  4. I can not see the sort button when I double click the view at the toolbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not see the sort button when I double click the view at the toolbar: I can not see the sort button when I double click the view at the toolbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-see-the-sort-button-when-i-double-click/d84d4c13-3f0a-4bdb-a474-4b8fdce4e3c8
  5. I can not see the sort button when I double click the view at the toolbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not see the sort button when I double click the view at the toolbar: I can not see the sort button when I double click the view at the toolbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-see-the-sort-button-when-i-double-click/d84d4c13-3f0a-4bdb-a474-4b8fdce4e3c8
  6. Windows opening explorer when i click on a folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows opening explorer when i click on a folder: Hey guys, i just got a problem, that everytime i try to open a folder windows opens the explorer instead. If i try to open something in the explorer window he just opens another window submitted by /u/Slyrenn [link] [comments]...
  7. I have a search page open that suddenly went to FULL SIZE, I think

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a search page open that suddenly went to FULL SIZE, I think: as I have lost the tabs at the top and etc. How to I get back to regular size? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-search-page-open-that-suddenly-went-to/4623a2c8-c179-45c0-b26d-00315269bf18
  8. When I click on start button it also opens search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I click on start button it also opens search: Hey, just updated to windows 2004 and whenever I try to click on start button or use the start key on my keyboard it also opens the new search windows on top of the start and I can't use start since that happens. Any fixes are appreciated :) submitted by /u/lokwaniyash...
  9. Can't click buttons in opened window/ when I click I'm clicking desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click buttons in opened window/ when I click I'm clicking desktop.: So, any software I have opened on the left screen- it does this. When I click anything that is down, affects 30% of the screen, I click on the desktop, even though the window is full screen....
  10. Unable to open folders when I double click.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open folders when I double click.: Except for photos, whenever I double click on a file in a folder, I get the rotating donut and the file never opens. This happens for Word, PPT, Excel at least. It's not the mouse since doube click on photos in the folders opens the photo up immediately. It also happens...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i open a folder i have to click on the maximize button to see the window full size.