Windows 10: when I open a game my taskbar and the top bar is still up

Discus and support when I open a game my taskbar and the top bar is still up in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I want to know how to close the top bar and the task bar it gets anoying and i dont know how to close it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by CalebGruszynski, Feb 8, 2021.

1. when I open a game my taskbar and the top bar is still up

I want to know how to close the top bar and the task bar it gets anoying and i dont know how to close it

:)

CalebGruszynski, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

want to open game bar, but win+G repeatedly asks if "want to open game bar?"

Hi Sabinscabin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in fix problems with Game bar
    on Windows 10
    and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Feb 8, 2021
  3. lx07 Win User
    Taskbar at top of screen - Some apps' title-bars open UNDERNEATH

I only get it with apps that were previously using the space the taskbar was going to use before it was moved to the top. For example with HWMonitor put it to the top of screen when task bar is at bottom:

when I open a game my taskbar and the top bar is still up [​IMG]

Close app and then move taskbar to top

Open HWMonitor and it remembers its old position (the top is hidden under the taskbar)

Resize (here I just made it narrower) and the top jumps so it is no longer under the taskbar and will not go under it again.

So perhaps moving the taskbar like you are is perpetuating the problem.

Try making your app not full screen and in the middle of the screen. Close it then move taskbar to top. Then open your app again.

Interestingly the taskbar properties box goes over the taskbar if taskbar is at the top and under it if the taskbar is at the bottom but that is another story...

lx07, Feb 8, 2021
  4. when I open a game my taskbar and the top bar is still up

Pressing the letter G open Game bar

Hi,

As per the information, it seems that you might have pressed on Windows key + G to open Game bar. I suggest that you use the follow the steps below and check if it helps

To Turn Off Game Bar in Xbox app

1. Open the Xbox app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings icon on the left, click/tap on
    Game DVR at the top, and turn off the
    Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR setting at the top.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

when I open a game my taskbar and the top bar is still up

1. when I open a game my taskbar and the top bar is still up - Similar Threads - open game taskbar

2. When will I be able to put the Taskbar at the top? When?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will I be able to put the Taskbar at the top? When?: When???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-i-be-able-to-put-the-taskbar-at-the-top/33d90642-d081-4140-8176-ecc092701149
  3. My taskbar show up when i aim down in a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar show up when i aim down in a game.: My taskbar show up when i aim down in a game. I got 2 monitors.i got the hidden task bar setting activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-show-up-when-i-aim-down-in-a-game/5a305def-b200-4f5a-942e-a705b3840e70
  4. Black bar on top of screen when starting games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black bar on top of screen when starting games: Every time i start a game no matter what game is, it shows this huge black bar on top of the screen. I have all the drivers up to date and today is the first time i've seen this happen. It goes away after some time 10-15 secThe game is on my native resolution of 1366x768 and...
  5. When Taskbar is on top, the opened-programs' highlight lines are still on top

in Windows 10 Customization
    When Taskbar is on top, the opened-programs' highlight lines are still on top: When the taskbar is set to top of the screen, the opened-programs highlight lines are still on top of the icons . [ATTACH] The best case would be to have a setting to specify whether they should be on top or at the bottom . But while there is no such, is it possible to...
  6. When Taskbar is on top, the opened-pinned-programs' highlight lines are still on top

When Taskbar is on top, the opened-pinned-programs' highlight lines are still on top: When the taskbar is set to top of the screen, the opened-pinned-programs highlight lines are still on top of the icons . The best case would be to have a setting to specify whether they should be on top of the icons or at the bottom . But while there is no such, is it...
  7. The Chromium Search Bar is still at the top of my screen

The Chromium Search Bar is still at the top of my screen: I downloaded Chromium a few months ago and it left this search bar at the top of my screen. I didn't like the search bar so I deleted it and it was still there. I have restarted, shut down, and have done everything I could to make it go away. It's getting really annoying and...
  8. Title bar and taskbar showing up in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and taskbar showing up in games: Today I installed Enter the Gungeon and Sea of Thieves because of xbox play anywhere. I have the same problem in both games where if I bring my mouse to the top of the screen it shows the title bar and if I drag it to the bottom of the screen it brings up the taskbar. Is...
  9. Taskbar STILL not always on top!

Taskbar STILL not always on top!: This is an issue that has bugged me for years. Windows still cover autohidden taskbar! When the taskbar is hidden, and any window is maximized or snapped, the mouse is sometimes unable to trigger the taskbar. I have to shrink the window before the mouse can touch the...
  10. Taskbar at top of screen - Some apps' title-bars open UNDERNEATH

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar at top of screen - Some apps' title-bars open UNDERNEATH: First post: hope it's in the right category... Just as the description states; I am using a Mac-style dock at the bottom of my WinX desktop and therefore have my taskbar located at the top of the screen. I am having an irritating issue from time-to-time, with the...