Windows 10: When I open a menu drop box in any application the application selects the last item in the...

Discus and support When I open a menu drop box in any application the application selects the last item in the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I open file explorer in Windows 10, the list opens and drops to the last entry. When I open Program Features/uninstall in Windows 10, the list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardSigrist, Jun 27, 2019.

1. When I open a menu drop box in any application the application selects the last item in the...

When I open file explorer in Windows 10, the list opens and drops to the last entry.

When I open Program Features/uninstall in Windows 10, the list opens and drops to the last entry.

When I attempt to map a drive from Explorer, it fills in the last entry of the last map address.

Within the Print command the last printer in my list of available printers is selected (and cannot be changed).

In addition, when opening multiple tabs in the browser, windows 10 jumps thru each window as though Alt-Tab is being pressed.

On startup, before entering the sign in data, the date time continuously scrolls upward.

This has just started in the last day or two (June 26, 2019).

I checked the mouse/keyboards and docking stations and no impact.

Performs the same way when the HP EliteBook is just powered with battery and no external devices.

Could not select items from the drop down list on this page - could only use the up/down arrow to select.

What to do?

:)

RichardSigrist, Jun 27, 2019
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Asylum Win User
    Newegg Open Box Items

Heres the policy
    Open Box

This is our Detailed Open Box Item Return Policy. Newegg often sells items that are listed as "open-box." Because these items are sold at greatly reduced prices, they are subject to this limited 30 day non-replaceable returns policy. Such items can only be returned within 30 days of the applicable invoice date. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA. Newegg cannot provide replacement service for these items, as their stock is limited. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of these items is with the buyer. These items have been tested for functionality, but may have superficial physical defects including, but not limited to, scratches, dings or dents. Should these items exhibit a functional defect following their purchase, the buyer (not the manufacturer, distributor, or Newegg) assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repairs, unless otherwise required by law. These items are not covered by any 30-day satisfaction guarantee.

If you purchase an Open-Box product you will receive an OEM or BAREBONE item, meaning you will only receive the item itself. Accessories are NOT INCLUDED with Open-Box products, even if the missing accessory is required for the item to function properly.

Asylum, Jun 27, 2019
  4. tdehan Win User

When I open a menu drop box in any application the application selects the last item in the...

Open With opens with different application then the one selected

Can someone please provide the steps to fix this? This is maddening!

I just upgraded to Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 and now it doesn't even show up in the list of Open With applications.

I don't want Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to be the default application to open image files as I use numerous different applications to work on my images. I just want it to be an option in the Open With list.

How do I get Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to show up in the list of Open With applications and how do I confirm that when I select it to open a file it actually opens instead of some different application.

Thanks

tdehan, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

When I open a menu drop box in any application the application selects the last item in the...

1. When I open a menu drop box in any application the application selects the last item in the... - Similar Threads - open menu drop

2. When I open any application it gets laggy for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I open any application it gets laggy for no reason: When I open any application it gets so laggy and looks like it only does 2 frames per second. This had randomly started happening the other day. I tried factory resetting it and that seems to have done nothing. I have updated the driver and still did not help with anything. I...
  3. When I open any application it gets laggy for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open any application it gets laggy for no reason: When I open any application it gets so laggy and looks like it only does 2 frames per second. This had randomly started happening the other day. I tried factory resetting it and that seems to have done nothing. I have updated the driver and still did not help with anything. I...
  4. When I open any application it gets laggy for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internet/Network drops when opening any application.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet/Network drops when opening any application.: Good evening! I have spent the last few hours trying to find a pattern to my internet disconnects and found a connection, but have no idea how to use this info to solve the problem. My internet keeps losing connection. This only occurs on my pc and laptop windows 10 and...
  6. i cannot select any applications on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cannot select any applications on the desktop.: hi, I'm wondering how I can have my desktop useable again because I cannot right click to change the wallpaper, etc. using right click and i cannot move my applications anywhere as well. the only thing I can use is the task bar at the bottom and I don't know how I got to it...
  7. internet disconnects when open any application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet disconnects when open any application: Hello, As soon as I open any application on my pc my downloads keep disconnecting. My Internet connection itself is not effect by it, at least it doesn't show any form of disconnect in windows, it is just the download that dcs. If I use a download manager you can see that...
  8. 1000 CMD OPENING WHEN RUNNING ANY APPLICATION

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    1000 CMD OPENING WHEN RUNNING ANY APPLICATION: Hello,i am stucked at a problem where i run anything some or unlimited cmd's opens with the location of Documents folder or System 32.I think it's a virus but i have 3 antivirus installed but unfortunately that dosen't worked and also a notepad opened and has a commanbd like...
  9. For any application that I open, instead of showing a small thumbnail of that application...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For any application that I open, instead of showing a small thumbnail of that application...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kurama5598 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipe8gd/for_any_application_that_i_open_instead_of/
  10. Multiscreen: Opening application in selected screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiscreen: Opening application in selected screen: Hello I got 4 screens installed on my system. Each of them is used for a different application. Before last win update, every time I opened an application like Excel of Google Chrome it opened in the last screen before it was closed. Now I can't select they all opened on...