Windows 10: When I open a photo with the "Photos" app on windows, it will always crash

Discus and support When I open a photo with the "Photos" app on windows, it will always crash in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The photo takes about 10 seconds to open and the photos app kind of crashes. It eventually opens, but the photo isn't there. I've set it to black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Paddy32, Aug 27, 2020.

1. When I open a photo with the "Photos" app on windows, it will always crash

The photo takes about 10 seconds to open and the photos app kind of crashes. It eventually opens, but the photo isn't there. I've set it to black background. Is this a Windows problem ?

I build my PC 2 weeks ago with a fresh OS Windows 10 install via a paid product key. Everything is up to date. I haven't installed lots of software a part from stuff like Steam, NVIDIA Geforce (for the drivers) and some games.

Why does this happen ? Anyone know how to fix ?

On my old PC i used to use Picasa Photo Viewer and it worked really well. Now I'm stuck with this Windows default app and it's working like garbage at the moment.

I sometimes will get this error message after the app doesn't open / crashes : https://imgur.com/a/ezNY0eG

In case someone asks here's my PC specs (I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware problem):

Build specs :

-Motherboard: MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK WIFI

-CPU : Ryzen 7 3700X

-GPU : EVGA GTX 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0

-Ram : Corsair LPX 2x16Go 3200Mhz

-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 (idle temperature = 35°C)

-PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 850W 80+ Platinum

-Storage: NVMe M.2 1to (+1 SSD +1 HDD)

-Case : Fractal Design Meshify C + 2 extra stock fans

submitted by /u/Paddy32
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Paddy32, Aug 27, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening

May I suggest an alternative : Restore Windows Photo Viewer
    How to Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

davidhk, Aug 27, 2020
  3. ben201 Win User
    Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Aug 27, 2020
  4. abn505 Win User

When I open a photo with the "Photos" app on windows, it will always crash

Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

When I open a photo with the "Photos" app on windows, it will always crash

1. When I open a photo with the "Photos" app on windows, it will always crash - Similar Threads - open photo Photos

2. Photo app changes photo on opening it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app changes photo on opening it.: I am a photographer and only just bought an acer aspire 5 with windows 11. I noticed that every time I open a RAW photo in the photos app it appears the right colours and shades first then changes the entire photo to a darker one like it was being modified. unfortunately I am...
  3. Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open: When i open my photos app or the default video editor, it just waits for a couple of seconds the windows turns black and crashes.I have tried everything: reseting the app, using the troubleshooter,reinstalling the appCould somebody help me with this?...
  4. Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open: When i open my photos app or the default video editor, it just waits for a couple of seconds the windows turns black and crashes.I have tried everything: reseting the app, using the troubleshooter,reinstalling the appCould somebody help me with this?...
  5. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo microsoft app not openning photos: Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-microsoft-app-not-openning-photos/57eeae5d-c54b-452c-8f46-1a232234d956
  6. Photo app crashes when search photo file informations

Photo app crashes when search photo file informations: Hi. For a few days I have had a problem with the photos application on Windows 10 (20H2 SO 19042.630), which is as follows: The application works without problems, but when I try to see photo file information the application crashes. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled...
  7. Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos

Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos: I recieve pictures attached to emails frequently, and when I double-click to open them, more often than not, they do not open. It's the same situation if I'm browsing my photos in file explorer. I'm able to see the thumbnails of them, but when I double click them to open, the...
  8. windows photos app crashing when searching for photos.

windows photos app crashing when searching for photos.: Hi all My windows photos app is crashing when trying to search for photo's on my Iphone 11 , I am only trying to take around 1500 photos from it and still crashes. I see i am not the only one having this problem. I have tried everything to get it up and running. any...
  9. Photos App crashes when importing photos

Photos App crashes when importing photos: I recently got a new PC and when i am trying to import my photos from my Iphone Xs max, the app freezes to '3081 items found so far" and all i want are my photos on my pc. Can someone please help...
  10. windows crashing when scrolling photos in app

in Windows 10 Support
    windows crashing when scrolling photos in app: When scrolling photos I get a message saying windows needs to restart. Gives error message "driver corrupted expool" All device seem OK in system manager - nothing flagged up. Any ideas please. 13550