Windows 10: when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open

Discus and support when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open it goes away and I have to click on it again to keep it open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeCooper3, Oct 12, 2019.

1. when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open

when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open it goes away and I have to click on it again to keep it open

:)

GeorgeCooper3, Oct 12, 2019
  2. gasolin Win User

winstore.mobile.exe keep opening by itself in windows 10

winstore.mobile.exe opens by itself in windows 10 64 bit, how do i delete winstore.mobile.exe or keep it from aut opening and stay minimized in my taskbar?

gasolin, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 12, 2019
  4. chadwick0 Win User

when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open

1. when i open a window from the taskbar it will not stay open - Similar Threads - open window taskbar

2. Windows 11 Turn off Taskbar staying open when an app turns orange.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Turn off Taskbar staying open when an app turns orange.: Pretty much as the title says, whenever an app turns orange such as on boot or when an update finishes or a message is received the app will turn orange and the task bar will not hide until I click on it.I'd like the task bar to hide as normal even with these orange apps....
  3. Photos not staying open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos not staying open: I cannot get my photos to remain open in windows 10. This has only just started. I click to open and after few seconds it reverts back.This applies to all photos be it on hard drive, onedrive or dropboxI did a windows upgrade yesterday. Could this have something to do with...
  4. Powershell window open and close when i try top open some settings from taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell window open and close when i try top open some settings from taskbar: From the taskbar, when try to open network & internet settings, battery settings, and probably other links that open a setting window in windows 10, it opens a powershell window for 1 sec and it close. And the window that I want does not opens. I tried : DISM /Online...
  5. I can't open Google Chrome, it just stays in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open Google Chrome, it just stays in the taskbar: I open google chrome and it stays on the taskbar and when I click it doesn't go into full screen its still their because I can see the chrome page when I hover over! Before you ask I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing cookies and caches and the issue is only...
  6. Taskbar Search window stays Open with Administrator Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Search window stays Open with Administrator Command Prompt: [img] Hi, Is anyone else seeing this? After searching from the Taskbar and opening the Administrator Command Prompt this is what Ive lately started to see. Im wondering if its just something that happens in 1909. I have seen it before and it is also happening now after a...
  7. When I open Calendar from Taskbar, events are not displaying

When I open Calendar from Taskbar, events are not displaying: The events are not showing in the Calendar when I open it from the Taskbar. But they are shown in the calendar app. This behaviour makes problems and I want to fix it....
  8. failure of windows features to open or stay open.

failure of windows features to open or stay open.: None of my Windows apps stay open. If I double click an image, windows media opens it, then closes it in a few seconds. Same with Windows browser. My computer wont display notifications. The power options do not stay open. What's going on? I've turned off computer, turned it...
  9. website stay open

website stay open: why do my websites return after i turn my computer off and on thought, they close automatically THANK YOU TIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-stay-open/384715ac-ae77-4ecc-b892-61c8607853e7
  10. New window not Active when opening from Taskbar

New window not Active when opening from Taskbar: We have encountered an issue with Dell E7490 laptops. After the units are imaged, if you open a program, like the command prompt by Clicking on the Windows' button, and typing CMD, when the application opens, it's not "Active". You have to click on the application to make...