Windows 10: When i open any apps on windows (such as hwinfo) i will be able to see it but then it will...

Discus and support When i open any apps on windows (such as hwinfo) i will be able to see it but then it will... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I restarted my pc about an hour ago and thats when i started having this issue. I cant even open the control panel without it freezing and closing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tomstclair, Mar 27, 2021.

1. When i open any apps on windows (such as hwinfo) i will be able to see it but then it will...

I restarted my pc about an hour ago and thats when i started having this issue. I cant even open the control panel without it freezing and closing. Things like discord and chrome will stay open and work so what has happened? Also, i have tried uninstalling the windows version i updated to but thats about all i've done. I took off some overclocks but nothing happened.

Specs:

3600XT

1050 TI

16gb Ddr4

550W PSU

Thanks for the help!

submitted by /u/tomstclair
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tomstclair, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. When i open any apps on windows (such as hwinfo) i will be able to see it but then it will... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

When i open any apps on windows (such as hwinfo) i will be able to see it but then it will...

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

When i open any apps on windows (such as hwinfo) i will be able to see it but then it will... [​IMG]

When i open any apps on windows (such as hwinfo) i will be able to see it but then it will... [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

When i open any apps on windows (such as hwinfo) i will be able to see it but then it will...

1. When i open any apps on windows (such as hwinfo) i will be able to see it but then it will... - Similar Threads - open apps such

2. When I try to open any app it launches minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open any app it launches minecraft: Most of the desktop icon are appearing as minecraft icon and when I try to launch an app it launches only minecraft instead. I am not able to restore my windows...
  3. When I try to open any app it launches minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to open any app it launches minecraft: Most of the desktop icon are appearing as minecraft icon and when I try to launch an app it launches only minecraft instead. I am not able to restore my windows...
  4. When I try to open any app it launches minecraft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i download da vinchi app now i can see the logo but when i open the application i see a...

i download da vinchi app now i can see the logo but when i open the application i see a...: i download da vinchi app now i can see the logo but when i open the application i see a trigger warning that says the procedure entry point LoadPackagedLibrary could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll...
  6. Whenever I open any app/.exe file I see this error 'Select an app to open this .exe file'....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open any app/.exe file I see this error 'Select an app to open this .exe file'....: Whenever I open any app/.exe file I see this error 'Select an app to open this .exe file'. I am unable to open regedit, PowerShell, etc. Please assist...
  7. Whenever I open any app/.exe file I see this error 'Select an app to open this .exe file'....

Whenever I open any app/.exe file I see this error 'Select an app to open this .exe file'....: Whenever I open any app/.exe file I see this error 'Select an app to open this .exe file'. I am unable to open regedit, PowerShell, etc. Please assist...
  8. Harddisk failure or not? Windows can't see it, hwinfo can see it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Harddisk failure or not? Windows can't see it, hwinfo can see it: I've tried the pool function in windows,and after a month something happened. Read errors occured, and I finally found ut that a drive was "error" (that's all, no warning or anything, I had to manually check the pool configuration to see this) I suspected that the drive had...
  9. Freezing when opening up the HWInfo software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing when opening up the HWInfo software: So, I have a fairly new machine with these specs: CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Super RAM: G.SKill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600, 18-19-19-42 PSU: Seasonic M12i 620 Watts Every time my system boots up, I usually fire up the HWInfo software so that I can...
  10. Would I be able to open any of these file formats?

Would I be able to open any of these file formats?: I want to purchase a 3D model, but the only formats provided are: SolidWorks 2014 (.sldprt, .sldasm, .slddrw) Other Parasolid IGES igs (.ige, .igs, .iges) PDF (.pdf) Would I be able to open and use any of these in MS 3D Builder? If not, what format do I need it in?...