Windows 10: When I open email get account settings are out of date.

Discus and support When I open email get account settings are out of date. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Email notice states your account settings are out of date. When I try to open fix window just get a continuous string of dots moving across screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by orvillefletcher1, Nov 16, 2020.

1. When I open email get account settings are out of date.

Email notice states your account settings are out of date. When I try to open fix window just get a continuous string of dots moving across screen. If I wait flowing dots never stop. How do I fix this?

:)

orvillefletcher1, Nov 16, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 16, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

When I open email get account settings are out of date.

email account is out of date problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receiving an error that the email account settings are out of date. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “when I go to verify them there is a password that I did not enter”, may I know the verify section that you are referring?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Your account settings are out-of-date in Mail or Calendar for Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

When I open email get account settings are out of date.

1. When I open email get account settings are out of date. - Similar Threads - open email account

2. Outlook email account settings out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook email account settings out of date.: outlook email setting out of date windows mobile 10. long standing issue which I cant find the answer to. This started last month on my device, I have tried many attempted fixes time date reset devise hard reset, delete account re add etc. Laptop and android device working as...
  3. Outlook email account settings out of date.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook email account settings out of date.: outlook email setting out of date windows mobile 10. long standing issue which I cant find the answer to. This started last month on my device, I have tried many attempted fixes time date reset devise hard reset, delete account re add etc. Laptop and android device working as...
  4. Email settings out of date

Email settings out of date: Every 2 days I get a notification on my desk top saying my email settings are out of date. I have windows 10 and Microsoft told me to reinstall Windows which I did . The notification which also appears on my live.co.uk mail account gives me the option to fix my settings. I...
  5. Email account settings out of date

Email account settings out of date: When I try to access my email It says my settings are out of date when I try to fix. I get an error code 0x8019019a https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-account-settings-out-of-date/8d7be33c-773e-4d0c-a8c0-deb8fdad03b8
  6. AOL Email Account Settings Out of Date

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL Email Account Settings Out of Date: Why does Windows not accept my valid AOL account login password for my AOL email account?When I click on "Fix Account" for the AOL account, I'm presented a panel for entering my email account password. I've tried entering the password several times. But moments after...
  7. Your Email Account Settings Are Out Of Date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Email Account Settings Are Out Of Date: My dad's Outlook email stopped working a couple days ago and I can't fix it. It says Email account settings are out of date. I click fix it and let it go for 6+ hours and it didn't do anything. I Googled around and changed the time and date settings like people said but it...
  8. Email settings are out of date

Email settings are out of date: I keep getting an error message ‘Your email settings are out of date”. I type in my password and the problem seems to be sorted out. But then, in a few days, it appears again. Help me with solution, please....
  9. Account Settings out of date on email problem

Account Settings out of date on email problem: I had to change the password on my att email today due to a possible hacker issue. After I changed the password, I also changed it on my yahoo account. After I rebooted my computer and tried to access email, I got an error msg stating "account settings are out of date". The...
  10. Your email account settings are out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Your email account settings are out of date: Every day i get this alert even after i do the "fix" Your email account setting are out of date." Danielle TYiA *Smile 61627