Windows 10: When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo.

Discus and support When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo. I just get the default icon. How can I see the photo without opening it? The file extensions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joeshmoe997, Apr 11, 2020.

1. When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo.

When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo. I just get the default icon. How can I see the photo without opening it? The file extensions are almost all .jpg
    I am using windows 10

:)

Joeshmoe997, Apr 11, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Photo Icons in the Picture Folders

Hi,

Misconfigured view settings is on of the usual reasons why it is not displaying the actual photo. We suggest checking the settings of your folder to make sure it show the icons, instead of the thumbnail. Kindly follow the steps below to check it:

• Open Picture folder.
    • Choose View tab at the top, then click the (Square icon) Options as shown on the picture below:
      When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo. acdc00f8-fb41-47d4-960e-166f8c7715e3.png
    • Click View tab, put a check mark on the box beside the
      Always show icons, never thumbnails. See picture below:

When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo. 25255605-64c1-4d21-92f9-f2dcf1a0791d.png
    • Close the folder, and check if you will be able to see the display picture for each icon.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 11, 2020
  4. When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo.

adding picture folders to the Photo app

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to add albums to your Photos application. However, the option to select multiple folders and turn them into albums within the Photos application is currently unavailable.

However you can select individual folders and add them to an album. I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned below and see if it is helpful for you, before proceeding with the steps make sure to move all the folders containing your personal
    photos to Pictures folder:

1. Open
    Photos application.

2. Click on the ‘Folders’ tab.

3. Select ‘Add a folder’ option.(Select and add the Pictures folder)

4. Now click on the ‘Pictures’ folder. ( All the folder that you have added will be visible)

5. Now click on the any folders that you have added and select ‘New album’ option, set a name to the album and click on ‘Done’. (You will have to
    open each folder that you have added in the ‘Pictures’ folder and create a
    New album)

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo.

1. When I open My Picture folder, I can't preview any photo. - Similar Threads - open Picture folder

2. When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder: When I open a photo on the desktop only on the desktop not in folders the pictures below in the preview are pictures that are not in the desktop anymore and inmediately tries to open them and fails because there are not there. Is there a way to refresh the previews refreshing...
  3. When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder: When I open a photo on the desktop only on the desktop not in folders the pictures below in the preview are pictures that are not in the desktop anymore and inmediately tries to open them and fails because there are not there. Is there a way to refresh the previews refreshing...
  4. When I open a photo the icons of the preview below are pictures that are not in the same folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. photos folder. when I click on it I can't see the actual pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    photos folder. when I click on it I can't see the actual pictures: Hi folks, just signed up. When I click on my photos folder I can't see the actual photos, only a blue 'mountain symbol. I have a new laptop and have had no trouble like this on my previous laptops. Please can anyone tell me what I have to do to see them properly? Thank you :)...
  6. I can't open any of my folders

I can't open any of my folders: I can't open any of my folders!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-of-my-folders/4a3f16f4-bae6-4dd3-a221-2d082d037e09
  7. I Can't open any folder on my pc

I Can't open any folder on my pc: i cant open any folder and i cant connect to internet i cant open cd or usb and also cant restor please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-any-folder-on-my-pc/d93bf450-8302-43f8-9f99-bf81a4bb07da
  8. Photos app can't open files in This PC > Pictures folder

Photos app can't open files in This PC > Pictures folder: When I try to open any image file in This PC > Pictures using Photos, I get this error message [ATTACH] This also applies to any subfolders inside This PC > Pictures. However, if I navigate to Users > Owner > Pictures, all of the files open normally....
  9. i cannot open the default photos app of my laptop when i click on any picture (the app...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cannot open the default photos app of my laptop when i click on any picture (the app...: on my pc the default app of photos is not working It isn't opening when I click on any picture it doesn't open and there is text appeared in which the app didn't start is written please help me how to solve this problem....
  10. Can't open any pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open any pictures: I can't open any pictures and get the file system error -2147219194 on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cant-open-any-pictures/57fd3960-9e49-4fb9-ac31-be53d02d5b3b