Windows 10: When i open my settings it flickes then closes

Discus and support When i open my settings it flickes then closes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So yesterday i restarted my computer, then I picked wrong language. I was going to open my settings it flicked and it closes or crashes. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Benjamin Asp, Nov 25, 2020.

1. When i open my settings it flickes then closes

So yesterday i restarted my computer, then I picked wrong language. I was going to open my settings it flicked and it closes or crashes. I have been searching how to fix it and i have tried almost every video. And nothing works i have downloaded a Microsoft troubleshooter and it says "All apps wasn't downloaded correctly". I usually use the troubleshooter in the settings but i couldn't access it. So i downloaded a Microsoft troubleshooter from MajorGeeks. I don't know if it works, but if someone knows how to fix it please reply.

:)

Benjamin Asp, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Pen flicks won't work at all for me after the fall update.

Hi Brown,

One possible reason why pen flicks won't work after the update is due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to properly set flick settings:

• Press Windows key + x, and select Control Panel.
    • Open Pen and Touch applet.
    • Touch the Flicks tab.
    • Ensure that the Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily is checked.
    • Set the Sensitivity slider to the left (Relaxed).
    • Touch Apply and OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Missing Flicks Tab

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the steps below to disable flicks.

• Open control panel by searching on the start menu.
    • Change View type to Small icons.
    • Click on Pen and Touch.
    • Under Flicks tab uncheck
      Use flicks to perform common action quickly and easily

If you are still not able to find the options, try to update the pen drivers from the manufacturer website.

If you have a Surface pen, you can try to
    surface pen troubleshooting

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

When i open my settings it flickes then closes

Pen flicks won't work at all for me after the fall update.

We appreciated your response. To further assist you, we'd like to know the troubleshooting steps you've done aside from the we've provided.

In the meantime, you may try the following these steps below to troubleshoot your concern:

• Open Control Panel > Mobile PC > Pen and Input Devices.
    • On the Flicks tab, make sure you have selected the check box next to
      Use flicks to perform common actions quickly and easily
    • Use your finger or Stylus Pen instead of your Mouse.
    • Click the Pen Flicks icon on the taskbar to view the active directions you have selected for Navigational Flicks.
    • Use the Touch or Pen Flick on an application to confirm that Touch or Stylus Pen Flicks are working.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

When i open my settings it flickes then closes

1. When i open my settings it flickes then closes - Similar Threads - open settings flickes

2. when i open settings it opens but when i click on "system settings" it crashes immediately...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    when i open settings it opens but when i click on "system settings" it crashes immediately...: i tried to restart the pc and it didn't work what can I do to fix it? edit : it only happens on display setting but system settings automatically brings you there submitted by /u/maznivhooshim [link] [comments]...
  3. When I close my lid it closes Chrome

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I close my lid it closes Chrome: Any time I close the lid for my laptop it closes Chrome when it wakes from sleep. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-close-my-lid-it-closes-chrome/28be4e56-233b-444d-8c72-9d33d9a0a9da
  4. My settings app opens then closes

in Windows 10 Customization
    My settings app opens then closes: No fixes work, I can still access control panel, I have admin privileges too. I booted the computer in safe mode and something was still wrong. Please help...
  5. Windows settings open and then close

Windows settings open and then close: When I go into Windows settings I'll try to open Update & Security and ease of access, It will start to open but only flash open and then close. I must have screwed something up....
  6. When I open my start menu it just closes itself

When I open my start menu it just closes itself: Hi everyone, the problem I have with my windows start menu is that when I click on it, it opens, but when I try and click anything in it just closes itself....
  7. my computer crashes when i open or close some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer crashes when i open or close some games.: my computer specs are I7 4790k, gtx 1060 from msi, 16gb of DDR3 hyper x savage ram from kingston, NZXT kraken 62 cooler for my CPU, a seagate barracuda 1tb hdd, a axiom 750gb hdd, gigabyte gab85m mobo, EVGA supernova g3 1000w PSU. when i try to run some games like CoD BO2, AC...
  8. My computer re-opens when i close it why?

My computer re-opens when i close it why?: For the past few weeks almost everytime i close my computer it magically opens again for no reason and this only happens when i close it from my pc and not the power button and when i have a program running but everytime i close it,it takes 1-2 minutes closes my monitor...
  9. Accounts settings immediately closed whenever I open it

in Windows 10 Support
    Accounts settings immediately closed whenever I open it: Hello, I'm new member here. I wanted to ask about my problem after anniversary update. problem doesn't occured on Windows 10 previous build. Though it was happen before when I was on Windows 8.1, so I refresh windows and it worked again. But this time I didn't want to...
  10. Settings menu closes as soon as I open it. Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings menu closes as soon as I open it. Help?: I just recently downloaded Windows Ten today 7/29/2015 and I wanted to personalize my computer. I opened the start window and clicked settings. The window flashed up but then disappeared. It isn't showing up in my taskbar or in task manager. I tried accessing it from the tile...