Windows 10: when i open settings it opens but when i click on "system settings" it crashes immediately...

Discus and support when i open settings it opens but when i click on "system settings" it crashes immediately... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i tried to restart the pc and it didn't work what can I do to fix it? edit : it only happens on display setting but system settings automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maznivhooshim, Jan 12, 2021.

1. when i open settings it opens but when i click on "system settings" it crashes immediately...

i tried to restart the pc and it didn't work what can I do to fix it?

edit : it only happens on display setting but system settings automatically brings you there

submitted by /u/maznivhooshim
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maznivhooshim, Jan 12, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 12, 2021
  3. drpret Win User
    Unable to open settings app to view settings as it crashes

I am unable to open the settings app to view it and access it. It immediately crashes. This started only recently.

drpret, Jan 12, 2021
  4. when i open settings it opens but when i click on "system settings" it crashes immediately...

Unable to open Settings and Magnifier.

Hi Hans,

Did you made any changes to the system prior to the issue?

What exactly are you referring to ''the title appears on the bottom bar but will not open''?

Did you check for any pending updates? If not, follow the below steps to update the Windows.

• Press Windows key+ I to open the
      Settings.

• Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.

• Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

This issue may occur due to corrupt or missing Windows files.

You can also go to the Settings by pressing the windows
    key+ R. You may try to open the Settings with this shortcut and see if the options can be seen.

If the above suggestions doesn’t help, you may run the
    system maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue still persist.

Follow the below steps to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box on the task bar and then press
      Enter.

• Select Troubleshooting from the list.

• Click on view all in the left pan and select
      System maintenance troubleshooter.

• Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope you can open the Settings.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

when i open settings it opens but when i click on "system settings" it crashes immediately...

1. when i open settings it opens but when i click on "system settings" it crashes immediately... - Similar Threads - open settings opens

2. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.: I have tried opening Privacy Settings directly by using search instead but it doesn't open. If I go to settings first and then click on Privacy, the window just closes. Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?...
  3. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.: I have tried opening Privacy Settings directly by using search instead but it doesn't open. If I go to settings first and then click on Privacy, the window just closes. Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?...
  4. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome crashes immediately when I open it: When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do...
  6. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome crashes immediately when I open it: When I try to open chrome it crashes as soon as I open it. I have found a workaround to this where I rename chrome in the file explorer. As soon as I rename chrome it works fine for a bit then something goes wrong and it says the side configuration is wrong then I have to do...
  7. Chrome crashes immediately when I open it

8. When I try to open settings on windows 11 it just crashes immediately after

When I try to open settings on windows 11 it just crashes immediately after: My problem just started to happen today and I tried to see if restoro could help but I still have the same problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-settings-on-windows-11-it-just/87424dc3-0760-4b3c-a42b-e880f815ee89
  9. When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes

When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes: It's been like this for a while now. I was hoping I could get an official Microsoft solution for this because the new account method and the PowerShell/Command Prompt method aren't working. Does anyone have a useful fix?...
  10. When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes.

When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes.: So, I guess the last cumulative Windows 10 update broke the Settings app. I just debloated my system without breaking things. Last time I upgraded to Windows 10 2004 from 1903, and I've never had the problem with 1903. Last cumulative update probably broke the System tab in...