Windows 10: When I open settings, the logo comes on in the center and nothing else populates to allow...

Discus and support When I open settings, the logo comes on in the center and nothing else populates to allow... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open settings, the logo comes on in the center and nothing else populates to allow any changes. This occurred after the last update. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChuckSouzer, Dec 10, 2019.

1. When I open settings, the logo comes on in the center and nothing else populates to allow...

When I open settings, the logo comes on in the center and nothing else populates to allow any changes. This occurred after the last update. I can't even see updates so I can go back to the last update. Is there a fix?

:)

ChuckSouzer, Dec 10, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Netflix wont open Error code B2-F11 comes up

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • what is the complete error message?
    Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the latest version of Netflix app from window Store and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to check for the updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter MS-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security > Windows Update, and then select
      Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

When I open settings, the logo comes on in the center and nothing else populates to allow...

Unable to launch open Settings and Action Center in Windows 10

Hello Emmanuel,

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

From your description, I suspect that the issue seems to be temporary. Suggest you to shutdown your PC completely, then restart it after a while and then try to open settings to see if it responds.

If you want to open Control Panel, type Control Panel
    into the search bar on the task bar, and select the same from the list when it appears. Alternatively you can open
    Settings, through Start Menu or press Windows Key + R,
    then type ms-settings: into the run command and hit Enter. You can also type
    Control Panel in run command to open the same.

In case problem still persist, then try the below mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Use the DISM tool and System File Checker for repairing any missing or corrupted system files:

• Click Start.
    • Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with admin rights).
    • If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click
      Continue.
    • Type or copy paste the below command lines one by one into it and hit Enter:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter. Reboot your system to see if problem still occurs.

If you are able to open settings, I would suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Action Center as well as turn Notification On. To check follow the steps below:

Action Center

1. Click on the Start Menu and click on theSettings icon.

2. Then navigate to System>Notification and Action.

3. ClickTurn system icons on or off option, then slide the
    Action Center bar to ON.

Notification.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Arul_D, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

When I open settings, the logo comes on in the center and nothing else populates to allow...

1. When I open settings, the logo comes on in the center and nothing else populates to allow... - Similar Threads - open settings logo

2. Whenever I open Device Manager, the Network adapters list is expanded when nothing else is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open Device Manager, the Network adapters list is expanded when nothing else is: The question says it all. Network adapters is ALWAYS expanded even though nothing else is. Does this indicate a problem with the network adapter? There are no yellow triangles or any other indication of a problem. Adapter drivers are up to date....
  3. Whenever I open Device Manager, the Network adapters list is expanded when nothing else is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I open Device Manager, the Network adapters list is expanded when nothing else is: The question says it all. Network adapters is ALWAYS expanded even though nothing else is. Does this indicate a problem with the network adapter? There are no yellow triangles or any other indication of a problem. Adapter drivers are up to date....
  4. Settings search in wrong language (and nothing else)

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings search in wrong language (and nothing else): I recently switched my system's display language from English (US) to Japanese, and then back. Everything is normal, except when I search for settings in the Settings window or the Start menu, which is still in Japanese. I have restarted multiple times, and done everything on...
  5. Why when I open settings does it not allow me to choose a setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why when I open settings does it not allow me to choose a setting?: When I try and go into the settings menu to try and change things eg: like the colour of my taskbar, I am unable to select a setting and when i hover my cursor over the options it doesn't do anything. I have tried certain commands using the Command Prompt but none of these...
  6. NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I PRESS WINDOWS LOGO + V!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NOTHING HAPPENS WHEN I PRESS WINDOWS LOGO + V!: I used to use windows 10 clipboard history, But today, when I pressed Windows logo and V nothing happened. I tried a lot of stuff still nothing happened. I am in version 2004 OS Build 19041.488...
  7. when I click on settings, nothing comes up, can't click on any of the options listed

when I click on settings, nothing comes up, can't click on any of the options listed: setting display is blank except for options on left hand of screen but am unable to click on any of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-settings-nothing-comes-up-cant/13794c95-915b-468a-a7e9-e301b1150702
  8. i cant open setting or anything else.

i cant open setting or anything else.: Hi, on the taskbar icant see my app, open setting or action center or paint only notepad and file explorer. Help Me!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-setting-or-anything-else/75e19bf3-df08-477d-9956-2dce67bdfddf
  9. Windows Logo not coming.

Windows Logo not coming.: Yesterday I converted my bios from legacy to UEFI using Microsoft's mbr2gpt command all the commands were successful and when I restarted my PC then the windows logo is not coming....
  10. BSOD when doing nothing else than browsing

BSOD when doing nothing else than browsing: Two BSODs, once today, once yesterday. No other applications running than browsers, doing nothing else than browsing. The only common factor in these two BSODs is that yesterday I was uploading big file (3.5 GB) to my OneDrive when it happened, today downloading another big...