Windows 10: When I open Task Manager it stays on screen for about 5 seconds then closes.

Discus and support When I open Task Manager it stays on screen for about 5 seconds then closes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just reinstalled windows after getting a new Motherboard and CPU, I installed the current BIOS and chipset drivers and task manager was working at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TravisJokel, Dec 18, 2019.

1. When I open Task Manager it stays on screen for about 5 seconds then closes.

I just reinstalled windows after getting a new Motherboard and CPU, I installed the current BIOS and chipset drivers and task manager was working at that point. After installing other misc drivers (graphics and audio) it was still working. I restored my windows backup from before the reinstallation and now I cant get task manager to work.

Looking at other threads with similar task manager issues iv'e opened Command Prompt as admin and run sfc/scannow and had no integrity violations. Nothing to fix there. Iv'e also run DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and no corruption was detected. Nothing to fix there either. If anyone at Microsoft or anyone else who has had this issue and resolved it could help that would be amazing. I'll include a list of hardware in case that might be helpful.

AMD 3600X

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon

16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V Series (F4-3200C16D-16GVRB)

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11G-P4-6393-KR

Toshiba-TL100 120GB - (CWhen I open Task Manager it stays on screen for about 5 seconds then closes. :)

Toshiba HDWF180 8TB

FEH2CZFZD2YZAAE01 480GB

Toshiba HDWE150 5TB

ST2000VN000-1H3164 2TB

Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB

:)

TravisJokel, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Pixelme Win User

Windows 10 Camera Opens, but closes in 5 Seconds

MS-Windows 'Camera Window' opens, but only for about 5 Seconds, then closes.

Haven't previously used the Windows Camera on my Laptop. (Rely on my Tablet). Today, pinned Windows Camera to Task Bar, checked 'Settings\Privacy\Camera' set to 'Allow Access'
    and that Settings\Camera shows 'Camera Switched On'.

Every time I attempt to use the Camera, a Window Opens displaying it, but only for about 5 Seconds, then closes.

During the 5 Seconds the Window stays open, I tried clicking the Camera Settings Cog (which responds by opening to show a list of settings) but the Camera Window still closes before anything else can be done / clicked. (Can't keep it open for longer than 5
    Seconds, literally).

Running latest 64bit Windows 10 Professional on an elderly Sony VAIO Laptop (9 Years Old). Everything else working fine, as far as I can tell. Thoughts? (Thanks in advance for any Comments).

Pixelme, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Steev S Win User
    Mobile 6 Task Manager Closes After 3 Seconds

I purchased a Samsung SCH-i760 3 weeks ago and have been putting through the paces. It is pretty well documented that programs "build up" and you need to close them with the task manager, but this particular PDA/phone has a quirk where the Task Manager
    only stays open for about 3 seconds, hardly giving you time to use the tool. If there are programs in the manager, the first, highlighted program will open. If there are no programs in the manager, it just closes. Any ideas or similar experiences? I'm
    sure it is not supposed to do this. None of the folks in the Verizon stores or help center had heard of this before.

Steev S, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

When I open Task Manager it stays on screen for about 5 seconds then closes.

Windows 10 task bar usually stays locked

Hi,

Thank you for replying with the status of this issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the PowerShell window
    • Reboot
    Let us know the status and write to us for further assistance.

We’ll be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

When I open Task Manager it stays on screen for about 5 seconds then closes.

1. When I open Task Manager it stays on screen for about 5 seconds then closes. - Similar Threads - open Task Manager

2. Task Manager takes 10-12 second open and 5-6 seconds to close after recent update below.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager takes 10-12 second open and 5-6 seconds to close after recent update below.: Recent updates below caused delay in Task Manager coming up and closing. In addition the Search bar in the taskbar is slower coming up when clicking into it. I tried deinstalling the 2022-09 updates for KB501738 and would not deinstall. Perform all three in orderDISM health...
  3. Task Manager takes 10-12 second open and 5-6 seconds to close after recent update below.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager takes 10-12 second open and 5-6 seconds to close after recent update below.: Recent updates below caused delay in Task Manager coming up and closing. In addition the Search bar in the taskbar is slower coming up when clicking into it. I tried deinstalling the 2022-09 updates for KB501738 and would not deinstall. Perform all three in orderDISM health...
  4. Task Manager takes 10-12 second open and 5-6 seconds to close after recent update below.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Task manager opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager opens for a second then closes: HelloI have been having an issue for a few months and I finally decided to take action, task manager closing about a second after opening it. I browsed about 10 threads and still could not find a solution. It works in safe mode, but I do not know how to get it to work in a...
  6. Task manager opens for a second then closes

Task manager opens for a second then closes: HelloI have been having an issue for a few months and I finally decided to take action, task manager closing about a second after opening it. I browsed about 10 threads and still could not find a solution. It works in safe mode, but I do not know how to get it to work in a...
  7. Task manager opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Task Manager keeps closing seconds after opening it.

Task Manager keeps closing seconds after opening it.: I tried everything I couldWindows 10 reinstallingvirus scanningat one point I system restore which fixed it but it comes backI even had a moment when it stopped syncing my account and it still not fixed it.there was this adminstrator account and I somehow got OpenVPN despite...
  9. Applications closing randomly about 5 seconds after opening

Applications closing randomly about 5 seconds after opening: So I have been having this problem for about a week now. I noticed it from Steam. Steam itself launches fine, but none of the games from within. I will get the splash screen for a few seconds and then it closes. So I started some trouble shooting and noticed that other...
  10. Task manager opens and then imediately closes.

Task manager opens and then imediately closes.: I have just built my first pc, and installed windows 10 this morning. I then installed google chrome and streamlabs obs. Those are the only three programs that i installed on this hard drive and No problems were present. I left my computer up for about an hour and came back,...