Windows 10: When I open three particular software, I lose my internet connection temporarily!!

Discus and support When I open three particular software, I lose my internet connection temporarily!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language. Three days ago, when I opened the Epic Games Launcher, I saw that it was not connecting to the server. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Md Ashraful Islam, Aug 14, 2020.

1. When I open three particular software, I lose my internet connection temporarily!!

I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language. Three days ago, when I opened the Epic Games Launcher, I saw that it was not connecting to the server. Then I reset my network & also the router. I have changed my router also. But, the problem was not gone.

After some time, I found out that when I open Epic Games Launcher & Rockstar Games Launcher,I lose my internet connection. As I use wifi, I saw the status went to"no internet". But, to my utter surprise, when I minimize the launcher to the taskbar or system tray, I get my connection back ASAP.

To record it, I installed OBS. But, after a couple of minutes without any issues, windows asked me to restart to install some updates. After rebooting, OBS started behaving the same as Epic Games Launcher. I have installed several other software to check, but they were no problem.

Later I tested it on a virtual box and Epic Games Launcher didn't misbehave.

Thinking of some weird virus, I reinstalled windows. But, the problem was not gone. Then I have done a clean windows installation. But still the same problem.

Finding no solution,I used an android device as a repeater which was connected to my home wi-fi and connected my laptop to the network using a proxy. And, the three software mentioned above didn't cause any issue. But when I used a router as a repeater, the problem was not gone.

:)

Md Ashraful Islam, Aug 14, 2020

2. losing internet connection

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if you receive any error code or error message.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

I suggest you refer the help article below as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. Get back to us for any further queries on losing Internet connection. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Aug 14, 2020
  4. When I open three particular software, I lose my internet connection temporarily!!

regarding internet problem in laptop for a particular software

hi . my laptop is connected to internet through hotspot and i can able to use internet but for a particular software it is showing "no internet connection" so i am unable to open that application..it is a software for personal use .

shinekurian, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

When I open three particular software, I lose my internet connection temporarily!!

1. When I open three particular software, I lose my internet connection temporarily!! - Similar Threads - open three particular

2. How to disable internet connectivity for a particular app/software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable internet connectivity for a particular app/software?: I want to disable the internet connectivity of 'Steam' as my younger brother keeps on downloading video games from the steam client on my computer. I cannot downright uninstall it as well since his existing games would cease to function for the offline mode. So is there a way...
  3. How to disable internet connectivity for a particular app/software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable internet connectivity for a particular app/software?: I want to disable the internet connectivity of 'Steam' as my younger brother keeps on downloading video games from the steam client on my computer. I cannot downright uninstall it as well since his existing games would cease to function for the offline mode. So is there a way...
  4. How to disable internet connectivity for a particular app/software?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Upon sharing my internet connection, I lose access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upon sharing my internet connection, I lose access to the internet: Hello. I have a strange problem involving the sharing of an internet connection over an ethernet cable, which seems to be present ever since I completed the most recent Windows Update for my Windows 10 PC.I have a Raspberry Pi which I occasionally connect to my desktop to...
  6. Upon sharing my internet connection, I lose access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upon sharing my internet connection, I lose access to the internet: Hello. I have a strange problem involving the sharing of an internet connection over an ethernet cable, which seems to be present ever since I completed the most recent Windows Update for my Windows 10 PC.I have a Raspberry Pi which I occasionally connect to my desktop to...
  7. Upon sharing my internet connection, I lose access to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. When I open File Explorer (or search in windows search), I lose internet connection for 5...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I open File Explorer (or search in windows search), I lose internet connection for 5...: [ATTACH] Hello, I have internet problem on my computer. Computer configuration: Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2070 super, 16gb 3200mhz, MSI B450 gaming plus max, 1TB SSD).I have a USB network card TP-Link Archer T3U, the latest drivers from the official TP-Link website. The problem...
  9. My internet gets disconnected when I open a particular software

My internet gets disconnected when I open a particular software: I am facing a very weird issue. Whenever I open Epic Games Launcher it seems my wifi status goes to "No internet". I minimize it & my internet comes back. How do I solve this issue? N.B.: To record the issue I installed OBS. It was working. Then I got a prompt message to...
  10. I keep losing my internet connection

I keep losing my internet connection: Hi! Asking for your help on how to avoid this from happening again. I always get disconnected to my wifi every 5 minutes so I have to troubleshoot to fix it every time. It always says problem with wireless adapter or access point. I am using an ASUS laptop on windows 10....