Windows 10: when i open Windows security on windows10 i do not have an option to perform any scan

Discus and support when i open Windows security on windows10 i do not have an option to perform any scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I open Windows security I do not have an option to perform any scan on windows10. I have tried all the remedies posted on google.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by davidmillar1943, Oct 16, 2020.

1. when i open Windows security on windows10 i do not have an option to perform any scan

When I open Windows security I do not have an option to perform any scan on windows10. I have tried all the remedies posted on google.

:)

davidmillar1943, Oct 16, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

when i open Windows security on windows10 i do not have an option to perform any scan [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

when i open Windows security on windows10 i do not have an option to perform any scan [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

when i open Windows security on windows10 i do not have an option to perform any scan

security scan

Hi,

It's possible that some corrupted system files are preventing Windows Defender from running a scan on your computer. we'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest performing a clean boot to find out if this behavior is
    caused by a third-party program. This will load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, preventing software conflicts from occurring. If you can perform a security scan in a clean boot environment, check the section How to determine
    what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot
    for what to do next.

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

when i open Windows security on windows10 i do not have an option to perform any scan

1. when i open Windows security on windows10 i do not have an option to perform any scan - Similar Threads - open security windows10

2. I WAS UNABLE TO OPEN WINDOWS SECURITY OPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I WAS UNABLE TO OPEN WINDOWS SECURITY OPTION: I was unable to open Windows security option , As i open it a blank black screen appear with no information and no setting and also my Virus and Threat protection was also disable because of this I was unable to enable this setting?...
  3. I WAS UNABLE TO OPEN WINDOWS SECURITY OPTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I WAS UNABLE TO OPEN WINDOWS SECURITY OPTION: I was unable to open Windows security option , As i open it a blank black screen appear with no information and no setting and also my Virus and Threat protection was also disable because of this I was unable to enable this setting?...
  4. On windows10, when I start PC folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    On windows10, when I start PC folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders: On windows10, when I start PC, folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders. How do I ensure folders open the first time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows10-when-i-start-pc-folders-do-not-open-i/dcebb190-eae1-43cb-9a13-a392c2a8c3a8
  5. On windows10, when I start PC folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On windows10, when I start PC folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders: On windows10, when I start PC, folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders. How do I ensure folders open the first time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-windows10-when-i-start-pc-folders-do-not-open-i/dcebb190-eae1-43cb-9a13-a392c2a8c3a8
  6. On windows10, when I start PC folders do not open. I have to restart PC to open folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Security is not opening its dashboard or scanning any files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security is not opening its dashboard or scanning any files: Split from this thread.my windows security is not opening its dash board or sacming anyb files i just got upgraded from windows 10 ,and my cursor is going wild i think itrs a virus from a file in downladed but the , windows is not detecting ithelp me with this...
  8. how do I stop this? Windows security doesn't have any option to get rid of it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I stop this? Windows security doesn't have any option to get rid of it.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Heavyoak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzr6re/how_do_i_stop_this_windows_security_doesnt_have/
  9. Windows Security doesn't have any options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security doesn't have any options: [IMG] Hello, so let me be quick with this, when I open the windows security panel, there's absolutely nothing, also, I don't see the Defender icon in the taskbar... It would be awesome if someone could help me with this, thanks! [ATTACH]...
  10. Additional user when I opened Windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Additional user when I opened Windows10: I downloaded Windows 10 and when it opened for use it said hello to me and someone named John. I am concerned because of security issues while I a using it. There is only one computer in this house and I am the only user. How do I get rid of the unwanted John. I talked to...