Windows 10: when I open word no longer shows menu...opens into one category

Discus and support when I open word no longer shows menu...opens into one category in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I went to attach a word document to an email..clicked..when word opened it did not show the usual menu o selct from...it opened into a full screen of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnSamerjan1, Nov 29, 2018.

1. when I open word no longer shows menu...opens into one category

I went to attach a word document to an email..clicked..when word opened it did not show the usual menu o selct from...it opened into a full screen of my documents in an unfamiliar format that I couldn't get out of

:)

JohnSamerjan1, Nov 29, 2018
  2. heartog Win User

"Open With" context Menu slow to load

Hi all,

so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the list right away. This not only happens when i restart my pc, but also when I haven't opened a file with the "open with" menu for like 1 or 2 hours and it will lag for like 3 seconds again for it to show the list of programs that it could be opened with.

I've already tried programs like Autoruns, ShellExView and disabling those context menu would now help either. Also, I deleted the unnecessary programs from the open with list through the registry already and it still doesn't help.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

heartog, Nov 29, 2018
  3. outlook opens word?

I have asked about this problem just about everywhere. well what is happening is when we open a new message in outlook it opens what looks like the shell of word that takes up a entire monitor ( it’s a four monitor system ). You cannot close the "shell" but if you close the message it will close.
    Winword.exe is not running in the processes but word shows up in the application tab
    It is the office 2k7 suite
    If anybody has seen anything like this any help would be greatly appreciated
    Also if you need to know anything else about the system please let me know.

macscottsman88, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Frick Win User

when I open word no longer shows menu...opens into one category

Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

when I open word no longer shows menu...opens into one category

1. when I open word no longer shows menu...opens into one category - Similar Threads - open word longer

2. Word not opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word not opening.: I have 365. I can not open word or PDF documents. I have uninstalled 365 and re-installed. I have removed all COMM add-ons. Other apps excel and powerpoint start fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-not-opening/a9381300-3bfa-4c7d-8f93-b2bb239d4fbd
  3. Word not opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word not opening.: I have 365. I can not open word or PDF documents. I have uninstalled 365 and re-installed. I have removed all COMM add-ons. Other apps excel and powerpoint start fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-not-opening/a9381300-3bfa-4c7d-8f93-b2bb239d4fbd
  4. When I open a MS word file in Microsoft one drive in Android , I'm not able to see menu [...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open a MS word file in Microsoft one drive in Android , I'm not able to see menu [...: When I open a MS word file in Microsoft one drive in Android , I'm not able to see menu [ File ,Home , Insert , Layout , etc ] or ribbon . Why is this so?...
  5. When I open a MS word file in Microsoft one drive in Android , I'm not able to see menu [...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open a MS word file in Microsoft one drive in Android , I'm not able to see menu [...: When I open a MS word file in Microsoft one drive in Android , I'm not able to see menu [ File ,Home , Insert , Layout , etc ] or ribbon . Why is this so?...
  6. when iam open the start menu it will automatically close itself, and i open menu i show the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    when iam open the start menu it will automatically close itself, and i open menu i show the...: when iam open the start menu it will automatically close itself, and i open menu i show the menu sudenly close https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-iam-open-the-start-menu-it-will-automatically/646364e7-cde3-46ee-be40-a4d900d4177a
  7. I can't open a word document in the browser, whenever I open it, does it open the word,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open a word document in the browser, whenever I open it, does it open the word,...: When I select to open any document in the browser or I drag the file to the browser, it downloads the document and does not open at all in the browser. I have the same problem with chrome, firefox and edge chrominum I want to open the document in the document viewer of the...
  8. when opening Word shows other encoding ($nereader6.sprint.dot)

in Windows 10 Customization
    when opening Word shows other encoding ($nereader6.sprint.dot): what to do if when opening Word shows other encoding ($nereader6.sprint.dot) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-opening-word-shows-other-encoding/fd5c7583-69d6-4e57-b42f-d322bacd5e82
  9. PDF when opened in word is not readable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF when opened in word is not readable: I don't understand why all at once, when I open a PDF file in word it is not readable and I can't print it readable. I have Windows 10, and before I could open PDF's in window word and it was readable....
  10. When I open MS Word documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I open MS Word documents: When I now open MS Word documents I find they are all encrypted. How do I get the documents to display normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/when-i-open-ms-word-documents/41b7d182-4393-4b85-a9cf-db993c031280