Windows 10: When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

Discus and support When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The title explains it. I've been trying to watch a 4K film through VLC, and I am able to turn Windows HDR on meaning my computer should support it, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ivan_122, Apr 18, 2022.

1. ivan_122 Win User

When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

The title explains it. I've been trying to watch a 4K film through VLC, and I am able to turn Windows HDR on meaning my computer should support it, and my TV is 4K I connected PC to tv via HDMI cable. But when I actually play the video HDR just turns off by itself.

:)

ivan_122, Apr 18, 2022

2. HDR settings won't turn on

Hi,

You may play a streaming high range video when our Windows 10 device has a display that's optimized for HDR video. For us to isolate your concern, we would like to ask for the following information:

• Were there any changes or updates installed on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

In the meantime, you may check this
    link
    for more information about what you need to play HDR video in Windows 10.

Feel free to post back, and we'll assist you further.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 18, 2022
  3. HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, Apr 18, 2022
  4. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

Windows 10 HDR & SDR

Quotes from this
    article
    :

To enjoy HDR video, you need the right content, hardware and software.

To get HDR, go to Settings > System > Display, and turn on “HDR and WCG.”

This
    article
    gives you a list of requirements.

Smittychat., Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

1. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off - Similar Threads - play HDR video

2. HDR instantly turns off when clicking use HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR instantly turns off when clicking use HDR: Hi, I'm using a TV as a monitor and auto HDR works with games. I can go into the menu of my tv while playing red dead redemption 2 and it says Picture Mode HDR10. But I need to calibrate the HDR. When I try to use the microsoft calibration tool it says I need to enable HDR. I...
  3. HDR instantly turns off when clicking use HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR instantly turns off when clicking use HDR: Hi, I'm using a TV as a monitor and auto HDR works with games. I can go into the menu of my tv while playing red dead redemption 2 and it says Picture Mode HDR10. But I need to calibrate the HDR. When I try to use the microsoft calibration tool it says I need to enable HDR. I...
  4. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  5. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

[HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  6. HDR video not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR video not playing: The hdr video streaming is supported and is turned on.But it doesnot stream hdr videos. Using Chrome right now and all the battery saving stuffs are turned off. How to fix this ?...
  7. HDR video not playing

HDR video not playing: The hdr video streaming is supported and is turned on.But it doesnot stream hdr videos. Using Chrome right now and all the battery saving stuffs are turned off. How to fix this ?...
  8. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off: The title explains it. I've been trying to watch a 4K film through VLC, and I am able to turn Windows HDR on meaning my computer should support it, and my TV is 4K I connected PC to tv via HDMI cable. But when I actually play the video HDR just turns off by itself....
  9. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off: The title explains it. I've been trying to watch a 4K film through VLC, and I am able to turn Windows HDR on meaning my computer should support it, and my TV is 4K I connected PC to tv via HDMI cable. But when I actually play the video HDR just turns off by itself....
  10. Hdr turns off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hdr turns off: I am on a Gaming Pc to be Exact its my tower hooked to a 4k UHD TV but when I turn HDR on and try to play a game for example, Minecraft it turns itself off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-turns-off/8503274d-b9ff-4f6c-9b16-853a419b6c5b